Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Whose side are you on?
Brett Sanders, the man who paid his speeding ticket in pennies 13 40.63%
The city of Frisco, TX 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By thirteen
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 06-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2399: Zootopia

with Andrew Collin – UCLA shooting; anal fissures; bathroom sex and other people’s wives; The O.C.; the Cincinnati Zoo gorilla; Russian couple lives with a 20-year-old bear; man pays $220 fine in pennies; T.I. concert shooting; Johnny Depp and Amber Heard’s witnesses; Andrew’s Spanish fight; Game of Thrones’ Kit Harington (Jon Snow) complains he’s discriminated over his sexiness

Guest:
Andrew Collin

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 06-02-2016 at 12:21 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 02:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm not sure anyone is on the side of the city. A lot of people are on the side of the clerk. He's kind of an asshole but its something id love to fucking do and probably wouldnt so I give him a thumbs up.
Old 06-02-2016, 03:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Pictures from the episode

Why do I want to hear Keith ask "Is the Bear at the Bar drinking Beer?"

When I lived in Memphis in 1981-1982, an older black gentleman bought a brand new Cadillac with pennies he had saved up for years with the purpose of buying a new car.

I remember hearing a story of a man paying his IRS bill with a pickup load of unrolled coins.

If they really wanted to piss the penny guy off, just claim he was a penny short (maybe some rolled when they hit the floor and were not seen), then put a warrant out for his arrest. More court fees to protest

Last edited by LostAgain; 06-02-2016 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Andrew's silliness is contagious. Great guest.
therewillbesnacks and Apia like this.
Old 06-03-2016, 12:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Penny boy's little bitch move was saying "mail me the receipt" as he's leaving. He didn't want to stick around to have to face anyone tougher than the counter clerk.

The whole point of a receipt is to prove the amount was received. Like LostAgain said above, no receipt means you have no way to prove the fine was paid in full.

Even if they decided to accept the pennies as payment (they don't have to), they should've made him stand there while she counted it by hand.

US Department of the Treasury

I thought that United States currency was legal tender for all debts. Some businesses or governmental agencies say that they will only accept checks, money orders or credit cards as payment, and others will only accept currency notes in denominations of $20 or smaller. Isn't this illegal?

The pertinent portion of law that applies to your question is the Coinage Act of 1965, specifically Section 31 U.S.C. 5103, entitled "Legal tender," which states: "United States coins and currency (including Federal reserve notes and circulating notes of Federal reserve banks and national banks) are legal tender for all debts, public charges, taxes, and dues."

This statute means that all United States money as identified above are a valid and legal offer of payment for debts when tendered to a creditor. There is, however, no Federal statute mandating that a private business, a person or an organization must accept currency or coins as for payment for goods and/or services. Private businesses are free to develop their own policies on whether or not to accept cash unless there is a State law which says otherwise. For example, a bus line may prohibit payment of fares in pennies or dollar bills. In addition, movie theaters, convenience stores and gas stations may refuse to accept large denomination currency (usually notes above $20) as a matter of policy.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I would happily stand there while you count it.
da_ticklah likes this.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

It's weird how everybody on the show seemed to WANT Depp to be guilty, especially with how lenient Keith and Chemda were with the guest after he admitted to "sorta" hitting a woman.