Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2329: Rolling Paper Anniversary (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2329-rolling-paper-anniversary-19755/)

dannyhatch 02-23-2016 04:29 PM

2329: Rolling Paper Anniversary

with Evan Jones – Hosting a marijuana march; stand-up in jail; stand-up on mushrooms; activists commandeering a brunch; the closing of Guantanamo Bay; Uber driver kills 6, shoots 8 while taking fares; Dr. Luke calls Kesha a liar; soccer player kills soccer referee during game; Hitler’s micropenis and undescended testicle; Chemda’s wedding anniversary; dabs kinda explained

Guest:
Evan Jones
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...es-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Electric Squirrel 02-23-2016 04:40 PM

I've never associated "thug" with black. I'm from a rural area of Canada, so maybe the new meaning just hasn't penetrated here yet, I don't live in a particularly diverse area. However, when I hear "thug" the first image that pops to my mind is a large redneck wearing a tapout shirt, who works in the oil field, and possibly has a gun in his pickup... Or maybe a bouncer. From my understanding a thug was a person who tried to intimidate others.

Keith 02-23-2016 09:45 PM

Agreed. The first thing I think of is a big white guy, actually. A big Fargo dummy.

Point being; thugs are big.

I'm not saying the news (and idiot people on your Facebook feed) DOESN'T use it wrong, but when we know someone ISN'T using it wrong, let's just make our point.

"I KNEW you'd say Bernie!"

Anyway, here's Evan Jones. Do we like him?

My Sweaty Balls 02-24-2016 03:38 AM

Evan was great

Loved the James Adomian story and the jail standup. Aces ten

And whoever did his website does have dysgraphia (a form of dyslexia). Amercan and Amrican in the same paragraph is a sure sign that it isn't just bad spelling.

So Keith, criticising his spelling was kind of like picking on a guy in a wheelchair for not being good at going up stairs.

Keith 02-24-2016 09:24 AM

No, it'd be the same if the wheelchair guy kept falling down steps after he keeps telling you to watch him go down the steps, meanwhile his friends are standing around him willing to help.

"Poor guy, Keith. He has dyslexia. There's nothing he can do."

I guess add more videos to the website?

Aye yie yeesh.

memecherry 02-24-2016 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 850957)
Agreed. The first thing I think of is a big white guy, actually. A big Fargo dummy.

Point being; thugs are big.

I'm not saying the news (and idiot people on your Facebook feed) DOESN'T use it wrong, but when we know someone ISN'T using it wrong, let's just make our point.

"I KNEW you'd say Bernie!"

Anyway, here's Evan Jones. Do we like him?

Evan was AWESOME!!

You guys are on a hot streak of shows!! Makes it easy to spread the word :D

My Sweaty Balls 02-24-2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 850977)
No, it'd be the same if the wheelchair guy kept falling down steps after he keeps telling you to watch him go down the steps, meanwhile his friends are standing around him willing to help.

"Poor guy, Keith. He has dyslexia. There's nothing he can do."

I guess add more videos to the website?

Aye yie yeesh.

Well you know these wheelchair guys, always wanting their independence. Jeesh.

And he's also stoned - you know he made a great video but forgot to hit REC.

My Sweaty Balls 02-24-2016 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 851016)
According to this we can never critizice anyone for anything. That's not the world I'm want to live in.:)

Please explain the logic where one case of criticising someone with a disability can be extrapolated to "we can never criticise anything". I'm not following.

Also I didn't say don't criticise disabled people for being slow climbing stairs, you can still do it.

Just be aware that dyslexia is a learning disability in the same way paraplegia is a physical disability.

Criticise away.

Keith 02-24-2016 06:44 PM

Classic Balls.

iheartnihilism 03-03-2016 07:43 AM

"I look like a grown up Harry Potter" "I look like Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings"

God. Brag much?