Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2340: It's 2016 and Keith Is Woke (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2340-its-2016-keith-woke-19778/)

dannyhatch 03-09-2016 02:23 AM

2340: It's 2016 and Keith Is Woke

with Chanel Ali – Being a black female comedian; Chemda’s flat bike tire; Keith and Chemda’s 11th anniversary dinner; BMW apologizes for using Nazi slaves as free labor; Maria Sharapova admits taking illegal performance enhancing drugs; Keith’s neighborhood attacker update; fight club members kidnap and beat fight club winner’s friend

Guest:
Chanel Ali
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...li-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Enunciated Piffle 03-09-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 851313)

Would it be better just to ignore this fact and just celebrate beautiful cars? I don't think so.
Of course this does not make everything right.

Germany during WW2. The Holocaust. Near genocide of a people. A wound all of humanity has discussed/ compared/ analogized/ referenced to/ and joked about endlessly for decades - probably centuries to come.

Who, exactly, is ignoring?

If it does not make, "everything right" as you state. What are the parts that it does? Cuz you're implying it does 'some' good. I disagree.

Enunciated Piffle 03-10-2016 01:32 AM

Is it more injury though? Do you really feel this way? Or is it more of like a conditioned response? Recognizing that you, (as a caring person) would do. You'd do the good and right thing. Be tactful. Show respect.

I'm not trying to be cold or uncaring here. I just want to point out the following.

Corporations. Are not. People.

Here in the States, we started an endless mess declaring corporations have rights. some sneaky lawyer made an argument for Corporate Personhood. So now we're stuck dealing with these gigantic, bottom -line, profit first/ people last, behemoths running around. Being treated as constitutionally protected people! It's pretty much everything wrong with world today. From war profiteering, to controlling elections.

So. Let's quit pretending corporations care. They don't. They never did. They can't. They are strictly business. Profit first. People last. It's who they are.

Enunciated Piffle 03-10-2016 09:39 AM

Ok. Let me put it this way.

Does an insincere apology, from a fake person, really mean anything..?

Lanfear 03-10-2016 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle (Post 851322)
Ok. Let me put it this way.

Does an insincere apology, from a fake person, really mean anything..?

I'm with Apia on this.

Hiding/ignoring/pretending it never happened is worse than an insincere apology

And if you think about it pretty much ANYTHING a cooperation communicates could be considered insincere. Otherwise every car would be the best car ever built

Enunciated Piffle 03-10-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 851323)

Hiding/ignoring/pretending it never happened is worse than an insincere apology

Pretend apology from a non person > pretending

I hear what you ladies are sAying. I'm just sAying. It's absurd.

zappbrannigan 03-10-2016 02:33 PM

@Enunciated Piffle

Are you out of questions?

Enunciated Piffle 03-10-2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zappbrannigan (Post 851326)
@Enunciated Piffle

Are you out of questions?

Yes :D

My Sweaty Balls 03-10-2016 10:34 PM

Chanel is a beautiful comedienne.

And she's funny.

I'd like to hear more from her.

Sent from my foam - stupid auto correct.

Norwegian_Fag 03-31-2016 03:47 PM

I don't write here much and I'm a little behind on shows, but I just felt like saying I loved Chanel Ali on this show. Funny, smart and seemed really at ease. Aces ten.