Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever walked out of a movie?
Yes 19 48.72%
No 20 51.28%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes

Old 11-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2513: The Future

with Libby Phillips – Tracy Soren co-hosts: President-elect Trump meets President Obama; family politics; hate crimes increase; new laws from the election; dead man wins the vote; Shark Tank’s Daymond John endorses the SELF Journal; Leonard Cohen; Keith walks out of Inferno

Guests:
Libby Phillips

Tracy Soren

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 11-14-2016 at 01:39 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 06:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Tomato Juice Shoes

Rotten Tomatoes should have a classification for ones so awful; you have to walk out. Skip the reviews cuz a percentage of walk outs says it all.
Keith and Apia like this.
Old 11-13-2016, 06:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Who doesn't like Tom Hanks, and I dug the controversy of the first one. Then it was all running and puzzles and wait for the explanation and who gives a shit.

Maybe the first one was like that and it was new? But I don't think so.

Yawners.
Old 11-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

yeah the Da Vinci Code had something magical/ revelatory about it. Like it solved the riddle of religion and government and control or something. That book was an awesome read. It reads like a kickass movie. Only problem is the subsequent books are the same. In almost every twist at roughly same page.

I agree tho. Tom Hanks is a national treasure. Whoevers managing that guy should sit him down. If not only to give him a hair cut, to at least flash a picture of Nicolas Cage and warn him.

That Hanks legacy is in trouble. On all fronts. Kids and films included.
Old 11-14-2016, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Trump didn't win because of racism (I'm sure racists voted for Trump, but that's not the point). He won because people who voted for Obama four years ago, and eight years ago swung to the right.

So these are the kind of racists who are who are happy to have a black president? weird.

Now check this:

The white vote (nationally) is much the same overall as Romney achieved - there was no white swing toward Trump.

So when you say that America or Trump voters are racist etc (and it IS worse than calling someone a cunt) - you are just insulting the very people you want to swing back in four years time. And if you alienate them enough they might double down.
“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at M.I.T.; good genes, very good genes, O.K., very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, O.K. …”
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America
Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

So tired of the whining about the election. It's done get over it. Work toward finding a candidate that could actually beat Trump or someone like him.

This election wasn't won based on his being racist and voters being racist or misogynists. It was won because no one has helping the lost people in the Rust Belt. Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin made the difference.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CsisandDesist View Post
It's done get over it. Work toward finding a candidate that could actually beat Trump or someone like him.
golly gee wow! hear that everyone? it's done. things are gonna be aces! all we have to do is have good faith in a dozen or so unscrupulous shit fucks. if we respect them enough, they /surely/ won't make life hard for muslims, women, latinos, and trans folk. thank you desist for your wisdom and cracker jack plan. so easy!!!
Old 11-21-2016, 12:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
golly gee wow! hear that everyone? it's done. things are gonna be aces! all we have to do is have good faith in a dozen or so unscrupulous shit fucks. if we respect them enough, they /surely/ won't make life hard for muslims, women, latinos, and trans folk. thank you desist for your wisdom and cracker jack plan. so easy!!!
Where did I say things were going to be aces? Where did I stay respect them. Nowhere. I think the result is terrible, but what is whining about it constantly going to do.

Grow the fuck up.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

expressing dissent to the barrel of crap coming down the pipe isn't whining, idiot.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:55 PM   #10 (permalink)

i'm also taking Presidential tones for this conversation, Moron. Loser. probably a Rapist.
Keith likes this.