Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-21-2006, 02:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

anybody notice how Larry "sexChange" Wachowski tainted the movie? Im beginning to wonder if maybe his brother should cut him loose on the next project....

Still, im happy theres a pair of directors out there capable of lighting a movie at night. Keith may get irritated by 'present day', but seeing all those movies that have night scenes and it just looks like someone is shining a spotlight behind some trees, and shining a prison search light at the people in frame, nothing breaks my suspension of disbelief faster.

and in Big Love, why cant we see the women naked, why is it always an ass shot of paxton? I bet the writers wanted Kevin Bacon for the part.../shrug. The child molestor 'Godfather' better start capping some people real fast or im not getting through another episode....
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 03:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

Omg, I'm listening to the show now and just heard the fart. At work (I'm a waiter) if regular customers that we don't like come in - some of us waiters walk past their tables and let the most horrific smelling farts ever!!! It's hysterical. The look on their faces is (as Mastercard would say) - PRICELESS. And, I'm glad I saw V FOR VENDETTA this weekend. You didn't spoil it for me Keith. Can't wait to see you in April!!!!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:15 AM   #13 (permalink)

A massive thank you to Keith. I was sitting on a packed bus when i listened to the clip from the conference call, i couldn't help but burst out laughing like a crazy person... that shit was so fucking funny.

Sorry to hear about the retraction of your admin rights Paul.

Old 03-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

I havne't gotten to his discussion of V for Vindetta, but, what is there to ruin? The last bazillion movies I saw, stuff blew up, and the good guys mostly won.

note: Last movie I watched was actually Terminator 3, where the earth is destroyed in the end, but hey, they played the right music, and I felt good about it.

Edited to add: Oh, so the goodguys won. Aah, I'm so surprised.

Last edited by Nick Postagulous; 03-21-2006 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
anybody notice how Larry "sexChange" Wachowski tainted the movie? Im beginning to wonder if maybe his brother should cut him loose on the next project....

The fact he got a sex change is why he tainted the movie?

I'm with Chemda on young kids being taken into totally inappropriate movies. Years ago I went to see Blade II and ended up sitting in front of a mother with two small kids...neither one of them over the age of six. I knew they had to be pretty damned young because they couldn't even read the subtitles. So not only were these young kids watching vampire heads explode, every single time a fucking subtitle went across the screen one of them demanded to know what was being said and his mother actually READ THE SUBTITLES OUT LOUD to him!! I didn't have the balls to bitch her out, but I had to move seats. I didn't need to hear "storytime" going on behind me.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #16 (permalink)

Holy shit that story was fucking hilarious! Next time I have to get rid of a dead animal, I'll just take the subway. I just would love to see the guy's face when he opens the suitcase.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCanadian...shit
So now I'm gonna have to go see V for Vendetta before I listen past the first few seconds of this show? I can't figure out if Keith's enough of a dick that he'd spoil a good movie...
He is, and he does. "I'm going to spoil it so fast forward 10 seconds and in the end of the movie they...". I won't ruin it for you like Keet does. But I was scrambling to turn off my ipod before he said it. If you could stop it from playing within 2 seconds of the notification you were fine. I should have yanked out my earplugs.

Now I'm going to be cursing keith out as I watch this movie knowing the ending. Dammit. You can't spoil a movie only days after the movie opens. Ruining Birth (Nicole Kidman) was fine since that's been out for a while. New rule - no spoilers for movies until 2 weeks after opening.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropshadows
He is, and he does. "I'm going to spoil it so fast forward 10 seconds and in the end of the movie they...". I won't ruin it for you like Keet does. But I was scrambling to turn off my ipod before he said it. If you could stop it from playing within 2 seconds of the notification you were fine. I should have yanked out my earplugs.

Now I'm going to be cursing keith out as I watch this movie knowing the ending. Dammit. You can't spoil a movie only days after the movie opens. Ruining Birth (Nicole Kidman) was fine since that's been out for a while. New rule - no spoilers for movies until 2 weeks after opening.
Exactly. But really I can't complain too much, I do know how to read and technically he did warn us. After listening to 200+ episodes I really should know by now that Keith's a big asshole (stretched out from all those years as a waiter) but that's why we listen.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCanadian...shit
Exactly. But really I can't complain too much, I do know how to read and technically he did warn us.

I'm a spoiler whore for movies and television because I *have* to know what's going to happen. So it didn't bother me, but I should point out that these days if you want to remain spoiler free don't bother reading newspaper/magazine reviews of movies, because I'd already read about Keith's spoiler in Premiere magazine. I don't think they gave a spoiler warning, either, but I may have skimmed past that. For that matter don't watch trailers, either. They reveal everything already.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #20 (permalink)

V for Vendetta

I don't think you're giving anything away... the previews show Parlement blowing up, and like you said it's not actually that important to the theme of the movie.

Also the shitty sound is the theatre, I've sat through a few movies where we had to go out and complain then the movie would stop, and then start again and everything was better and we could hear the dialogue over the music. Like McNally says, projectors will be all digital soon to avoid these kinds of errors.

I enjoyed V, probably because I could hear what was being said =)