Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should Keith take his cholesterol pill?
Yes 22 75.86%
No 7 24.14%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree12Likes

Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)

2436: Smile

Take em all at once to get rid em.

Then get down the gym and eat better you unhealthy fuck (I don't get how this is any better than fat shaming - but apparently it is OK)

If you do hit the gym don't try to take on the stoned boxers; not with your testosterone level.
kaligula likes this.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 07-28-2016 at 08:15 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

I went to the doctors a few weeks ago for regular check up and had blood test. (diabetes, liver function, cholesterol, prostate, the usual)

I left it a few days and the doctors surgery called me and said "the doctor would like you to come in"

This only happened once before - that time I had a brain tumour (non cancerous).

So I go in and the doctor looks at my results and says they are perfect (not OK - perfect).

Then he looks at me and says - "Did the office ask you tome come in? I don't know why they'd do that"

Motherfuckers.
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at M.I.T.; good genes, very good genes, O.K., very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, O.K. …”
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
Old 07-29-2016, 01:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweaty Balls View Post
Take em all at once to get rid em.

Then get down the gym and eat better you unhealthy fuck (I don't get how this is any better than fat shaming - but apparently it is OK)

If you do hit the gym don't try to take on the stoned boxers; not with your testosterone level.

There was a definite beat that I could have taken when Keith told us his results. I was insensitive and jumped on Keith pretty quickly. It came from worry and care. Still... Not cool.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:30 AM   #14 (permalink)

Don't you dare start being sensitive toward Keith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-29-2016, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweaty Balls View Post
There's a difference. I'm sure Keith is fine and healthy for a guy his age and height and whatever else. But these kinds of things pop up when you're older and you need to be a little more careful with your body. That's all. It doesn't mean he hasn't already been hitting the gym and eating relatively healthy. It just means he needs to do it to a new level, if he wants to try and lower his cholesterol without pills. Which is obviously his decision. None of it comes from a bad place.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

To be clear, my reaction stemmed from my fear of doctors handing out meds quickly. I worried that the doctor doesn't have enough info or didn't give Keith enough info. It was more about my preconceived notions of doctors/meds. Again, not a great response. Just clarifying.
thirteen likes this.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:17 AM   #17 (permalink)

So now you've forced me to get all serious. If a doctor recommended for me to take cholesterol meds I would do it - unless I observed side effects even knowing the following.

The most profitable class of drugs on the planet is statins, the most common prescription to reduce cholesterol

Statins are likely useless 98% of the time they are prescribed to patients who do not already have cardiovascular disease. They are like a magic bullet in lowering cholesterol but there is little evidence showing overall increased health outcomes (science does not know why that is)

I got this info from a TV show so I don't have a good single site to link to but google found this

The Stats on Statins: Should Healthy Adults Over 50 Take Them? - Scientific American

So while I am the first to argue with pseudo scientific theories that doctors don't know what they are doing and everything can be cured with diet/exercise/herbal remedies/dope etc, Keith's is the medication of which I am most suspicious.

However even if it only saves on life in 500 thats one more than homeopathy or goji berries or echinacea or acupuncture or smoothies or reiki or cryotherapy or mumbo or jumbo.

Last edited by My Sweaty Balls; 07-29-2016 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:20 AM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The article title is Should healthy adults take medicine?
Old 07-29-2016, 05:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

It also says over 50 so not a perfect fit.

But in the text its clear that healthy means without cardiovascular disease.

So in this case YOU would be considered healthy (so I guess I have to stop the health shaming)
Old 07-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Or just tell us what the article says.