Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Vote
Keith 11 31.43%
Chemda 7 20.00%
Michael 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes

Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

2408: Pics or It Didn't Happen

with Michael Khalili – Microsoft buys LinkedIn for $26.2 billion; Keith vs. Michael vs. computers; Disney World gator kills 2-year-old; Orlando shooter’s wife knew his plan, and the gang debates an assault weapons ban; Michael on voting

Guest:
Michael Khalili

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith getting his ass grabbed in a club doesn't mean shit since we've established many times that Keith is exceptionally fuckable. Looking extra smiley in the pics for this ep.
Keith likes this.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

also also

I think the father of Mateen was trying to take the light off Islam because of the Trumppers saying that RADICAL ISLAM and ALL MUSLIMS are to blame for this. The dad was saying being Muslim didn't do it since Good Muslims know that God will punish gays in hell and so we would never pass judgement ie kill them
Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I understand Michael's point when it comes to trouble shooting. It frustrates me like hell when I see friends just skip steps in the trouble shooting process and then complain when shit doesn't work. However, those text that Michael sent were condescending as hell. Not something you want to experience when you are all ready raged out from trying to fix a tech problem.

In short Michael is right, but he brought the rage on to himself for being so condescending.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I understand Michael's point when it comes to trouble shooting. It frustrates me like hell when I see friends just skip steps in the trouble shooting process and then complain when shit doesn't work. However, those text that Michael sent were condescending as hell. Not something you want to experience when you are all ready raged out from trying to fix a tech problem.

In short Michael is right, but he brought the rage on to himself for being so condescending.
This wasn't the first time we wasted hours trying to fix the sound because we were missing information on the setup. I've spent hours with Danny trying to figure things out because we didn't have instructions on the setup.

Also, I noticed my warning to Keith from the night before was mistakenly not included in the show notes.

"We'll be fine"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (71.1 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 06-16-2016 at 01:23 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 03:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I'm on your side but you have to stop the "I told you so" train. You are contributing to why people hate tech support. Although, I have never done tech support on a professional level and I usually just throw my hands in the air and say, "fuck it you're on your own." at the slightest hint of people getting dicky. So I'm not really one to talk.

Anyway now you (Michael) have the chance to photograph and label things now for when future problems arise.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I'm on your side but you have to stop the "I told you so" train. You are contributing to why people hate tech support. Although, I have never done tech support on a professional level and I usually just throw my hands in the air and say, "fuck it you're on your own." at the slightest hint of people getting dicky. So I'm not really one to talk.

Anyway now you (Michael) have the chance to photograph and label things now for when future problems arise.
This has nothing to do with "I told you so". I'm not the one that brought this issue up on the show. It's about "lets stop wasting our time so we can work on more productive things."

The audience is being brought into a long standing issue at the height of things. I have already asked Keith several times to do this because it's an ongoing problem.

The last time this happened, Danny and I wasted hours trying to figure this out while Emily and Andrea were patiently waiting to record their show. That's 4 people spinning their wheels for hours because of this mess. We almost had to cancel their recording.

It's not fair to say that now *I* have a chance to photograph and label things. The soundboard is not my wheelhouse. Just because it's electronic doesn't mean it's my responsibility. I have my hands full with other KATG projects that need to get done.

Having said that, after the last disaster with Emily and Andrea wasting their time while Danny and I desperately tried to figure out the problem, I did purchase colored labels for Keith. Did he label anything then? Nope. It takes this kind of frank talk to get Keith to even take pictures. And even the pics he took weren't that great. Good luck trying to reconstruct the soundboard from those "detailed" pics.

If you look hard enough at those pictures, you can see a few labels that I personally put on but didn't have time to finish. There were more labels on the equipment but, surprise, we don't have pics that other equipment. Did anyone else pick up the project? Nope.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_061616_052909_AM.jpg (136.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_061616_055123_AM.jpg (191.7 KB, 94 views)

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 06-16-2016 at 04:53 AM.
Old 06-16-2016, 05:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What are you showing in the text message you smart-ass fat son of a bitch? You can see that you're saying I should have Before pictures and what do I say? I say that "I do."

And what's the picture of the sloppy wires? Do you really think that's what I was going off of to redo everything? Or MAYBE I was just showing the audience the before and after in general? Would close-up pics of cords fascinate them?

Just ask me to play bocce. You don't need to deliberately rile me up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.6 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (191.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 06-16-2016, 05:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
What are you showing in the text message you smart-ass fat son of a bitch? You can see that you're saying I should have Before pictures and what do I say? I say that "I do."

And what's the picture of the sloppy wires? Do you really think that's what I was going off of to redo everything? Or MAYBE I was just showing the audience the before and after in general? Would close-up pics of cords fascinate them?

Just ask me to play bocce. You don't need to deliberately rile me up.
I'm showing your unwarranted confidence and useless pictures. Who can recreate the sound system with those?

Where's the picture of the back of the computer that you insisted you had on the show? Where's the picture of the headphone hub?

How about at least taking a picture of the entire soundboard?

But seriously, of course I'm up for boccie!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I JUST TOLD YOU!!!

See you on the courts.
MichaelApproved likes this.