Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What is this idiot laughing at?
A comedy show 31 65.96%
I don’t fuckin' know 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree16Likes

Old 08-05-2016, 02:37 AM   #21 (permalink)
bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
Perhaps I like being told to fuck off.

I wish it didn't bother me, the whole cackling thing, and I'm sure that Libby will be entertaining as hell with her own show (because fuck, I'm never making *that* mistake again), but the cackle - just that cackle - bothers me.

Okay? We done?

*I'll go now and sit over in the corner and stuff socks in my arsehole*
I only just caught up on the show then.

Dean, I'm from Australia too. Perhaps that's it?

I wish it didn't annoy me so much but it's nails on a chalkboard being in the background. In fact, it's the background that's most of it for me, I reckon if you miked Danny and her up it would be less of a problem.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
bcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd View Post
For me, the main distraction of the laughter--in this case, Libby's--is that she's not miked. Laughter on the show isn't distracting for me when it comes from guests or anyone sitting at the tables in front of a microphone. And I really enjoy Libby as a guest on this show and That's The Show Which Shall Not Be Named.

It's something about taking me out of the moment, getting me away from the feeling of actually being at the table listening to the conversation going on. When someone makes noise from outside the conversation, it's distracting. Libby's not the first; Danny sometimes gets caught off guard and we can hear him laugh. Other visitors--men and women--laugh from time to time as well. I think it's just that Libby laughs so easily and so often that made her a target this time around.

What bothers me a bit is how quickly Keith dismisses anyone who brings this up as being a humorless jerk. Keith--who we've heard in the past expressing annoyance at air conditioners, fans, airplanes, traffic, construction, gum chewing, dry mouths; most of these I never even hear. But he's obviously very particular about his sound quality, yet when listeners speak up about what we find distracting, we've gone too far.
Completely agree with Todd here. Read this after posting my own suggestion of miking them up and involving them.

We must just be a type. From polls however, it's suggesting that we are somewhere around one fifth to one quarter of the audience.

Will just have to see how we go. Will be a shame though if I can no longer bear to listen given how much I have enjoyed, supported and participated over the last decade plus.

PS. How long have the entire forums been moderated? Need to start bitching about that too!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote