Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatwad
And a little before 14:45 (someone said timestamp), Ragan (i think) is like keith and chemda, and then adam curry's all like... who's that? But in the tonality of his voice and what he says right after, it's like he's agitated.
He must not check his own site.

http://podshow.com/podcast_details.php?pod_id=1917

Also look on the top left. KATG is listed before D&D in every directory page.

I seriously do not understand how someone can be such a douche.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:35 PM   #82 (permalink)

Final Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thataboy

Head like a hole, I'd rather die than give you control... clever
I didn't get to finish the show before I got home but I couldn't stop thinking of that old Rage Against the Machine Song...

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!
Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!

KATG is far too good to be 'owned' by adam curry and his corporate tools.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:39 PM   #83 (permalink)

Unsubscribed and deleted AC and DND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggy
I challenge everyone who is subscribed to an Adam Curry endored podcast to unsubscribe. I was, admittingly, subscribed to Dawn and Drew, although I hadn't listened to it in months. This morning, I promptly unsubscribed.
did that within the first month of listening to the show. got tired of ACs high and mighty BS and sick of DNDs shows about nothing.

KATG is just about the only thing I listen to now.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:40 AM   #84 (permalink)

Annie I got where you were coming from, and I had the same hesitation about explaining I was coming from the same place in my reply. And then today's episode I hear Keith having to explain himself with the Bitt[u|o]rrent Thou Shalt Not But Here Is How To.

Since The Dawn Of Time typing stuff has always lacked the ability to show people you are being ironic. You just have to ask yourself if you are dealing with an idiot, if not then assume the best!

BTW FWIW A looming disaster is going to be the music at the end of the shows. Curry got fucked over with his music despite having ASCAP/BMI licenses. When it become more known that KATG is a commercial concern strange creepazoids will come out of the woodwork over that music. Maybe it would be a good idea to get ahead of it and get Chemda to create a "hey all you assholes, you listened to us, if you're they Copyright Police then I have no idea who made those other episodes!" jingle to end the shows with.
Old 03-25-2006, 02:20 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baffled
You just have to ask yourself if you are dealing with an idiot, if not then assume the best!
Haha - on this forum?
Old 03-29-2006, 01:14 PM   #86 (permalink)

Jesus Christ, I'm catching up on KATG, and I hear Keith railing against bit torrent and piracy. You've gotta be kidding me, how do you think podcasting EXISTS?

By the way, if you start charging for your show... people will steal it, If you tried to charge for your show from day one, nobody would know who the hell you are.

Piracy isn't theft, OR wrong... It's just that the movie studios can't get with the fucking program and change to a business model that works in the 21st century. (By the way, that business model, is one that podcasters like us are having to develop becuase our very survival depends on it)

Also, for us, piracy is a good thing. It could be for movies and music too, but they refuse to take a fucking clue and realize that you can't fight a force of nature... It's like standing in a tornado and telling it to stop.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:16 PM   #87 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson
Jesus Christ, I'm catching up on KATG, and I hear Keith railing against bit torrent and piracy. You've gotta be kidding me, how do you think podcasting EXISTS?

By the way, if you start charging for your show... people will steal it, If you tried to charge for your show from day one, nobody would know who the hell you are.

Piracy isn't theft, OR wrong... It's just that the movie studios can't get with the fucking program and change to a business model that works in the 21st century. (By the way, that business model, is one that podcasters like us are having to develop becuase our very survival depends on it)

Also, for us, piracy is a good thing. It could be for movies and music too, but they refuse to take a fucking clue and realize that you can't fight a force of nature... It's like standing in a tornado and telling it to stop.
Just so you can't take it back.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:18 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
Just so you can't take it back.
Don't worry. Once they hit submit, game over .. even if they try to delete it.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:15 AM   #89 (permalink)

Why on EARTH would I try to take that back?

PIRACY IS GOOD. It helps people like us.

My podcast will be opening a store soon Keith... If you want to pirate stuff we put in it... go for it. It will just help make us bigger.

You can remember I said THAT.

Not that I would do this (1. Seeing as how I know your veiws on piracy now, and 2. Becuase I don't have time) but, you think that if I made like 500 copies of your comedy DVD's and started passing them out to all my friends and telling them how awesome they are, that wouldn't HELP you?

That's ridiculous. It would help (in some small way) make you famous, and successful (especially if a percentage of my friends did the same as I did), and if you EVOLVED and learned how to deal with that, and create a WORKING business model - you'd be rich, and I'd have helped you, because PIRACY IS GOOD.

http://www.mindjack.com/feature/piracy051305.html

PODCASTERS thrive on what is basically piracy. We HAVE to offer our content for free, and sell other things. Eventually movie and television studios will have to follow the business model that podcasters have already been forced into.

This is why even the South Park guys encourage Piracy and don't care if their shows end up on the net, and they are already huge... So they have more to lose than a small guy who could at least gain fame through Piracy.
http://www.tv.com/south-park/christi...2/summary.html

Go ahead an take the "moral highground" on this, but piracy is not a bad thing, and you are in a minority by FAR.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...21/ai_n6159164
http://www.csmonitor.com/2004/0319/p01s04-stin.html
http://www.boycott-riaa.com/article/5804

As an example... Someone shared Stephen Lynch with me a while back...
I now own every comedy CD he has made, and have had two signed, as well as seen him live twice.

I don't enjoy being at odds with you on this... So I'm hoping some day you'll come around, and then remember this thread. I won't copy it though, not only will I let you take it back, but I'll understand you were just advocating what you felt was right based on a gut instinct.