Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2553: VIP Inauguration Special (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2553-vip-inauguration-special-20321/)

Keith 01-20-2017 09:03 PM

2553: VIP Inauguration Special

Donald Trump's inauguration; Chemda health update and medical transphobia; KATG Best Spinoff Episode and Best Flavor of the Month nominees

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Keith 01-21-2017 08:19 AM

Obama's 2009 inauguration: 1 million people at the National Mall

Obama's 2013 inauguration: 1.8 million people

Trump's inauguration: 250,000 people

People STILL know they shouldn't be seen voting for Trump.

Keith 01-22-2017 12:57 AM

We need to see if Chemda was on a brand new pill that was invented for her brand new disease: a tumor.

Enunciated Piffle 01-22-2017 08:39 AM

I love the Research and Development argument. These poor pharmaceutical companies. They're barely scraping by!!!

nerdupyo 01-22-2017 01:10 PM

So I'm thinking the persistent troll Adam from Hollywood is "Hollywood Adam" the ex-co-host of Nobody Likes Onions, right? He's still stalking KATG after all these years? 😂

Enunciated Piffle 01-22-2017 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 857744)
But why even try to develop something new there is no financial incentive? .

Totally. It's like, Pharma Bro!!!

Sparrow 01-22-2017 09:24 PM

it would be cool if eradicating disease were a priority and we could give research and development grants to scientists to develop needed medications to feed into a public health service.

i'm not agin capitalism, but when you commodify illness and human relief from suffering, i feel squicky. it's the same way i feel about assigning profit dollars to the incarceration of our minority populations.

amnesiac 01-23-2017 10:27 AM

Best Flavour of the Month

I voted for Misandry with Marsha because it not only made me laugh my ovaries out, it made me realize that I am a feminist. I laughed and I learned.

This was a close one for me because Shart Tank was so funny. Stephen is a natural host. The reason Marsha won over Stephen, for me, was because Kill All Men. I'd love to hear more of both.

dannyhatch 01-23-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerdupyo (Post 857748)
So I'm thinking the persistent troll Adam from Hollywood is "Hollywood Adam" the ex-co-host of Nobody Likes Onions, right? He's still stalking KATG after all these years? 😂

I hate that I know this, but as an avid early listener of NLO I believe they called him Hollywood Adam because he missed an episode early on because he was out of town in Los Angeles. I assume they're not the same person but who knows.

nerdupyo 01-23-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 857765)
I hate that I know this, but as an avid early listener of NLO I believe they called him Hollywood Adam because he missed an episode early on because he was out of town in Los Angeles. I assume they're not the same person but who knows.

Yes but NLO was based in Florida as far as I remember it was Tampa, and that he complained that he had to drive far to get to the place where they recorded. I know it could be another Adam from Hollywood, Florida but it definitely is a weird coincidence if so!