Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Los

I heard some of the show. I remember Chaz Kangas being a good guest, and I'm really not trying to be negative, but can somebody who's into hip hop explain his rapping to me? All I'm thinking when I hear him is this is what cultural appropriation sounds like. Other white artists just try harder.

I would understand if he was a comedian, but I don't think he is based on what I saw on Youtube. Everybody seems to like it though. Seriously, I feel like I'm missing something.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
can somebody who's into hip hop explain his rapping to me? .
You have to admit. His wordplay and rhyming is pretty incredible.

Just because he's extra cheese doodle of the caucasian varietal is no reason to hate.

The hip hop culture has expanded beyond braggadocio and "tossing weaker MC's off stage." But I bet if this particular white boy WERE to be thrown from stage, he'd have something funny to say about it. AND it'd rhyme. All before he hit the ground.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Los

I'm talking about his style though. It's like how someone would sound if they tried to rap, and never heard hip hop before. He's just saying words that rhyme with no flow to it, no feeling behind it, etc. I can't think of a good example to compare this to.

I listened to some of his recorded songs just to compare with what he did on the show, and I don't get it. He almost sounds like he's making fun of hip hop. That's why I thought maybe he was a comedian.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
I heard some of the show. I remember Chaz Kangas being a good guest, and I'm really not trying to be negative, but can somebody who's into hip hop explain his rapping to me?
Whenever a Chaz rapping segment starts up I initially groan, but somehow am usually won over by the time he's done. I wouldn't buy an album, but I think it's impressive how he calls back all this random shit from the show into his rhymes, he's quick. I can appreciate that while not being into his style (or comedy rap in general).
Los likes this.