Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: AMERICAN CITIZENS WHO CHOSE NOT TO VOTE ONLY: Do you wish you had voted?
Yes 0 0%
No 3 8.82%
I voted 28 82.35%
I'm not eligible to vote 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree33Likes

Old 11-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #21 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
It's exhausting to be a woman...
It's exhausting to be a latina woman...
It's exhausting to scrape & cry & bleed for a bit of independence and joy..

It's scary it will now be even more exhausting & harder to feel joy & free...

I worry for my brown friends & my gay friends being safe in their own neighborhoods in cities that most would believe to be "liberal" & accepting (and I hate using the words liberal & conservative in this regard, but it's the lingo)
I think from looking at the map, the cities were not the problem. There were small blue blips in almost every state in largely populated areas. It's the large red areas in small towns that stops progress. That is definitely the problem in Missouri. Blue in KC, Blue in St. Louis, and red everywhere else.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #22 (permalink)

I saw a twitter thread that blamed white liberals who moved to liberal cities to get away from their racist/sexist family.

It pretty much said that white liberals move away to big cities and surround themselves with other liberals, circle-jerk over being "one of the good ones" and never put in the work to educate their people back home.

Then repeatedly ask minorities "what can I do to help"?
Old 11-13-2016, 06:23 PM   #23 (permalink)

I can't count how many times I've been annoyed when I see a white person complaining about how hard it is to talk to their bigoted family.

Who else do you expect to do it?

These racist family members are going to go right back to being hiring managers, bank loan agents, police officers, real estate agents, lawyers, doctors, teachers, etc.

But your feelings or whatever...
Old 11-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsmittyroad View Post
I think from looking at the map, the cities were not the problem. There were small blue blips in almost every state in largely populated areas. It's the large red areas in small towns that stops progress. That is definitely the problem in Missouri. Blue in KC, Blue in St. Louis, and red everywhere else.
I think that's why the electoral college isn't going anywhere. The sparsely populated states, Republican and Democrat, don't want to give up their influence. With just the popular vote, the big cities would run everything.

I'm hearing now that Trump supporters don't really believe he's going to do anything bad, they just want jobs brought back to to the US. He's the only one that made that promise.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsmittyroad View Post
The cities ARE the problem when hateful people that live here are now emboldened to take out their hate on other folks on the street.

There is a Nazi flag flying over a house in San Francisco right now & gay people being attacked in the streets... of San Francisco....
Old 11-14-2016, 02:46 PM   #26 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I think that's why the electoral college isn't going anywhere. The sparsely populated states, Republican and Democrat, don't want to give up their influence. With just the popular vote, the big cities would run everything.

I'm hearing now that Trump supporters don't really believe he's going to do anything bad, they just want jobs brought back to to the US. He's the only one that made that promise.
A promise he can't keep.... There is no "bringing jobs back"
If anything we can lead new industries (clean energy, for example) to create NEW jobs... But nope, folks just want the old jobs that aren't coming back.

The only jobs that can be "saved" by DT are the ones that are killing the planet at the same time, so fuck the planet give me my coal job.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:29 PM   #27 (permalink)
Los

That Nazi flag is messed up, but these people didn't come out of nowhere. They've always been there. That's why most black people aren't nearly as upset as white people right now. The idea of a post-racial America when Obama was elected was a joke.

You shouldn't have to deal with that though. You might be able to get the police involved, but not until they actually do something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
A promise he can't keep.... There is no "bringing jobs back"
Jobs could come back, but they wouldn't be the middle class wages that people want. I don't think businesses can afford expensive American workers and sell inexpensive products at the same time. If everything was made in America, nothing would be affordable.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
That Nazi flag is messed up, but these people didn't come out of nowhere. They've always been there. That's why most black people aren't nearly as upset as white people right now. The idea of a post-racial America when Obama was elected was a joke.

You shouldn't have to deal with that though. You might be able to get the police involved, but not until they actually do something.

Jobs could come back, but they wouldn't be the middle class wages that people want. I don't think businesses can afford expensive American workers and sell inexpensive products at the same time. If everything was made in America, nothing would be affordable.
I know these people have always been around... Just scary they now have been emboldened to act without fear of repercussion/punishment...
Los likes this.