Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)

Jesus, Jews and Exodus

I was always under the impression that The Last Supper was, in fact, a seder - as he and his crew were all Jewish and at that time of year, it was, in fact, passover.

One thing I never understood about Exodus, is that if Moses kept requesting Ramsees to "let his people go", why were they being pursued by the Egyptian Army (through the Red Sea)? Wasn't the first-born fiasco the last straw after which the Pharoah did let his people go?

I can picture Ramsees talking with his wife that night at dinner...

"I let his people go"
"you did WHAT! You better get those muthafuckas back here!"
"*sigh*"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah
havent listend yet but mine shows 1:15.08 in iTunes
I deleted and redownloaded. Got the 1:15.08 verion now. Just in time for the drive home.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:23 AM   #13 (permalink)

9-5 Jobs

Keet,

Working 9-5 certainly makes life a hassle, no doubt about that. Add the commute to that and you're talking 8-6. And most people work more than 8 hours a day (unless they work for the gov't) so it becomes 7-7. I totally agree, it sucks.

I am currently a freelancer so I am constantly "scheming" for a better job while working at one. I make phone calls at lunch, fill out online want ads when I get home, talk to recruitment agents, and keep my ears open. I also go to interviews at lunch, and other things. They say that it is more difficult when you are salaried because you have more responsibility, and many folks have paranoid bosses and restricted internet/phone access so don't I envy them.

I find the only way to get your life together in terms of errands, laundry, etc. is to plan like you're being graded. Make a list of shit to do, no matter how mundane. Also, you have to multitask - iron your clothing while you're watching your TV, eat dinner while you're reading the mail (or email) and my favourite - bring a radio into the bathroom to listen to the news/podcasts while you shower. Personally, I think the only answer is to live close to your job, even if it means paying massive rents. The lifestyle costs will make up the difference.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #14 (permalink)

Thank you for explaing the fact I hate to go try on pants. I would have to parade in front of my mom so she could see how they fit.

Now I have to parade in fron of my wife so she cans see if they fit. They would fit tighter if I had my balls with me.

Free FM in the bay are also fired a DJ for being Drunk. I guess it is not Free Talk, or slurred talk, or Kill Penn Talk. Side Note, the DJ, the Sports guy and the Producer are a team, they have been on 3 other radio station here in the bay area all on the morning team. (plus a women, for the laughter)
Old 04-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

I know we have a Levis Outlet store and no way are the jeans over 40 bucks.

Next time send me your pant size, and I will mail you some jeans.

You can try them on
Ask Chemda to see if they fit
if not
mail them back and I can send you a new pair till they do.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:48 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I know we have a Levis Outlet store and no way are the jeans over 40 bucks.

Next time send me your pant size, and I will mail you some jeans.

You can try them on
Ask Chemda to see if they fit
if not
mail them back and I can send you a new pair till they do.

Little known fact

Eddie bauer jeans are always either $19.99 or $29.999 never more... They use it as a lure to get people in....
Old 04-13-2006, 10:05 AM   #17 (permalink)

Fucking UPS is run by Satan. A few months ago I finally scrounged up enough money to replace my seven year old computer. I got a great deal through Dell (I just do very basic stuff with mine so I didn't need anything spectacular), but of course they deliver using UPS. I didn't want to disturb my company with this huge box being delivered for me at work so I opted to use a personal day to be home in order to receive the delivery. I sat there all fucking day--nothing. No "you missed your delivery" notice or anything. But when I checked online it claimed the driver was at my place that afternoon.

Three fucking days of this before I had to call that bitch computer and set up a pickup at the UPS center. When I told the guy behind the counter that I was home all three times they "attempted delivery" and that I had no delivery notices, all he could say was..."Oh." Fucking clueless. And of course he hassled me for not having the delivery notice with me--as if I was trying to steal my own shit. I told him, "It's kind of funny that I live in the same town as this station and the driver couldn't seem to find my apartment."

I guess I'm just lucky that whatever asshole was getting my delivery notices didn't sign for my computer and take it for herself. I will never use that cunt service again. Yes, I'm still bitter. They made me waste my nonexistent vacation time.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottperezfox
I was always under the impression that The Last Supper was, in fact, a seder - as he and his crew were all Jewish and at that time of year, it was, in fact, passover.

One thing I never understood about Exodus, is that if Moses kept requesting Ramsees to "let his people go", why were they being pursued by the Egyptian Army (through the Red Sea)? Wasn't the first-born fiasco the last straw after which the Pharoah did let his people go?

I can picture Ramsees talking with his wife that night at dinner...

"I let his people go"
"you did WHAT! You better get those muthafuckas back here!"
"*sigh*"
Yeah, the Last Supper was Passover, it's mentioned directly in the Bible. (Matthew 26:17 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples came to Jesus and asked, "Where do you want us to make preparations for you to eat the Passover?")

As for the Exodus, it is said that the Pharoh (Which isn't Ramses, by the way) and his officials changed their mind, but it probably went the way you described. (Exodus 14: 5 When the king of Egypt was told that the people had fled, Pharaoh and his officials changed their minds about them and said, "What have we done? We have let the Israelites go and have lost their services!")

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Fucking UPS is run by Satan. ... I sat there all fucking day--nothing. No "you missed your delivery" notice or anything. But when I checked online it claimed the driver was at my place that afternoon.
I guess I'm just lucky that whatever asshole was getting my delivery notices didn't sign for my computer and take it for herself. I will never use that cunt service again. Yes, I'm still bitter. They made me waste my nonexistent vacation time.
I deal with UPS every day. They often piss me off and often lose things
or forget to deliver some stuff. Here's a tip. Next time you see your driver,
ask him or her for the local dispatch office number. That way, when your
driver just leaves you a note when you were home, you call dispatch and
you tell them, and they call the driver and tell them to come back.

warning: don't do this too much if you often receive fragile goods or they
will get to know you and might play box-soccer in at the dispatch.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:50 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal
Fucking UPS is run by Satan. ... I sat there all fucking day--nothing. No "you missed your delivery" notice or anything. But when I checked online it claimed the driver was at my place that afternoon.
Yeah, if they're really lazy, they just check for a car in the driveway and assume nobody's home if there isn't one. They'll also do that if you're not waiting at the door.

Who would've thought the government was actually better at something than a private company?