Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is it okay to punch Nazis?
Yes 32 86.49%
No 5 13.51%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree43Likes

Old 01-25-2017, 03:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale64 View Post
I won't punch some one and I don't want to be punched for being a liberal. I can't condone the violence.
You don't want to be punched for being too nice?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

We definitely don't need to know anymore. We all understand that's just the way of the world.
Bucho, Sparrow, lizsquiz and 1 others like this.
Old 01-25-2017, 04:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
But as it went on he proved to be one of these liberal types who do nothing but critique and hem and haw about strategy. It's the mindset of "this protest isn't perfect, so it's not worth doing." People like Alingon will sit on their hands hoping to find the best way to engage with fucking Nazis while they run train on our rights and our country.
This was my feeling as well. I was so irritated when the guest tried to use an MLK Jr. quote as an excuse for not punching a neo-Nazi guy. MLK was for non-violence, but only using one quote ignores the nuance of his views. The further I listened into this episode, the more Alingon sounded like the "White Moderate" that MLK wrote about in his "Letter from a Birmingham Jail":

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letter from a Birmingham Jail, by MLK Jr.
I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro’s great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen’s Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to “order” than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: “I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action”; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man’s freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a “more convenient season.”
Nazis are protected by Free Speech from government persecution. It doesn't mean that you won't face negative consequences from your fellow citizens who disagree, especially if your speech has to do with the ethnic cleansing of non-whites from the US.
Keith, jcro21 and Mermaid like this.

Last edited by Corporate Wildcat; 01-25-2017 at 07:52 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-26-2017, 06:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

This is a quote from the Nazi who got punched.

Keith likes this.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"We all need to be heard. I know I'd hate it if MY ideas were simply shut down without given any thought."
Old 01-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #16 (permalink)

Chemda I think it is very naive at this point to think that Trump is actually sad or hurt by what people say about him. You said it yourself hes gas lighting the country. He has been for almost 2 years now. He knows exactly what he is doing. He's extremely tactical and trying to diminish him by calling him sensitive or whatever is not how you fight back.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:58 AM   #17 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Can I just say that I think Nazis are pretty much universally acceptable to punch? Its like, the one group who it is pretty much ALWAYS ok with me to punch.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric M View Post
Chemda I think it is very naive at this point to think that Trump is actually sad or hurt by what people say about him. You said it yourself hes gas lighting the country. He has been for almost 2 years now. He knows exactly what he is doing. He's extremely tactical and trying to diminish him by calling him sensitive or whatever is not how you fight back.

Please don't mistake me calling him sensitive for me not understanding that he is powerful and tactical.

That doesn't mean that he is not a sensitive little bitch too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keith, jcro21 and Sparrow like this.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake View Post
Can I just say that I think Nazis are pretty much universally acceptable to punch? Its like, the one group who it is pretty much ALWAYS ok with me to punch.

I see your point.

But how would you write that in the lawbooks without affecting other groups from being punched too? I'm really asking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snowflake likes this.
Old 01-26-2017, 01:11 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
But how would you write that in the lawbooks without affecting other groups from being punched too? I'm really asking.
you don't. assault is assault. what you do is accept the consequences and feel ok about it b/c it was righteous.
Keith, The Girl and snowflake like this.