Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who won the roast battle?
Danny 13 30.23%
Mehran 30 69.77%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree32Likes

Old 08-01-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2440: SHARP as a Tack

with Danny Hatch and Mehran Khaghani - Chemda finds a skinhead on the subway, which leads to a big morality discussion; taboo sex; Mariah Carey has restaurant play her songs when she visits; the Redneck Olympics and the Steroid Olympics; Navy uses Pokémon Go to seduce recruits; woman robs bank to go back to jail

Guests:
Danny Hatch

Mehran Khaghani

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 08-02-2016 at 09:17 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:00 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'd say that skinhead looks more like an old school punk fan. Those guys can look very confrontational and scary but the ones I've known personally have often been very sweet dudes with progressive political views. The NWA tshirt is especially a giveaway since they were an archetypical black power band, there's no way a real racist is wearing that.

Thinking this guy is automatically a racist is not that different from assuming every hood looking black guy is out to rob someone. it's a misreading of cultural cues, and it's a good lesson in not leaping to conclusions. If Chemda could read the cues and was more familiar with his culture (old fashioned punk rock, likely anarchist or libertarian politics, strong belief in racial equality) then she wouldn't have misidentified what he was about.

Anyway that's just my reading of the guy from the picture, he could have a swastika chest piece for all I know still!
Old 08-02-2016, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Also I remember John Harvey is a confrontational asshole.

No offense. Just noting that I remember.

Edit: I don't mean in the way when being an asshole used to mean a good thing.

Last edited by Keith; 08-02-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)

I had to soften my initial judgement on the tattoo guy when I dug a little into his particular tattoo. There's a hashtag #crucifiedskin that has a fair few of these crucified skinhead tattoos posted. The icon also depicts a vernier calliper type tool behind the flag and part of the cross.

From what I can tell reading online this type of tattoo is used to symbolise the how skinheads have apparently been 'crucified by the acts of others' and harkens back to their traditional skinhead fight for the working class I guess.

Maybe Chemda can find him on a train again another day and ask him. Or now that all the katg audience knows what his face looks like someone will probably see his face around, honestly, doesn't he look like a podcast listener?

Also, Mehran is totally right, Danny is totally a round-toothed eater of sharp lasagna whatever the fuck that means. This episode was so fucken funny!

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 08-02-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

MOAR MEHRAN AND DANNY PWEEZ
Old 08-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Also I remember John Harvey is a confrontational asshole.

No offense. Just noting that I remember.

Edit: I don't mean in the way when being an asshole used to mean a good thing.
What's your problem man? I'm not starting anything, just offering an opinion, joining in. Why do you have to shit on a fan so readily?
Old 08-02-2016, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Cause I'm a piece of shit, John. I hate fans.
panicBoy likes this.
Old 08-02-2016, 12:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
They call me B. Jason

Oh, and #teamLibbyLaff
Old 08-02-2016, 01:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The chef Danny Lasagna rant was amazing ("STOP TALKING FOREVER!") but allow me to transcribe the funniest shit I've heard in a long time. #dannyandmehranforlife

Mehran - It’s really about violence, the threat of violence is a huge aphrodisiac in my community (...) we’ve talked about this a million times, like I won’t have sex with someone who can’t potentially beat the shit out of me. It’s like why Danny doesn’t even exist, do you know what I mean? I would kick his ass up and down the street for fun. But Keith on the other hand I have a semi every time I look at him, I’m like “he would smack the taste out of my mouth!”

Danny – I bet if I like shot you with like a dart or something I could knock you out and tie you up good...

Mehran – I don’t believe that for a second! First of all, I think that you would have shitty aim, I don’t think that you would have access to like decent poisons or anything, I don’t think you have any nature skills. You are a potato person who meanders about Brooklyn with nothing to say and neck hair. I don’t even understand how someone like you has lived this long.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
What's your problem man? I'm not starting anything, just offering an opinion, joining in. Why do you have to shit on a fan so readily?
The first rule of KATG Club is: you do not talk about Keith ever potentially being wrong
The second rule of KATG Club is: you DO NOT talk about Keith ever potentially being wrong

Tagline: 'Of course I'm right'
WittyReference likes this.