Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is there a chance that washing your privates after sex lowers your chances of STDs?
Yes 26 49.06%
No 27 50.94%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeningOA View Post
This got weird. I felt like Keith and Mike were doing a thing to women that men have been doing way too much for way too long. I wanted to throw up more hearing that then any of the Anthony Weiner stuff.

-scott
But it IS a comedy show so maybe it was a bit. Botd
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:31 PM   #22 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Mike was, (once again) a good guest, but he did a terrible job of telling Keith he should talk to Chemda.

I love that fans are promoting VIP. Steph and Lanfear A++ times buh-billion
GreeningOA likes this.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #23 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

You could call the show Open Mike Surgery
The Girl likes this.
Old 09-25-2016, 11:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

I broke some beakers with google.

Does Washing Up After Sex Prevent STDs?

By Roger Pebody
From TheBody.com

August 16, 2016

"No, washing yourself after sex doesn't lower the risk of acquiring a sexually transmitted disease. The time to protect yourself is while you are having sex, for example by using a condom.

In fact there is some evidence that washing after sex can actually increase the risk of acquiring HIV. Several studies have found that heterosexual men and women who report regularly washing after sex are more likely to acquire HIV than individuals who do not.

Scientists are not sure why this is, but it could be that washing removes enzymes in vaginal secretions that help neutralise HIV, that it causes abrasions or that soap is an irritant.

Similarly, washing the vagina or rectum before sex, especially if soap or anything other than plain water is used, is thought to increase vulnerability to infection."
Scat, thirteen and amnesiac like this.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 09-26-2016, 09:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

if you have a vagina, pissing after sex reduces the chances of a UTI. so does washing up (genital and anal areas) pre and post coitus. as does staying hydrated. but a UTI is not an STD.

A study in the October 2000 issue of the American Journal of Preventive Medicine investigated the misconception that washing your bits post-meatmash could reduce STD risk:

"In the study, 3,500 people who had been diagnosed with an STD were followed for a year. The patients, average age 25, were initially asked some questions about what they thought were proper behaviors to avoid STDs. The answers were surprising.

Nearly half of the group believed douching protected against STDs.
Almost 40% thought urinating after sex fought off STDs.
One in five believed birth control pills protected against STDs.
Sixteen percent thought washing their genitals after sex was effective protection.

None of these behaviors are effective methods for preventing STDs, and in fact, there's evidence that irritation caused by douching may actually increase STD infection risk. Abstaining from sex and the proper use of condoms are the best ways to reduce STD risk.

After the initial interview, the patients were then reinterviewed and counseled over the course of the following year. Some held on to their misconceptions about prevention, mostly those over the age of 24 with a high school education or less. But the counseling was effective for many others in the group."

Can Washing Prevent STDs?
The Girl, amnesiac and dannyhatch like this.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I just Googled "can washing your dick off help prevent std"

First link: Preventing STDs

Written by the Healthline Editorial Team & Jaime Herndon
Medically Reviewed by Kenneth R. Hirsch, MD on September 8, 2014

I seached "soap"

"You should also wash with soap and water after sex. This can help remove any infectious material that is on your skin."

No offense to those other jamokes, but around here we go by MDs. You know, Rosa... DOCTORS.
Old 09-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #27 (permalink)

I googled "can washing your genitals prevent stds" and posted the first link above. so who the fuck knows.
dannyhatch and WittyReference like this.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just read a study on the importance of the roles of masculine and feminine in relationships and I really struggled with the concept of it but this episode was so clearly indicative of what I had been reading that I can't brush it off. Listening to the different approaches Keith and Chemda have come at this tumor situation is exactly what the study was talking about.

I am apologizing before I even say it, even to myself, because I don't like it but Keith's response is considered "masculine" with the let's wait and see and we will talk about it when we have all the information (practical) and Chemda's response is considered "feminine" because she wants to deal with it now and have all her ducks in a row (emotional).

Maybe there is something to it?

Amanda in Atlanta
Old 09-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #29 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I hear what you're saying but I don't think masculine and feminine necessarily are attached to gender. This is where I got caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Maybe there is? Who.knows.
I'm a woman and see myself reacting more like Keith.
I'm working more practical and solution oriented then my husband.
And obviously I can only speak for myself and not everyone. I'm so special. Pretty lady tough like man. What can you do.
Old 09-27-2016, 05:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
Chemda's response is considered "feminine" because she wants to deal with it now and have all her ducks in a row (emotional).
Amanda in Atlanta
uhmm... this sounds super PRACTICAL. planning is practical. preparedness is practical. do you know what is not practical? being unprepared.

Let's imagine chemda went to the doc to schedule the surgery, i.e. to "get more info." The doc says, we need to operate in two days (this is not uncommon; a close friend had an ovarian tumor that had to be operated on one day after it was discovered). She comes to Keith and says:
'heyyyy, so we have two days to figure out what we are doing for the next month or two (scheduling, admin/financials, contacting people, coming up with contingency plans, etc.), since I will be in the hospital and then recovering (and I don't want this hanging over my head while I'm recovering, because stress negatively impacts healing, and i don't know how much energy I'll have anyhow... we really should just be prepared for my total and complete absence). Oh and I also have to mentally prepare to be sliced open, and get my personal things in order, pack, etc. I know we could have started discussing our options and made some tentative plans, lined a few things up, after my very first doctor's visit, when the doctor advised me to do exactly this ('notify your work, no matter what other info you receive in the coming weeks, you will be out for an extended period of time'), but Keith, I just wasn't emotionally ready to confront the reality of the situation. I know I said we should wait until we had all the info (even though we had the critical info, which was that there would be some hiatus, at least a month, plausibly much longer), but really I wasn't emotionally ready. i needed to indulge in a few more moments of normalcy, maybe even have some moments where I forget this is happening to me. maybe just hang on to the idea that it's not as serious as it seems. Making a plan means it's real. it makes it concrete. its scary. I didn't want this to be real. '

That would not have been a very practical response. it could have been a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLavender View Post
Keith's response is considered "masculine" with the let's wait and see and we will talk about it when we have all the information (practical)
Amanda in Atlanta
...NOT super practical. and in fact, this response may be emotional in nature. Avoidance, accompanied by rationalization ('we should wait till we have all the info' ...even though we have enough info to get started), is a common emotional response to an issue that causes anxiety. I don't want to shrink keith, because I would not presume to know what was going on in his head (honestly, I'm sure it was a lot and I really don't want to minimize that). but in terms of Amanda's "masculine"/"feminine" assessment of the actions, at face value, I just don't follow the logic. and it underscores how people still don't understand what chemda was asking for and why.

in a crisis, it is difficult to put one's emotions aside, confront the issue head on, and come up with a plan. but that is exactly what's needed. chemda was trying to be pragmatic. this is her businesses first (sure, it's also her friends and family, but it is first and foremost her livelihood and in a sense, her life's work). she sought to do the practical and professional thing: get her ducks in a row. what more info did they need to start planning? it sounds like chemda just did it without keith anyway, so clearly it was possible. she just wanted him to participate, to show her that level of professional respect/commitment.

it sounds like many people on here thought chemda was looking for emotional support. perhaps because we expect women to be more emotional. but she was looking for practical support. she was asking her business partner to confront the reality of the situation. and sure, there's an emotional component to chemda's response... having things planned out would reduce her anxiety and Keith's willingness to be an agent in that would make her feel more emotionally supported. but that really is secondary to the practical nature of her response.

TLDR; Chemda is mad practical. Keith, who knows. Maaaybe he's the emotional one. maybe. boys can be emotional. its allowed now.
The Girl, Los, Lanfear and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Rosa; 09-27-2016 at 05:05 PM.