Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can you relate to Keith needing to see every second of a movie?
Yes. It’s all part of the movie. 17 62.96%
No. He’s not really missing anything. 10 37.04%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree19Likes

Old 02-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2579: Here Comes Oscar

with Hollis James and Emily Owens – Hollis’s play regarding his cocaine and alcohol abuse; Oscars 2017; fights over movies at home; grammar rules

Guests:
Emily Owens

Hollis James

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by Andrea_Allan; 02-28-2017 at 12:15 AM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keith said something like: "Every second of the opening is designed to put you in some kind of mood and I want to be in that mood."

This is the only correct attitude. If you're not watching the whole movie you're watching it wrong.
Keith and Sparrow like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Suggestion for this year's stand-up album:

Kieth!..
jcro21 likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

i don't watch a lot of movies, but here and again i'll get to jonesing for a good solid Disney flick. i really must have the intro castle that fades into the first scene. it's a pavlovian response that's taken them a lifetime to sew into my neurons that opens my heart to childlike wonderment.

Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

for good measure

Keith likes this.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

I get Keith's view as he can explain it well and if that's what he likes, that's what he likes. It's why he gets worked up at his wife - I've explained but you still wont accommodate? You must be vindictive. I have the same instinct.

In general I'm happy to skip to the first line of dialogue but the GF wants to see it all. She is never good at verbalizing why though, it's often "a feeling", but I take her word for it and go and smoke, get drinks and go to the toilet while she watches the credits.

https://myspace.com/almostapathy/music/albums
Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

My sweet angel wife said Nothing happened once. After a little fight I figured out how to restart the show. I think it was Homeland. Maybe The Americans. Shows that start with detail right after the creepy music.

I rewound and saw that Literally it was all black and "nothing" happened.

But she doesn't know that's the same word she uses when nothing DOES happen?!?!?!

This is still a safe space, right?
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

I have some friends that I've stopped going to movies with because they don't give a shit about being late. I'm not so anal that I need to see every trailer (although I'd like to make the 12 bucks worth it), but it feels so wrong when I walk into a movie that's already started.

Going with them ended up working out for Mad Max Fury Road, we had to run for blocks to the theatre and got in our seats just as it started. Probably the only time the adrenaline boost from being late made me enjoy a movie more.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I start to loose respect for a person if they have too many obvious grammatical errors on their personal facebook. Its definitely a huge turn off when a professional facebook or website has too many. Don't get me wrong, everyone makes mistakes, but if you clearly didn't even try it's insulting.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

No. I often leave during the beginning scenes/boring scenes to make a drink or get snacks

Did Keith get OCD over exclamation points before or after the editor of his autobiography ripped him a new one for improperly indenting or not using commas before quotes and putting ending punctuation within the quotation marks?