Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-08-2006, 09:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

234: Abort! Abort!

"You can open it up and you got a dick in your face, absolutely."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Woo Hoo! I get two episodes in one day?

AWESOME!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

call me cheap, but 30 bucks is little steep to watch a webcam 3 times a month. maybe you can rip the webcam feed and make it into a video podcast and release it on sunday. l just wonder how many are willing to pay, especialy if you all dont get a cut.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It's a bonus, and the only way I know how to do it. People are free to rip and pass it around. Now everyone will post links that they haven't researched well, but this is the only thing that looks good to me. Not to be a dick, but I don't have time to do work like save a file as it's recording and host it or anything like that that.

One love.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

Location: London, Ontario, Canada. Formerly Paisley, Scotland
Fear not the clan will work something out, it also means I can sleep this Friday night instead of waking up to fuck things up ;])
Old 03-09-2006, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
It's a bonus, and the only way I know how to do it. People are free to rip and pass it around. Now everyone will post links that they haven't researched well, but this is the only thing that looks good to me. Not to be a dick, but I don't have time to do work like save a file as it's recording and host it or anything like that that.

One love.
Video podcasts are attracting a lot of advertising interest, if you get time check some of the video podcasts out there, I enjoy KATG as a normal podcast, but if your going to bring video into the mix, it could be worth looking at what opportunities this could open up for you guys in the future, but for now, thanks for keeping it fresh!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #7 (permalink)

Forgive me, I'm usually pretty quiet. Keith, have you tried something like this:http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcamserver/
Old 03-09-2006, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffej
Forgive me, I'm usually pretty quiet. Keith, have you tried something like this:http://sourceforge.net/projects/dcamserver/
Have you seen it used? There's plenty of software out there that can stream live video but if someone's going to recommend a technology, please note how you've seen it used, not how you've read it works.

$4.00 a month ain't that bad for a live feed, cosidering that you can still get the audio for free and some of us (now that Keith has given his blessing - W00T) can torrent it. I'll see if I can figure out how to capture the stream.

Keith -
I recommend a creative commons license to keep Podshow and the likes from co-opting your stuff and profiting off your work.

http://creativecommons.org/license/

I tag most of my stuff with a Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs2.5 License.

Email if you have any questions.

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights

Last edited by william; 03-09-2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

i assume there will still be live audio for the show? i'll probably just listen to the audio of the live show then try to get the video afterwards if some people are able to spread it around.

btw, whoever told you that bottled water is bad for your teeth was wrong... the reason they think that is because it doesn't have flouride like tap water does. flouride is a good thing for your teeth, but that doesn't mean bottled water is BAD for your teeth, it's just not as good as tap water.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

For anyone who is submitting audio files for the stand up comp - if you like, send me your mp's and ill add laughter/audience sfx and give it all a general mix.