Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump last 4 years?
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree57Likes

Old 11-14-2016, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2514: One Bad Day

with Shalewa Sharpe – Alyssa Limperis co-hosts: Alyssa’s family sees her show about her father’s death; Is Trump surprised he won?; hate crime escalation; white and black people’s reaction over the election; a listener schools KATG

Guests:
Alyssa Limperis

Shalewa Sharpe

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 11-15-2016 at 03:58 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 11:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

WTF James. Keith has been pushing Don't Vote; Its All Bullshit for years. One election vote and suddenly KATG has a political agenda?

I dont like Clinton either, but that doesn't mean a billionaire reality show host is the answer.

RIP James. Your white privilege Trump boner has been noted.
Keith, Bucho, PsychoLoco and 1 others like this.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Will you be my friend Keith?

I promise not to talk politics. Just alcohol, football, movies, and comedy. Maybe our wives or jobs if it looks like one of us might cry about something. I'll never bring up my kids unless you bring up your dogs. Weather is a no-go, but health can be discussed with proof of a visit to a doctor or visible ailment (newly-missing limb, severe rash, etc.).
Bucho and therewillbesnacks like this.
Old 11-15-2016, 02:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Did I miss the part where James said he was voting for Trump? Because I thought I heard that he was voting for Gary Johnson. So you can call him racist all you want, but he wasn't voting for Trump as far as I can tell. He threw his vote away instead.

I think Shalewa is a good speaker but I disagree with a lot of what she said. She starts by openly saying she's racist against whitey - ok, fair enough. Then goes on to say that "all" white people are racist. And she says that white people are so defensive. Maybe they're defensive because you're trying to put labels on them? If you start a conversation by labelling someone with an 'ism', it's not going to be a productive conversation. And just saying I follow her logic for a second, can she explain how we go about not being racist? It would be useful information for those of us that don't want to be racist.

Politics is fucking savage this year. Brexit here in the UK has been similar, although perhaps not quite so personal as in the US. But I do think that while we're all calling each other names there is no possibility in any sort of dialogue. And now even within our ideological camps we're becoming fractured and fighting each other. I'd imagine most KATG listeners are very liberal and attempting to live their lives as best they can but I can also imagine that the past week of shows have been as tiring for other listeners as they have for me. We're on the same side, lecturing each other on how fucked up we are isn't helping us to come together, it's dividing us further.

This will likely go down like a lead balloon, I pre-emptively call myself a dummy or an asshole or a racist just so we can skip that bit.
mattkiwiwatt and kevinquinn like this.
Old 11-15-2016, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
...he was voting for Gary Johnson. So you can call him racist all you want, but he wasn't voting for Trump as far as I can tell. He threw his vote away instead.

Yeah, that's a vote for Trump.
Lanfear likes this.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Harvey View Post
Did I miss the part where James said he was voting for Trump? Because I thought I heard that he was voting for Gary Johnson. So you can call him racist all you want, but he wasn't voting for Trump as far as I can tell. He threw his vote away instead.
There's no such thing as a throwaway vote. Taking to time to do it means you're voting for a specific reason. If who wins doesn't matter to you, you stay home.

I think the Obamas made a big mistake by suggesting that a third party vote doesn't matter, especially if that third party represents you better than the other candidates. You don't win people over by telling them that they don't have a choice.
kevinquinn likes this.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

some balance would be great!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:26 PM   #8 (permalink)

The racism in this show makes it really hard to listen to.

Why is everyone held to the same standard?
Old 11-15-2016, 07:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
WTF James. Keith has been pushing Don't Vote; Its All Bullshit for years. One election vote and suddenly KATG has a political agenda?
How many times have ALL Trump supporters been called racist on the show since the election? (or all but called racist)

You can see why James is upset

Quote:
I dont like Clinton either, but that doesn't mean a billionaire reality show host is the answer.
He's not just a reality star - he's the guy who decided whether Brett Michaels or Cyndi Lauper would be the better CEO of a company that did not exist.

This is important stuff.

Quote:
RIP James. Your white privilege Trump boner has been noted.
Yeah he sounded real privileged.
kaligula and kevinquinn like this.
Old 11-15-2016, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
Do I accept that being white makes me racist even I really, really don't want to ?
There's no group of people where everyone is the same. It is interesting though. I've heard white people say that they were taught as children not be racist. Why does that have to be taught? It makes it seem like whites are born racist.

It would be one thing if it was just in the US, but there are no multicultural countries that I know of that haven't had racial issues between whites and the native or immigrant population. It happens whether whites are the majority or the minority.

It would be one thing if that was all in the past, but it's not. I really wonder where it comes from.