Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Jennifer Aniston a hypocrite?
Yes 18 51.43%
No 17 48.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 07-18-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2430: Jennifer's Body

with Kenny DeForest – Writing for prank shows; Kim Kardashian releases a phone call between Taylor Swift and Kanye West that damages Taylor’s reputation; Chris Kyle, the American Sniper, exaggerated his accommodations on top of all his other lies; Kenny gets a tattoo on mushrooms; Mike Huckabee owes the band Survivor $25,000; Jennifer Aniston on body image; 2016 Emmy nominations; KATG polls; $60,000 in popsicles stolen

Guest:
Kenny DeForest

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 07-19-2016 at 11:18 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

I read the op-ed, and while I agree with basically everything she says, it is a little hypocritical, specifically the stuff about objectification and pushing standards of beauty.

Playing Jason Bourne is one thing - you're playing a character in a movie. Ed Norton & Christoph Waltz aren't really pro-Nazi. Movies have villains all the time, that point was dumb. In those water ads, Jennifer Aniston is playing Jennifer Aniston selling water with sex. Despite what Chemda said, I really don't think she "needs" to do those ads. She has enough money at this point to not have to look sexy selling water and be able to live comfortably.

Being a struggling black actor who only gets stereotypical roles is a completely different issue. Those actors actually need those jobs to pursue their acting career and pay the rent etc. This woman has millions of dollars. She doesn't need the ad money.

If she wants to be naked in a water ad, or if it somehow keeps her culturally relevant and that's what she wants, that's fine. More power to her. But don't then pretend like you actually care about the objectification of women.
porky2468 and Apia like this.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I understand that it's annoying to be watched all the time.
To have to stay hot.

But does she really have to? I think at this point, she doesn't.
Lisa Kudrow has a interesting career and she seems to have none of these problems.
She said in an interview she doesn't have to do anything for the money, she is set.

Maybe it's possible for a woman to have great success as an actor without trying to be the hottest all the time.
You don't have to play this game, especially being a multi millionaire.

Neither of them HAVE to work. But if they gain weight, they will not hear the end of it. Also, what if they WANT to work. If Jen wants to keep her career as an A list actor, she feels (based on responses that she has experienced) that she needs to stay in killer shape. Are you saying that she should feel satisfied with how much she has? That's not up to you.

She mentioned thy as soon as she shows any weight, she gets shit for it. So, what are we arguing?
g001dfinger likes this.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

This chick...
Old 07-20-2016, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

I really don't understand the dog reference but I get what you're saying in general.

Now, imagine you want to get a job and they are clear that they are mostly hiring hot girls. So, you make sure you look your hottest.

Then when you get the job, they ask you to continue looking hot and try to get hotter.

Then, you still want to keep your job but you're hoping that you can reason with people about it.

Turns out you can't. Be hot and shut up because you have all the money.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
  1. He calls a woman a derogatory term
  2. He undercuts a woman's talents and then claims a man (Kayne) made her successful
  3. He reduces her to a sexual object
it's a diss. feuds are common as fruit flies; easy way to stay relevant, generate some cash and interest. it really loses its punch when you break it down like that.

have we all forgotten Mariah vs Eminem so quickly? did the events of 9/11 make you forget that spice? how dare. those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it, y'all.

the correct response is everybody goes 'ooooh shit!' and then you give a diss back. right? somebody check my research.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jennifer Dinklage

Just to throw some fuel on, Peter Dinklage talk's about being a young actor and broke as shit but turning down Leprechaun auditions.
Keith likes this.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

In a world where you don't get rewarded for unrealistic body image and standards of beauty, Jennifer Aniston would be a hobo and some regular looking woman with talent would have all her jobs and all her money.

If she gives all her money to Melissa McCarthy she will address the imbalance in the universe and she wouldn't have to drag us into it.

And Jennifer Anston has Hollywood power and money - not only did she benefit from the system, she is the system.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Well this genius of music should have come up with a better diss.
Kanye's gonna do Kanye and if you do not understand Kanye that is not Kanye's concern.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kanye loves Kanye mural in Sydney
Sparrow and porky2468 like this.