Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-07-2006, 08:02 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydallan
I realize that this is a good way to start a sophomoric flame war, but I think it is very annoying that Patrice interrupts Keith and Chemda so often. It was especially noticeable on yesterday's show.
Personally I think the dynamic they have going on is pretty enjoyable. Though I guess I'm especially fond of Patrice, so maybe take my opinion with a grain of salt.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #12 (permalink)

The Patrice shows are some of my favorites. For a while, I thought it was just her, but after Spooky, I realized Keith just needed another person to bounce stuff off of, because Chemda's not that funny.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:22 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I realize that this is a good way to start a sophomoric flame war, but I think it is very annoying that Patrice interrupts Keith and Chemda so often. It was especially noticeable on yesterday's show.
Thats what makes KATG so interesting, its spontaneous. Sure its not easy listening, you really have to concentrate to understand everything thats going on, but Keith and Chemda have gotten a lot better at working with a third party, especially Patrice & Spooky, I presume its because Keith and Chemda have a lot of confidence in these characters to keep the show entertaining, which they do, very well.

I particularly like the shows with Victor, I'm a big fan. The shows are all over the place, but always hilarious, you just would'nt get the same effect if everyone held back and waited their turn.

Your entitled to your opinion, I just think your missing what KATG is all about.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoman
Chemda's not that funny.
This is surely flame-bait. Chemda is the best part of the show. She is always relaxed and spontaneous, and does not act like she is aware that she is performing for an audience. Patrice, on the other hand, seems to periodically become aware that people are listening, and then she engages a vocal affectation that I find very annoying. When I wrote to Keith a couple of weeks ago to say that shows with just the two of them are the best ones, Patrice said "Sorry you don't like my accent." But it is not an accent: it is obviously an affectation that she would be much better without.

Last edited by sydallan; 04-07-2006 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:19 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffa
I presume its because Keith and Chemda have a lot of confidence in these characters
Shh, don't call them "characters".
Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ersby
Shh, don't call them "characters".
Oh Fuck, your right, my apologies.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

The dangers of listening to KATG at work:

So they're doing movie titles for girls' pants and picking out titles, and "Snatch" (Brad Pitt, Benicio del Toro) jumps right into my head. I was |--| that close to shouting "OH MY GOD, SNATCH!" at the top of my lungs. Thankfully I realized just in time that the office was, in fact, totally quiet and the two office grannies three cubes down would very much have me fired.

Thank you, dear Keith and The Girl, for pushing the envelope on my think-it-say-it filter and for making me appreciate my cushy job.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:29 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Patrice, on the other hand, seems to periodically become aware that people are listening, and then she engages a vocal affectation that I find very annoying.
You're going to have to expand on this point, because I don't hear it.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:46 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatboy
You're going to have to expand on this point, because I don't hear it.
I was trying to be euphemistic to avoid backlash from people in the forum, and I had hoped that people would realize what I meant.

I am talking about what I will have to call her "nigga voice" affectation, which I do not perceive as natural for Patrice. I think she puts it on deliberately because she thinks it is fun and entertaining. I think she is entertaining enough without it.

If it were her natural way of speaking then she would probably do it more often.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #20 (permalink)

I also like Patrice, and I think that she is often entertaining. I just think that she would be more consistently entertaining if she interrupted people less often, and she talked in her normal voice.