Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 03-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #21 (permalink)

What a ridiculous scam of a contract, i thought Keith was possibly joking everytime he refered to Podshow as "you basically sign over all the rights to your show". Sounds like a bit of a deal with the devil if you ask me.

I cannot believe that people have actually thought that was a good contract and a fair deal and went ahead to sign it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:51 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x
What a ridiculous scam of a contract, i thought Keith was possibly joking everytime he refered to Podshow as "you basically sign over all the rights to your show". Sounds like a bit of a deal with the devil if you ask me.

I cannot believe that people have actually thought that was a good contract and a fair deal and went ahead to sign it.
I mean, at the very least you'd think that Podshow would pay you some sort of premium for the old shows that you are supplying them. I'd have to assume that they probably put ads into the old shows, so for them it's a extremely skewed win/win situation.

Though you can't deny, Adam Curry has some beautiful hair.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

Oh yeah, and during The Secret Spooky Show I was talking to someone about Adam Curry and his wang. Even though this photo has some branding on it, I think you get the idea...

http://comicstripblog.com/wp-content/adamcurrypenis.jpg

Last edited by ooda; 03-28-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:14 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianward81
You Don't Know Jack was a great game - I loved hearing the adverts at the end of each match ( "Got a problem with your midget? Have we got a product for you!".).
Speaking of midgets:

This sunday, at church, the guy who was sitting behind me in class referred to his son, in not a quiet voice, as the militant midget. The room got a little quiet, as we do have three midgets who are in our class. The girls, approx 25ish, are twins. And Andrew, I don't know his last name, is married to one of them. He's half the time in NYC to do theater stuff, as midgets who can act must be in short supply. The gals didn't react, I'm sure they're used to crap like that. And Andrew wasn't in the room yet, but I'm sure he would have rolled his eyes or something.

Edited to add: OOda, you're gonna get me fired.

Last edited by Nick Postagulous; 03-28-2006 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:33 AM   #25 (permalink)

Man, I'm only about half-way through this episode and my skin is crawling. Here's something I picked up on that I'm not sure anyone has noticed yet.
23:07 Payments will be made based on Podshow reporting.
In essence they will rely upon their own reports to determine how much to pay the producer. That there's called a conflict of interest. If these guys had a clue they'd have a third-party maintain the stats and then get an independent auditor to review them on routine basis.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
Edited to add: OOda, you're gonna get me fired.
I'll put the wang in a link.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

so i guess that that means that the live show and paltalk would have to go, no?
Old 03-28-2006, 08:38 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenass
[I][INDENT]Minion Army webpage?

I am so over them. I'm not saying they weren't interesting/enjoyable in the beginning but they jumped the shark after they signed the contract. Dawn's incessant whining that they need to go at the 18 minute mark is ridiculous as is them recording two shows during the same day/recording session.

Thanks for not selling out, Keith and Chemda!
Yuh, but podshow has to own minion army....

Also don't you think different people are getting different contracts? Seriously, Keet they can't all be the same....

The fact that D and D record 3 shows a day and sit on there asses for 3 more days annoys the shit outta me.... AND THEY TALK ABOUT IT!!!!! hee hee we just recorded fridays show and now we're doing mondays and Tuesdays show SHUT THE FUCK UP Stop taking up todays show bragging about how utterly lazy you are
Old 03-28-2006, 08:53 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
Also don't you think different people are getting different contracts? Seriously, Keet they can't all be the same....
How can everyone be getting different contracts? If so, that just makes the whole Podshow company even more shady. One set of rules for one podcast and a completely different set for another... that would just be absurd.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:57 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x
How can everyone be getting different contracts? If so, that just makes the whole Podshow company even more shady. One set of rules for one podcast and a completely different set for another... that would just be absurd.
It depends on the quality and quantity of the shows. They have slighty different contracts.