Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you on Stephen Spinola’s side?
Yes 26 92.86%
No 2 7.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By PsychoLoco
  • 1 Post By PsychoLoco
  • 4 Post By Bucho

Old 01-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2557: Master of Cum

with Wendi Starling and Stephen Spinola – Chemda’s deterioration; Christmas tree removal; Wendi’s john update; Trump’s crackdown on imaginary voter fraud and the building of The Wall; Stephen calls to explain the Barron Trump tweet fallout; celebrity nude hacker receives 9 months jail time; KATG polls

Wendi Starling

Stephen Spinola

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 01-26-2017 at 07:23 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 03:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Doing my best Myq impression: "Dan Savage says that female ejaculate is not urine, but may contain 5-10% urine because it uses the same 'plumbing' to leave the body."

Every year, over $25 billion in remittances are sent to Mexico alone (money from people in the U.S. sent back to support their relatives or for other reasons, i.e., Western Union transfers, etc.). A 10% tax on these bank transfers would pay for the wall within 4 years IF the wall only costs $8 billion. I find that number laughably low. New sports stadiums cost over a billion dollars and those construction projects are localized to a city block or two, not 2,000 miles of hostile terrain.
Apia likes this.
Old 01-27-2017, 06:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So if you're sending money to Mexico, which was already taxed, we tax it again?
Old 01-27-2017, 07:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

This is what comes up on google when you search Stephen Spinola.

He should start using "Failed Standup Comedian and Master of Cum" as a title.

Old 01-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Who says all of it is taxed? There are over 15 million illegal aliens in the U.S., with the vast majority working somehow to make a living. If someone is working illegally in the U.S., the only taxes they would pay would be consumption taxes, sales taxes, VAT, etc. No income taxes. Probably no property or capital gains taxes because it would be rare that they would invest in fixed or long-term assets. Sending money back to their families abroad only costs what the transfer service would charge them, and the service would pay taxes on their profits (or a fraction of a fraction of what money is sent out).

Tax it. That's what Texas does. We have no personal income tax and a maximum 1.5% corporate income tax. We get all of our funding from property and consumption taxes. If you save your money, you pay no taxes. But if you spend it, you pay a sales tax. It doesn't matter if you are Texan, a U.S. citizen, a tourist, or an illegal immigrant. It also doesn't matter if you earned the money waiting tables, selling drugs, working illegally, or performing surgery in a hospital; everybody pays the same %. The more expensive shit you buy, the more taxes you pay.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
2 things:

1. U.S. citizens are double-taxed on investments in companies. The company pays its taxes, distributes profits, and then the owners (stockholders) that receive the profits have to pay taxes on the income.

2. Can you make it a rule that if you are that 1 person that votes against everyone else, you should have to identify yourself and state your case? I want to know if we're dealing with genius, crazy, or ignorant.
Bucho likes this.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I follow.

And yes, I enjoy your second point immensely.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wendi Starling has smashed her way into my Top 5 KATG Guests. What a force of nature. Just magical.
Keith, The Girl, jcro21 and 1 others like this.
Old 01-29-2017, 01:17 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoLoco View Post
Doing my best Myq impression: "Dan Savage says that female ejaculate is not urine, but may contain 5-10% urine because it uses the same 'plumbing' to leave the body."

Every year, over $25 billion in remittances are sent to Mexico alone (money from people in the U.S. sent back to support their relatives or for other reasons, i.e., Western Union transfers, etc.). A 10% tax on these bank transfers would pay for the wall within 4 years IF the wall only costs $8 billion. I find that number laughably low. New sports stadiums cost over a billion dollars and those construction projects are localized to a city block or two, not 2,000 miles of hostile terrain.
Since Trump is a protectionist, I'm guessing he will introduce an import tax on Mexican goods to pay for the wall, which will protect jobs in the US etc.

However don't be fooled, if that is the case then the people paying for the wall will be (mainly) US consumers not Mexico.