Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-14-2017, 04:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2548: 9th Annual KATGuh Awards

The 2016 KATGuh Award Nominations

Guest:
Chanel Ali

Vote here: KATG.com/vote

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
Scorpion likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

It's always the greatest time of the year!!!

The Hatch did a great job finding your nominated clips, and if they had enough support, they're in here.

Voting is up at KATG.com/vote, so be sure to stop by after you've heard all 17 hours, and make your mark.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-15-2017, 08:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm enjoying the episode so far and the editing is so seamless I can't tell the difference between live and the clips. Excellent job.

I am at the part where Chemda was talking about her Facebook post about asking why a woman goes inside a boy's room and how it should end. I have only told the following story to a few people.

I was very insecure in college and coming from a Catholic family I was pretty repressed. I had such bad self esteem I had only kissed one guy by the time I ended up in college. So when I was finally away from my strict parents and given free reign, there were several times where the situation could have ended badly for me. I was a virgin until I was 20 years old. When I woul go on dates, I would let the guys go pretty far with the exception of penetrative sex. I was never raped. There was one time where the guy could have very easily just slipped it in. We were on his bed, both naked, he was right there, and he looked into my eyes and knew that I was not ready. I couldn't even speak at that time due to fear of disappointing him and other thoughts swirling in my head that at that time I just could not speak. This guy was a jerk too; he made comments on my food choices, pissed off my friends with condescending comments and though he sounded like John Mayer and sang "Your body is a wonderland to me several times." But in that moment when it would have been very easy for him to just slide into me, he didn't do it.

So this notion that guys can't help themselves and girls shouldn't put themselves in this position is all horseshit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lanfear likes this.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

What gets me about "the cabinets" type arguments with my gf is the fact that I've told you repeatedly it bugs me and you still make no effort to change the behavior. Making us feel uncomfortable is more important then the two seconds it would take to shut the door and reopen it when needed? Not only do you not care that it annoys us, you'll mock us to friends about it, so if you remember the conversation enough to make fun of us then you remember that it bugs us, but it seems you don't care enough to stop it. That is why it starts to feel on purpose and vindictive.

Start leaving your shaving stubble in the sink. That's always unhinged every woman I've ever known, and say "What's the big deal, just turn the tap on"

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 01-16-2017, 03:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Best new guest was haaared
Old 01-16-2017, 08:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

This was a SHOCKING year! There's an obvious winner but all of the runner-ups were pretty shocking, too!
Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Maybe it's just my download, but at around the 3 hour 44 minute mark it goes from Best Fight to Best Impersonation without any segue. Seems like there are a few missing minutes.
Keith likes this.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thanks for saying. You're right. All fixed. It was just over a minute: We acknowledged Andrea's joy of Clark Jones getting in trouble and then went into Best Impression. The short clip you missed was my jaw-dropping impression of Steve Schirripa's Bobby Bacala.

Thanks again. You saved the day.

The add-on begins at 3 hours, 43 minutes.

The new KATG app (for iOS and Android!!!) will also help you get the new file and find the spot instantly.

KATG.com/app
Old 01-19-2017, 11:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Oh thank sweet baby Jesus I was right. One less reason to think the alcohol induced blackouts are becoming a problem.
Keith likes this.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I liked Keith's wife on this one. She didn't say much but her presence ...motivated (?) Keith towards the comedy.

Maybe Cat can leave a few drawers open on Keith's birthday. Help get him fired up for the stage. Or prepare him for a brain embolism. Whatever.

Someone else mentioned it but the editing and arrangement of ep really is first rate.
Keith likes this.