Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Filet mignon
Yummy 40 88.89%
Vomitous 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 04-01-2016, 11:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

Misleading Graphs and Statistics
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
They picked a visualization that makes their point look good and you picked this one vs a boring bar graph that would show a realistic difference.

Not that you can't make bar graphs fucked up
Apples and oranges. Not even fuckin oranges. You're comparing apples and Trump steaks for fucks sake.
Keith likes this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Humans in general are soooooo fucking much better at recognizing shapes and size vs numbers.

Because math is a learned skill but you know instinctually if that cave lion is big enough to eat you.

Graphs are used to lie.
They colored that graph in two colors and with this division for a reason.
Because somebody could pretend to say 'oh this is clearly not meant to be a graph my bad' the exact same way that Fox says 'but look we labeled the axis - you just thought that the size of the bar has any impact - you are so dumb'
Sparrow likes this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...26/#post833794

Quoting myself because fuck you
Old 04-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #25 (permalink)

Sorry for trying to give my fellow KATG listeners a little credit for knowing how to read. Next time I'll just type out the delegates and leave the graphic off. Wouldn't wanna confuse you too much.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #26 (permalink)

also, they increased the font on Sanders name to imply that he's the winner. of what, i don't fucking know b/c he's not running against Obama and there's no need to compare him to Obama. why would it be important that he's bigger, faster, stronger than the guy leaving office? b/c he was Hillary's last opponent and now we get to measure their dicks and pee streams to see who wins that, too, because the media is making your campaign feel limp?

i'm less concerned with who wins what and why and how than with the thinking that a win is a panacea. we will celebrate all weekend and be disappointed ole Bernie couldn't give us a Utopia in a single presidency.

want a truth bomb? we aren't in a position to create or support Bernie's programs. i would LOVE my generation to gift the country universal healthcare and education, we aren't there yet. we will not be there in 4 years. the /best/ we can do is start the process of untangling the necklace around our economy before we can go waving the fruits of our labor around. those fruits have already been eaten, friendo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:07 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Sorry for trying to give my fellow KATG listeners a little credit for knowing how to read. Next time I'll just type out the delegates and leave the graphic off. Wouldn't wanna confuse you too much.
your sour grapes make you sound stupid.
Lanfear and lizsquiz like this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:11 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
the exact same way that Fox says 'but look we labeled the axis - you just thought that the size of the bar has any impact - you are so dumb'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Lanfear likes this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:28 PM   #29 (permalink)

It's a picture. Not a fucking graph. READ the fucking NUMBERS morons.
FingerLakes likes this.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

you've just convinced me to vote for Hillary. i wasn't going to vote, but now i'm going to not only vote, but i'm doing it to specifically cancel out YOUR vote.

let me write it out:

Bernie Sanders supporter: Eric M
Hillary supporters: Broad City

you can't see the difference because i've left off the graphic bits, but you were represented by a little pile of poop and Abbi and Ilana are squatting over you. the axis was Abbi's height in metric.
Lanfear likes this.