Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was the dog mistreated?
Yes, a dog shouldn’t be treated that way 22 64.71%
No, in the end the dog was just fine 12 35.29%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 01-29-2017, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

wasn't calling you out, i'm just genuinely curious as to why we're seeing two different things. you come from yard dog territory.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Los

That article doesn't excuse what happens in the video. It says that the people involved were wrong, and shouldn't be used again.

I don't think treatment of animals for a film is the same as what someone does with their own pet. There's a lot of money involved and a limited amount of time, so they'll be forced if they have to be. I'm sure that applies to people on set too.

If there's more footage that makes the video look better, the studio should release it. The bad press won't end if they don't. I'm just seeing this, so I don't know the whole story.
The Girl likes this.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda you should have trusted your instinct with those assholes over at PETA. An independent investigation on behalf of the American Humane Society found that the video was purposely edited to cause outrage.

It's a short read but here are some quotes.

Quote:
The investigation and eyewitness reports have brought to light the following facts:

The video was deliberately edited for the purpose of misleading the public and stoking outrage. In fact, the two scenes shown in the edited video were filmed at different times.
The first video scene was stopped after the dog showed signs of stress. The dog was not forced to swim in the water at any time.

Quote:
“It is disappointing that the public was misled by a manufactured controversy promoted by a radical organization like People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals with a mission to remove animals from films and other parts of our lives. We are the first to address and fight cruelty and abuse, and no such things happened on the set of ‘A Dog Purpose.’”
Independent Investigative Report on ?A Dog?s Purpose? Finds Edited Video Mischaracterized What Happened on the Set - American Humane
Old 02-04-2017, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I saw the dog mistreated. I saw it. Who cares what other footage there is?

Oh, the Humane Society is okay with it? The people paid to be there says they did their job?

You ever see a movie and a horse gets beat the fuck up and then it says after that the Humane Society saw that no animals were harmed?

C'mon now.

Marry the movie you love it so much.

I read the main clown at Ringling Bros. is upset because he never witnessed animals being abused either. Get the fuck outta town...

Last edited by Keith; 02-04-2017 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You ever see a movie and a horse gets beat the fuck up and then it says after that the Humane Society saw that no animals were harmed?
I always wondered how they made horses fall in the battle scenes on Game of Thrones. I read in an interview with one of the directors that they tie ropes around the horse's neck and legs, then pull it down. It's supposed to be painless.

The horse figures out what they're going to do after awhile, and won't let itself be pulled down again. Any time you see horses hitting into or running at each other, it's CG.
Old 02-05-2017, 10:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Of course they figure out what to do after awhile.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:52 PM   #17 (permalink)

Hey, it's the guy who occasionally resurrects old threads to let you know about new podcasts the guest has been on. Ali is great on Awkward Sex and the City. It's been over 2 years since she was on the main show here. More please.