Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Which of the following would you rather be caught doing?
Sucking North Korea's big fat Asian penis 8 23.53%
Singing in the Air Force on live television during the Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Special 26 76.47%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree50Likes

Old 07-05-2016, 06:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

2420: Talent Show

with Danny Hatch - Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Special; Chemda’s party and Keith’s awe-inspiring dog; Hillary Clinton’s email exoneration; Jason Pierre-Paul’s fireworks PSA; Joey Chestnut reclaims his Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest title; KATG polls including, Is being a televised beauty pageant a talent?; the homeless man that puts his poop down your pants; The Purge: Election Year

Guest:
Danny Hatch

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

i would like a Miss(ter) KATG Pageant. show up unkempt? DEDUCTION! don't hit your marks? DEDUCTION!! flub your question? DEDUCTION!!! they don't like your face? DEDUCTION!!!!!! so help me god if you fall down...

judges:
Emmy
Aldo
Libby
Mara
Old 07-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #3 (permalink)

I would be up for a politcal podcast hosted by Michael. I'm not sure who a good co-host would be though...Myq Kaplan? Molly Knefel? Maybe it should just be Michael interrupting Danny while Danny tries to run a comedy show at the same time.

Isn't the big difference between when Obama was first campaigning and Hillary now that people were really into Obama's hope and change platform? I feel like Hillary represents politcal business as usual to most people, she isn't hope and change like Bernie is, she's the career politician with buddies on Wall Street and most american's distrust the banking sector.
From an economics perspective I've read people favor her above Bernie and Trump because she's a centrist. It would be good to have the first female president but to paint allll the backlash she's getting as just anti-woman sentiment is ridiculous.

Also, Chemda is right about Trump. Most people thought Brexit wouldn't go through, don't let Trump get the job just because it seems too ridiculous to take seriously.
MichaelApproved and pmbailey like this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 07-05-2016 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If I was a billionaire revised list...

1. Campaign via commercials and print in EVERY town (it gets cheap in small towns when you buy in bulk) WRITE IN JOEY CHESTNUT
Old 07-06-2016, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'd pay someone in each town $25 an hour for 8 hours (break and piss and eat when you want, there's a backup), and they go up to everyone they pass a week before: "You hear about voting for JOEY CHESTNUT?"

Then they spread the word, etc, etc, etc.
Old 07-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I would vote for Wolverine for Best Abs
Keith and Apia like this.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:13 AM   #7 (permalink)

Woah damn, I voted for sucking big fat asian penis before even realising it was North Korean big fat penis! Keith Malley and these polls I swear!
Keith likes this.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Science involves reading bro.
Jo_Culprit likes this.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yes to Michael having a political podcast! Until that happens, I'll take the opportunity to ugly up this thread with some politics.

On the FBI announcement, it absolutely is a big deal. Here's a great article on it that puts it more eloquently than I can:
https://theintercept.com/2016/07/05/...llary-clinton/

Whether she deserves to be indicted or not, looking at this as an isolated incident, is not the main issue. The real issue is the inconsistency with security cases and prosecution. Anyone else in her position, based on previous security cases that were much more trivial than this, would have been charged without question. Another thing that Michael didn't mention is the fact that after Comey's announcement, we now know that she lied about not sending and receiving classified information. The FBI found 8 email chains that they marked "Top Secret", i.e. the highest classification of confidentiality, and 102 others that were also marked as confidential.

On Obama, I was only 12 when he was first elected, but my Mom recently told me that she remembers him back when he was giving a speech during Kerry's 2004 campaign, and she just thought "Why the hell isn't this guy running? He's intelligent, well-spoken and he actually has some charisma." So I think that combined with the fact that he's black is what won him the primary/general. Any other candidate wouldn't have had a chance against the political machine that is the Clintons, and even still he lost the popular vote, but won with delegates. So I don't know that would have won if he wasn't black, but he's also the most likable president we've had in years.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #10 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think Chemda was trying to prove a different point talking about Hillary being asked about china in the White House. Chemda was pointing out that there is sexism against Hillary. I don't think anyone disagrees with that. What Michael and Keith were saying was that, whether or not she was targeted for these things because shes a woman, she still did these things. Just because other people have been doing similar things doesn't mean that she wasn't also doing it. The way I see it when you're voting for someone you want them to be better than the others, not the same as the rest of the corrupt officials. Like Chemda said, look at Obama. There were far more attacks on him than previous presidential candidates, primarily due to racism. However, unlike Hillary where the attacks against her have turned up real problems, the attacks against Obama didn't pull up anything that bad. The way I remember it he was under a similar amount of attacks and negativity from the media.

Also I would love a Michael show. Though rather than always having a completely opposing view I'd love to see it with different guest that Micheal wants to talk to. Some could be completely opposing views, but sometimes It would be nice to hear Michael and his guest on atleast a similar page and just talk about recent political events.