Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: When Keith asked, ‘Do you get it?,’ did you get it?
Yes 28 51.85%
No 26 48.15%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree21Likes

Old 04-08-2016, 10:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
"bags" of heroin are individual doses. The bag is about the size of a postage stamp. 1400 bags is still a lot but wouldn't be as hard to shove up your ass as it sounds.

The bundle in this guy's hand is probably 10 bags.

Show me what 1436 bags looks like.

Give or take.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't mean me, silly. I mean the people (assholes?) that rent out their places like a hotel. Obviously they keep it nice for word of mouth.
I know what you meant... it still applies. If someone rents a place they can't legally rent it out to someone else. If someone owns a place they can. Of course, ideally, they are going to try to keep everything clean so the business can continue no matter who they are but the important distinction is when things go wrong. It's not only the renter that has to pay it is also the landlord. Often the landlord has to pay a higher price even though they weren't financially benefiting when things were going well. They are taking a greater financial risk with no greater financial reward.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Didn't your rentee already sign something that says they're responsible for all damages?
the people that generally do the damage are the ones who also couldn't pay their rent and who trying to squeeze blood out of their stone may be more costly/headache than the damages done and the work to fix it.

believe me, if you left your cat trapped in the house as a Fuck You goodbye, we're probably not going to see a dime and the drama from the crazy tracking your ass down and dealing with you is just not worth it.

we also don't take unsolicited working on the house as payment for living there. somebody handed Papa Bear an invoice /multiple/ times instead of a check. tenants are fucking insane and ridding yourself of them is a sticky damn mess 'cause the crazies don't wanna leave and they will dig their dirty heels right on in if you attempt to exercise your legal rights as property owner. you can almost not be nice to these people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

add to that the number of times equipment got stolen by tenants we offered to work off back rent by helping maintain other properties. enough to make me not as sympathetic to the plights of the renter as others may be.

Last edited by Sparrow; 04-08-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:47 AM   #25 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I know what you meant... it still applies. If someone rents a place they can't legally rent it out to someone else. If someone owns a place they can. Of course, ideally, they are going to try to keep everything clean so the business can continue no matter who they are but the important distinction is when things go wrong. It's not only the renter that has to pay it is also the landlord. Often the landlord has to pay a higher price even though they weren't financially benefiting when things were going well. They are taking a greater financial risk with no greater financial reward.
No, he's complaining about people that have a place only to rent out like a hotel. A landlord. An owner.

Why is that wrong?
Old 04-09-2016, 01:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
add to that the number of times equipment got stolen by tenants we offered to work off back rent by helping maintain other properties. enough to make me not as sympathetic to the plights of the renter as others may be.
That's the dirty south. Over on these here parts there's no offer to do the dishes. You get sued.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
No, he's complaining about people that have a place only to rent out like a hotel. A landlord. An owner.

Why is that wrong?
There isn't anything wrong with that. But that isn't what Ari was saying. He was complaining about people who rent multiple apartments then put them up on Airbnb to make an income. Renting 10 apartments for $2000 a month each and then earning $4000 a month on each apartment through airbnb. Essentially removing those apartments from the market for actual renters and indirectly driving up the overall rent of the area. Or at least that is how it sounded to me.

A landlord/owner can legally put their apartments on airbnb. They don't because it's just not a guaranteed way of making money and there is no real way of vetting applicants. Ari was selling info to the landlords. Why would landlords buy information about themselves?
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:30 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
There isn't anything wrong with that. But that isn't what Ari was saying. He was complaining about people who rent multiple apartments then put them up on Airbnb to make an income. Renting 10 apartments for $2000 a month each and then earning $4000 a month on each apartment through airbnb. Essentially removing those apartments from the market for actual renters and indirectly driving up the overall rent of the area. Or at least that is how it sounded to me.

A landlord/owner can legally put their apartments on airbnb. They don't because it's just not a guaranteed way of making money and there is no real way of vetting applicants. Ari was selling info to the landlords. Why would landlords buy information about themselves?
A landlord/owner can only list their apartment on airbnb to an extent. The site has rules limiting people listing apartments from listing more than one place on their own account in order to avoid the situation of someone buying a building and turning it into an illegal hostel/hotel.

I know landlords get around this because I know a guy who brokers listings on behalf of a landlord. He uses different phones and logins for each location in order to avoid scrutiny. He's making money on it, and even he agrees it shouldn't be allowed.

If we want more hotels/hostels in the city, we should lobby the city government to build more, but turning the housing market into an unregulated hotel business only makes apartments more expensive and increases the cost of city services. I know another couple that moved to the city explicitly to live in a place and rent out a room on an ongoing basis. They live in a "two bedroom" in an "up and coming neighborhood", which means they're gentrifying a Puerto Rican neighborhood by renting out a converted kitchenette in perpetuity to Swedes and Danes who don't know any better while they " hustle".

NYC simply doesn't have the housing stock to support this. If the price of rent has to factor in periodically renting out your place to tourists, people who are unable or unwilling to do so (such as poor people or those with children) will be displaced.
Old 04-09-2016, 06:50 AM   #29 (permalink)

2361: Alligator Tears

A small businessman sees an opportunity and capitalises on it.

Chemda usually is supportive. Ari is way more morally sound than candy crush.

Great guests by the way.

Sent from my foam - stupid auto correct.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 04-09-2016 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
That's the dirty south. Over on these here parts there's no offer to do the dishes. You get sued.
you guys know more in your hearts that you can't be nice to people.