Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who would you vote for President of the United States?
Hillary Clinton 55 83.33%
Donald Trump 11 16.67%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree58Likes

Old 04-25-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2373: Politics as Usual

with Murf Meyer and Diana Kolsky – Murf tries out for a legit baseball team; being addicted to heroin; the problems with the Liberty Bell; KATG polls; Andrew Dice Clay’s new show ‘Dice’; sperm bank misrepresents a donor who is a schizophrenic felon; Tom Brady’s 4-game suspension; Johnny Manziel dropped by his team, his agent, and charged with assault; Curt Schilling fired by ESPN for his anti-trans views; Cruz and Kasich work together against Trump; Michael Khalili likes Clinton over Trump while Keith disagrees; Clinton spends $1 million on Internet trolls to attack Bernie Sanders’ supporters

Guests:
Diana Kolsky

Murf Meyer

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 04-27-2016 at 11:19 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

what's it gonna take for Michael to interrupt my brunch?
MichaelApproved and marykae like this.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #3 (permalink)

First poll I'm incapable of answering. I 100% will not vote for either.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Oh man. Great episode, great guests, lots of thoughts.

I kinda agree with Michael more. If it was between her and Trump, I might just have to hold my nose and vote for her. Although just about everything that comes out of her mouth makes me question that decision more and more. According to last night's Town Hall, she apparently doesn't need Bernie's supporters, and that she has MILLIONS more votes than him!! (even though that number conveniently excludes caucuses, of which Bernie has won most). She'll flip on the TPP as soon as she "doesn't need those progressive voters anymore", and I seriously don't know that I can trust her with other important issues.

But of everything that's happened thus far, what with the proven fraud in NYC including the exit polling discrepancy, other disenfranchisement laws to benefit her and the establishment, the recent proof of Chicago election fraud on the Clinton camp's part, the "CorrectTheRecord" bullshit that's happening, literally buying the support of superdelegates in August of last year, you can just chalk that up to politics as usual?! Maybe on the Republican side, but go ahead and point out one thing from Obama's '08 run that stooped to that level. Here's some shitty tactics she pulled in that campaign too: questioning Obama's Christianity, trying to mislead voters into thinking he's Muslim with an ad, mentioning that "We all remember how Bobby Kennedy was assassinated" at the end of the primaries in '68 when questioned about her abilities to stay in the race after she was losing, the fact that she deliberately remained on the Michigan ballot even after those delegates were compromised (Obama, Edwards, Biden all pulled out)...

Look, Obama's just as much a part of the establishment as she is, and she's not the only one pulling strings, but you have to admit that she's a lot shadier than most Democratic politicians, not to mention her laundry list of lies.

I really don't know if Trump will be the nominee. I mean if he's not, there's going to be riots in the street. But the fact that he has the worst chances of winning the general against Clinton, or the fact that Cruz & Kasich are working together to try to stop Trump & make it to the convention almost proves they'll end up saying "fuck the voters!" and pick one of them. If the republicans have any sense at all, they'll make Kasich the nominee, because he's the only one that actually beats Clinton in the polls. But yeah, no chance in hell I'm voting for Trump. You're risking the lives of not only our citizens, but of civilians in the Middle East. War is the one thing the president has the most power over, and the idea of Trump or Cruz making those decisions makes me wanna barf.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
First poll I'm incapable of answering. I 100% will not vote for either.
You should still vote. The politicians don't care about you unless you vote. Cast a vote for a 3rd party candidate and vote for you congressman and other local officials. You don't matter unless you vote. You don't exist unless you vote. No one cares about your needs unless you vote.
crazyrob, arty, Lanfear and 2 others like this.

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 04-26-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewillbesnacks View Post
I kinda agree with Michael more.
Oh god, why?! He makes shitty "documentaries" that manipulate the truth
therewillbesnacks likes this.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael's Servant View Post
Michael Khalili likes Clinton over Trump while Keith disagrees;
Just to clarify, I don't want to use the word "like" with regards to anything Clinton related. "Michael Khalili will hold his nose and cast a vote for Clinton over Trump while Keith disagrees" is a better description.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:38 AM   #8 (permalink)

Sounds like Michael is saying that Hillary is the duct tape ( kind of trashy but it holds your shit together just a little longer), Bernie is the part you ordered but it's a holiday AND a weekend so you probably won't get it any time soon, and Trump is like blowing up your car because you don't want to use duct tape on your car because it makes you feel like a piece if shit but maybe the explosion will be cool! But then like, you don't have a car anymore.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Even though I'm what whichever-marketting-firm coined the term "bernie bro" would call a "bernie bro," I'm probably going to vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination. As someone who lived through Nader vs Gore, I think it's better to save your activist votes for the down ballot. I know it sucks, but the Trump Steaks are just too high at the national level.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
You should still vote. The politicians don't care about you unless you vote. Cast a vote for a 3rd party candidate and vote for you congressman and other local officials. You don't matter unless you vote. You don't exist unless you vote. No one cares about your needs unless you vote.
I will vote. I have several progressives to vote for in Florida including Tim Cannova and Alan Grayson but I won't vote for her. It's unfortunate that my state is semi-swing but I'll vote for Jill Stein or write in Bernie.
MichaelApproved likes this.