Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2357: Courtesy Professionalism Respect (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2357-courtesy-professionalism-respect-19819/)

Sparrow 04-03-2016 07:28 PM

well, for me, it's more that i watched my Grandparents die with sharp minds inside decaying flesh. my Granny would break her spine just sitting up sometimes (severe osteoporosis). she looked at me right before she died, couldn't speak any more, but she looked at me with the one blue eye that still opened and i could tell she was still in there. i don't want that.

that living longer is a lot about loss. losing the ability to drive. to see. to do ones laundry. stand up. to have a decade or more of that? fucking nope.

Z-Corn 04-04-2016 06:19 AM

That's not Ponch with Jon, I think that is their sergeant...

dannyhatch 04-04-2016 09:03 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, Ponch and Jon are back together again.

thirteen 04-04-2016 09:27 AM

Being robbed 3 times after getting off a waiter shift...was that related to you being a waiter, Lauren? Or is that just what happens to a lot of people in NY, depending on the time of day and location you were in?

There's a big difference between the drug industry (and getting closer to shady people who could be selling other types of drugs and more harmful substances), and people who are trying to work regular, less risky jobs.

I'd be worried about ya too.

rulesofbio 04-04-2016 03:02 PM

yes but no..

yeah it SOUNDS like a good job but there's no way I would risk myself doing that... :eek:

FingerLakes 04-04-2016 03:27 PM

I was meeting a group of friends a few years back, for drinks. The one friend who is always late was later than usual. When she showed up she told us this story:

Her train was stopped 2 stations away because the cops had to come arrest a guy. A short Mexican man was in her subway car and was either jerking off near a woman or rubbing his dick on her ass but she felt it and screamed at him and called him out, "YOU JUST HAD YOUR FUCKING DICK ON ME!" "What? No. No" "YES YOU FUCKING DID YOU CREEP" and the woman kept screaming and the conductor was called and they called the cops and by when the cops got there the guy was freaking out and crying and his only defense was "No don't arrest me. I love my family"

Now we use "I love my family" for any occurrence of someone being a fucking creep

DaveNJ 04-04-2016 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 851965)
well, for me, it's more that i watched my Grandparents die with sharp minds inside decaying flesh. my Granny would break her spine just sitting up sometimes (severe osteoporosis). she looked at me right before she died, couldn't speak any more, but she looked at me with the one blue eye that still opened and i could tell she was still in there. i don't want that.

that living longer is a lot about loss. losing the ability to drive. to see. to do ones laundry. stand up. to have a decade or more of that? fucking nope.

Okay, but do you get to decide which decade of your life you start breaking down in? The people developing osteoporosis treatments and better hip replacements are still going to be grinding away for the next 40 years. Your old age will not be the same, and you may find that your quality of life as you age improves compared to that of your parents and grandparents, as it has for prior generations.

So in that situation, you're still SOL. Yeah, you may feel like checking out at 78 instead of 72, but you're still gonna need to figure out how to get to 78.

Sparrow 04-04-2016 07:18 PM

i don't know. i think maybe like a dog i'll know when it's time. maybe run off to the woods.

DaveNJ 04-04-2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 851988)
i don't know. i think maybe like a dog i'll know when it's time. maybe run off to the woods.

Kay, but that doesn't really solve the retirement problem, does it?

Sparrow 04-04-2016 08:13 PM

nope. i've really only got my life planned out through the fall.