Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-07-2006, 12:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentoman
The Patrice shows are some of my favorites. For a while, I thought it was just her, but after Spooky, I realized Keith just needed another person to bounce stuff off of, because Chemda's not that funny.
People will attack you for saying that Chemda isn't that funny, but I have to *partly* agree. The problem is that Chemda sometimes THINKS things are funny, but they often times really aren't, and she also likes to try to tag onto other people's jokes, often times with dire results. I love Chemda, and the show wouldn't be the same without her, but sometimes it is sort of annoying, and the show is helped by having Patrice there. Ehhh, I'm going to get flamed for this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2006, 12:34 PM   #22 (permalink)

BrianA: perhaps I should continue to bash Patrice, and then the hate in this thread will be divided between two of us, rather than you getting most of it.

BTW, your blog looks interesting.

Last edited by sydallan; 04-07-2006 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:57 PM   #23 (permalink)
tga

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA
People will attack you for saying that Chemda isn't that funny, but I have to *partly* agree. The problem is that Chemda sometimes THINKS things are funny, but they often times really aren't, and she also likes to try to tag onto other people's jokes, often times with dire results. I love Chemda, and the show wouldn't be the same without her, but sometimes it is sort of annoying, and the show is helped by having Patrice there. Ehhh, I'm going to get flamed for this.
Well, if you get flamed, at least it won't be a surprise.

The times when Chemda says something that Keith or any of the guest don't laugh at I think are some of the funniest moments. Those moments of slight akwardness are sometimes funny, sometimes uncomfortable but always real. I would rather get the real person than someone that holds back and doesn't have the confidence to say what is on his and her's mind and what they think might be funny.

Also, you get FREE, 5 day a week show that averages an hour each show. I think it's a little unfair to critisize because not every word they say is funny all the time! What do you people want, blood?
Old 04-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tga
I would rather get the real person than someone that holds back and doesn't have the confidence to say what is on his and her's mind and what they think might be funny.
This is the secret to why this show is probably the best podcast out there. Keith is obviously qualified to be the next Howard Stern, but Chemda's contribution is the thing that makes this show so incredibly entertaining.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA

Don't worry Brian, chemda doesn't read the forums

Now, if you posted this on her myspace page. Oh Boy, we would hear all about it
Old 04-07-2006, 01:38 PM   #26 (permalink)
Saq

The Crying Game
Snatch
The Pink Panther
Seven
Holes
Jaws
Mission Impossible
Charlie and the chocolate factory
Ice Age
Three Men and a Baby
What Lies Beneath
Deep Impact
The Ring
Blazing Saddles
Sweet Smell of Success
Old 04-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #27 (permalink)

The Crying Game = VIRGINS
Snatch =
The Pink Panther =
Seven = and you are number 8
Holes = DP
Jaws = Ouch
Mission Impossible = Fridgid
Charlie and the chocolate factory = Butt sex
Ice Age =
Three Men and a Baby =
What Lies Beneath
Deep Impact
The Ring
Blazing Saddles = Duece Girlfriends
Sweet Smell of Success

Last edited by MichaelG; 04-07-2006 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

I love the love but Syd is 1/2 right. I listened to the show today which I don't usually do because after we did it yesterday I realized the live aspect made me anxious.

I was indeed a bit more interupt prone yesterday then usual. I think I was overly aware of the idea of dead air when people were listening right then.

As for the accent/affectation instead of apologizing for my accent I now realize I should apologize for my education?

That isn't a straight put on voice that's me being lazy and usually reserved for Andrea after hours of banter.

Twitters

"Be gone, back to the cave from which you came." -Abs

"No, you can't go. He's a pederast."- Nick Postagulous
Old 04-07-2006, 01:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

nah, Patrice, you were great, it was one of the most enjoyable shows from you that ive heard. the bigger we get, the more varied opinions we are gonna have.
Old 04-07-2006, 02:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice
As for the accent/affectation instead of apologizing for my accent I now realize I should apologize for my education?
I'm not a snob and I was not commenting on Patrice's level of education. I am only guessing about what might be "natural" for her, but I get the impression that she falls into the "nigga voice" (I don't know what else to call it) when she is a bit worried that she needs to be more entertaining and distinctive. But I think she is entertaining and distinctive enough when she uses her natural voice.

I really like Chemda's "latina receptionist" voice, but she uses that as a way to play a role when telling a story; she doesn't use that voice as her own voice.

I'm not trying to hurt anyone's feelings. I think that Patrice is perfectly entertaining when she relaxes and waits her turn, and uses her regular voice.