Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Your Zodiac sign has changed. Do you care?
Yes 3 7.89%
No 35 92.11%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree7Likes

Old 10-26-2016, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2500: SHOW #2,500

Chanel Ali co-hosts: Chemda calls in; your new Zodiac sign; The Naked Show; Carnegie Deli closes; looking up your exes’ lovers; Montreal’s dog banning

Guests:
Chanel Ali

Chemda

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 10-27-2016 at 11:09 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

i'm sure as hell about pitts. even the most well cared for and loved pitt can snap in a moment of of feeling too protective. my Mentor got a pitt mix, was in denial over how much pitt was in her, and that sweet, properly brought up, smart in the face little dumpling set off over some nothing and attacked one of her own pack. didn't kill the other gal, but her eye was bloody for weeks and she had to have a drain port stitched into the top of her head. i don't bring my Biscuit by anymore after what happened to Reba.
Keith likes this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"I don't know yet about pit bulls..."

They didn't just come out last week! We know! You know, I know, and we all know!
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
I enjoyed chanel's impression of a pit bull.

On this theme, I am still not sure about pit bulls.
They are often owned by problematic people, who like the pit bull be a kind of weapon. They encourage dangerous behaviour.

Would they start to own let's say German Shepherds and threat them irresponsible the numbers of attacks would change.
Holy shit what a generalization.

"Pit Bulls are owned by problematic people"

Are you fucking serious?
Old 10-27-2016, 10:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
So you prefere " Pitt bulls are monsters and should be banned?"

that's the "ripping babies out of vaginas" version of concern here.
Apia likes this.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
The shelters here are full of Pitt bulls and other similar dogs. People buy them and then they get bored or frustrated. Why is that? Are they responsible dog owners? No. They are not.
I am a Pitt Bull owner, and half the time Keith never posts anything meaningful anyway. It's just sarcasm, so why debate with that and I read yours first and replied to that post. You are the one that made the generalization. (in reference to your other post)

Pit Bulls are more dangerous, but not due to their demeanour. They are more dangerous due to there physiology, specifically there jaws and the power they possess. I don't believe they are more likely to attack as portrayed in the media, of course that doesn't make it true, that I believe, but the jury is still out on that.

There are irresponsible dog owners out there of all breeds, you cannot generalize that people who own Pit Bulls are more likely to be irresponsible, based on sensationalized stories in the media.

I volunteer at my local shelters and there is no evidence that Pit Bulls are more prevalent.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:39 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Maybe it's only here.

In frankfurt they have an own category. Partly because you have special regulations. But that's not new.

Übersicht
They have similar in Canada and parts of the US. Sorry if I came across as severe, I get nervous when Germans make generalizations.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I said never again! And I'm not even an original German. I was born in Poland. But today polish people are more racist than Germans. So this does not help.
And there we go again.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm in Montreal and own a pitbull so I feel like I have to chime in. I have also been very involved in fighting this new law, so take of that what you will.

I have lots to say, so for now I will just talk about the numbers.

It looks the numbers don't lie, but they really aren't reliable. I'm not sure where the stats Keith brought up came from, but usually they are from sites with clear anti-pitbull agendas (like dogsbite.org among others). Even media articles often cite these bullshit sources.

He said that 6% of the dog population in the US are pitbulls and they are responsible for 80% (or so) of deadly attacks. There is no national dog registry, so that 6% is suspect right away. It may represent (for example) the dogs that are registered as one of the several breeds that are considered a pitbull (as pitbull is not a recognized breed by anyone). Most dogs are not registered.

The attack statistics that are cited by these sites are collected from media accounts. So they scour newspapers for accounts of pitbull bites, and they find many because the media reports any dog that kind of looks like one as a pitbull (people like sensational articles), or maybe the victim called it a pitbull, or the police or first responders did. The dogs' breeds are not identified by any expert. Those are not the same pitbulls as the 6% though!

Obviously it looks bad to say that 6% of the dogs cause 80% of the deaths, but it simply isn't true. Most experts will go so far as to say no one can visually identify the breed of these dogs. We just call them all pitbulls.

The only way to protect people is to enact laws that prevent violent behaviour in dogs regardless of breed.

Of the 6 deaths in the history of this province, one was a confirmed pitbull. The rest were mostly nordic type dogs like huskies. And yet one mauling this summer made the mayor ram through a pitbull ban despite fierce opposition.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

something positive

Off-topic from racism and pit bulls, (because honestly, this episode was about more than that), I have to say I'm completely in love with Chanel, in a non-stalkerie, from the west-coast, old-enough-to-be-her-dad, impressed, entertained, and enchanted way. If we take a vote to bring Chanel back often, or to do more co-hosting while Chemda recuperates, please put me down as an aye.
Keith likes this.