Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 04-14-2006, 01:07 PM   #51 (permalink)

NYC Tow Trucks

They are sneaky lil bastards. The minute my tickets went unpaid and made it to the magical "You're getting towed" number, they were after me. My car was in a completely different neighborhood than where I lived, as I was on vacation in California and a friend was borrowing it. They still found it, towed it, and I had to send numerous faxes and wire money to my friend in Brooklyn to get it out.
I'm just thankful they allowed us to do this, as the impound fees for a week would have been monstrous.

My car was still registered in CA while I was living in NY. So anytime I got a parking ticket, it was sent to my mom's. She would call and yell at me "Why are you getting so many parking tickets?!" Then a few months later she came to visit. After a week of searching for parking spaces each morning, moving my car from one side to the other, she understood.

At one point I was so frustrated with parking in my neighborhood, I would drive to the other side of brooklyn, to williamsburg, where parking was easier, and take the train into manhattan from there.

Down the street from me there was a garage that charged around $170 - $200 a month for parking. Looking back that would have saved me a ton of cash money. I think they took me for about $4k in the long run.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:04 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
I think they took me for about $4k in the long run.
Wow. Was this just the parking fees? For how long of time?

Cute userpic by the way.
Old 04-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

mostly parking fees.. and some towing fees. over the course of a year. alternate side parking days suck.

also, be careful of the broken meters. unfortunately its not a park all day free thing.

At a broken meter parking is allowed only up to one hour (60 minutes). Where a meter is missing, parking is still allowed for the maximum time on the posted sign. (An hour for a 1-hour meter, 2 hours for a 2-hour meter, etc.). If all the meters are broken the driver shall follow the rules pertaining to broken or missing regular street meters as stated here.

Last edited by mali; 04-14-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #54 (permalink)

Chemda Screams

I love how when every time Chemda screams or yells. She is so nice and or self trained enough to move away from the mike so that we all don't go deaf
Old 04-17-2006, 10:07 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjita
Unibrow plucking? Just take your razor and make a quick swipe across when you shave. Plucking, feh.
Yep, all in one swift motion. I couldn't imagine plucking one hair at a time, i'd be there all fucking day.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:40 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Bean
hah I don't really know the details, this happened a few years ago and my aunt wouldn't talk about it because she doesn't like speaking ill of her country.

But apparently, my aunt and uncle were walking around somewhere (I don't know what kind of setting they were in were wearing pantyhose would be such a big deal), and I guess the authority figures freaked out about her unnaturally silky legs, cuffed her, took her where ever and made her take them off.
I'd assume they could see her legs or ankles...

"In keeping with Islamic values, Iranian women are required to cover their hair entirely and wear long, loose clothing to disguise the shape of their bodies."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3827101.stm

"Conservatives in Iran Crack Down on Women's Clothing
Iran's clothing stores and factories were issued a written order to stop the production and selling of clothes that are not in line with the current strict female dress code. Shops have been told to clear their shelves of any items that do not fall in line with the dress code. Some traders have reported being raided by police sent there to stop the production and sale of "immoral coats," reports Reuters. The Iranian female dress code states that women should wear long, loose-fitting black coats. Iranian women have recently been wearing shorter, lighter colored coats that fall to the knee, reports BBC News. According to Reuters, the recent crackdowns follow protests led by conservatives against women who are not following the dress code.

Many aspects of life for women in Iran are still heavily restricted. Women in Iran are still unable to work or travel without a husband's permission, and their testimony in court is only worth half of a man's. Some laws, though not often enforced, are still on the books; for example, a woman in Iran is not permitted in public with a man who is not related to her. In addition, despite the social and political progress toward a better status for women, Iran is still among the countries, including the United States, that have not ratified the UN Women's Treaty (CEDAW), adopted by the UN in 1979.

Despite this recent order to stop the production of clothes that stray from the code, there have been some improvements in women's rights since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. Today 65 percent of the university entrants and 46 percent of teachers are women. While in the 1980s women were denied the right to divorce their husbands and obtain custody of their children if divorced, in 1999 the Iranian parliament passed a law allowing custody of minor children to the mother in divorce cases if it was deemed that the best interest of the child would be served. Iran also recently gained its first woman vice president among seven in President Khatami's cabinet, Dr. Masoumeh Ebtekar, who is in charge of the Environmental Department."
http://www.feminist.org/news/newsbyt...ry.asp?id=7813
Old 04-17-2006, 02:46 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Many people have done the math regarding the timeline of the Bible. Since there is no mention of the name of the Pharoh, the histories tend not to correlate. The math points to the Exodus happening in 1446 BC. This is a full 168 years before Ramses II took reign (and 153 before Ramses I). It happens during the Thutmose III (c.1504-1450 BCE) reign.
that depends on if you go for "David Rohl's "New Chronology"" or not
http://www.domainofman.com/ankhemmaat/rohl.html
Old 04-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #58 (permalink)

too much babbling off..not enough Patrice and gossip talk
Old 05-10-2006, 08:48 PM   #59 (permalink)

regular jeans- Wrangler $15 at Wal-Mart, Levis $20
Old Navy regular jeans $20
Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM   #60 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thanks, hick.