Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you depressed AF?
Yes 6 24.00%
No 19 76.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mermaid

Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2580: Depressed AF

with Mike Brown – The Oscars from a black POV; Black Twitter; depression and suicidal thoughts; going on talk shows that push negative agendas

Guest:
Mike Brown

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

UGH
I TOTALLY AGREE ABOUT MOONLIGHT

I totally thought that because this was a play that the third act was weird and hard to follow cuz this was written to be a vague, black box, one set thing where characters disappearing and long silences would be more powerful. No one I talked to would hear of it because "this movie is perfect!" Thank god for KATG, where people understand me

Even while crying because I empathized with Jaron I was fucking pissed at how vague their relationship was left. Not even their relationship, just what the fuck did Kevin even feel for him. The whole cooking and drinking scene was flirty AF and then they get back to Kevin's place and he becomes aloof and cold. I HATED IT. I don't need them to have sex but I feel like not cementing Kevin's feelings was just as much of a cocktease ending as Luke Cage going to jail at the end of the season. If he's gay-ish and wants to fuck Jaron that's great, if he's straight now but still can show physical love (with a hug) then that's equally as great. MAKE A DAMNED CHOICE
Old 03-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

People have a weird misconception of the south.

Yes, there are plenty of racist white people with Confederate flags.

But, also 60% of African Americans live in the south and that number is growing as more people move back home. (Aka where their family lived before the great migration)

So if you have a show in a racist seemingly all white town, the next town over is likely all black. Sometimes literally on the other side of the railroad tracks.

You can look at the voting demographics broken down by county to get a good idea of the area.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So when you go to plan your show at the happening club, take a second, and check if there's a club across the railroad tracks.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Oh no, by all means, take racist white people's money while making them uncomfortable.

But after the show is done, they aint gotta stick around. There is likely a black side of town close by that they will feel more comfortable staying in.

Or like you are suggesting, book gigs in the black/minority side of town.

I've heard stories of black entertainers being uncomfortable staying in bed and breakfasts in an almost all white town that is literally one short bridge away from my medium-sized city, which is 52% black and 40something% white with a solid south asian population with strong cultural ties.

I think the problem is people don't think there is a such thing as diversity in the south so they just deal with the discomfort.
Sparrow likes this.