Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you bouncing for Bernie?
Yes 22 73.33%
No 8 26.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 03-30-2016, 05:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

i'm not disagreeing that Trump is fucking bonkers, i'm disagreeing that the distance between him and Hillary makes up for how craptacular she would also be and that we should soften to her.

it's like agreeing to be stabbed in the stomach instead of the face. i can't do that with a smile.
memecherry likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)

i'm unphased and unshocked by racist bigoted conservative assholes. i live in the hot bed. he's not saying or doing anything i ain't heard before.

and he didn't sell anyone to these views; they already held them.

that you don't seem to get what a threat a Clinton administration is to things that aren't social issues is goofy. she's not bloviating like a fucking cow, but that doesn't mean she's a safe or smart choice.
Old 03-30-2016, 06:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post

I understand that you prefer bernie, he seems sensible to me.
didn't say i supported Bernie. i don't dislike Bernie, but i don't hail him as our savior.

basically i have zero faith in the election process. it's exhausting and brings out the worst in /everybody/. we put ourselves at odds with our neighbors for over a year every other year. our empire is falling. it won't not fall. there's no getting back to "great" and nobody wins.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
I think he is secretly gay and too afraid to come out, but maybe it's just me.
Even if he is, it's not that like his personal life is any of my business. Still think he's crazy talented and practically perfect. Have you seen his Gaston-off with Luke Evans?

I hope that his final go around as Wolverine is good, Deadpool just raised the bar pretty high for superhero movies.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:42 PM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Hugh Jackman as president is weird because...

My head is spinning.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 06:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
It's really not that I want Hilary, I just don't want any one of the Republican crazies to be president.
this. this right here is the choice we've been making for decades. i'm sick to death of folks being surprised "picking the lesser of two evils" hasn't turned out so well and even more sick that we keep doing it with a shrug.

maybe i don't want ICP running my shit, but it doesn't make Scrooge McDuck a finer candidate. it's forced perspective at best.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-31-2016, 07:52 AM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
this. this right here is the choice we've been making for decades. i'm sick to death of folks being surprised "picking the lesser of two evils" hasn't turned out so well and even more sick that we keep doing it with a shrug.

maybe i don't want ICP running my shit, but it doesn't make Scrooge McDuck a finer candidate. it's forced perspective at best.
That's why I really hope that maybe this whole clusterfuck shakes up your guys two party system enough to allow new parties to be viable in the next years.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

it's too profitable for us to do much about it. until the money is out of it, we're fucking stuck. it'll /start/ with overturning Citizens United, but just that battle will take some time.

fixing whatever this is will take generations. that's the time scale we have to start working on. we gotta set up a long game and so far, nobody's got a good long game.*

*because the rats leaving the sinking ship are hoarding as much as they can before jumping.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:13 AM   #19 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You will never take the money out of it - capitalism works and will always influence politics.
But you can try and work on the voting system maybe? Right now both of the big parties should be super scared because things don't work the way they planned or wanted them to.

I watched a really cool video series on voting systems a few years ago - because everything is better with cute animals

MichaelApproved and Sparrow like this.

Last edited by Lanfear; 03-31-2016 at 08:19 AM.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:23 AM   #20 (permalink)

it's also unfair all around that conservative politics and evangelical Christianity have meshed faces. they are the same. the Church has gripped the State. it's real. it's happening. moderate republicans votes right now come with unconstitutional and undignified rhetoric and policy.

Jesus was not a fiscal conservative. he didn't carry a weapon. and he never charged for healthcare. but the GOP made him their poster boy.

it's not a celebration on any of the other sides either. all reasonable people are in a bind.
memecherry likes this.