Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are Chemda’s stealing justifications legit?
Yes 2 7.14%
No 26 92.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree23Likes

Old 03-17-2017, 04:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The Tell-Tale Button Cover
pretty sure it's still with the childhood trinkets i store at my parents house. why would i keep something like that? it's almost physically hot with shame and easy enough to throw away. i've been silently torturing myself with it for over 20 years. #pink #sparkle
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Chemda's justifications arent legit, but that doesn't matter cuz justifications are only around to make one's self feel better. You did it cuz you wanted to. Fuck how big the company is or how nice they aren't.

Re: Poll answers; given the info in the Tub episode I'm def a serious karaoke person. And I am because in general I hate wasting money and wasting time and when you get a private room vs singing on stage at a bar, wasting one is wasting the other. So I choose carefully who I go to a room with. People who agree to go but spend the whole time refusing to sing because of embarrassment are never allowed to go again. We're paying like $13 an hour and I'm not wasting 20 minutes convincing you that no body will judge you, or buying you another 3 drinks.

Also there are definitely songs I want to sing solo. I will for sure put in some Backstreet Boys, Mariah, Journey etc for the group to enjoy but there are many ballads and songs from musicals I don't want people who can't sing to steal my time from. In fact I even do some duets alone if no one is around who can sing the other part seriously.

And if my card is the one put down to hold the room, I don't give a fuck how drunk you are, we figuring out who owes what before we leave. The places where you still have to go to the bar to get drinks are the best for that (like karaoke BOHO on W 4th).

I like rooms over bar stages because there's less wait time between songs. At a bar there's always that one drunk person who has been there since the bar opened and stuffs twenty's into the tip jar to go up every other song
Keith likes this.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:13 PM   #13 (permalink)

Chemda I CANNOT WAIT for you to cosplay a trek character and fully embrace your inner dork

Keith, you are correct; Star-brows is fucking HIDEOUS. Looks like he could fit in easily with hippest of the hip organic, gluten-allergic dumpster divers in greenpoint or a meth den in middle-america.
Keith and Sparrow like this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 03-17-2017 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #14 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
Also there are definitely songs I want to sing solo. I will for sure put in some Backstreet Boys, Mariah, Journey etc for the group to enjoy but there are many ballads and songs from musicals I don't want people who can't sing to steal my time from. In fact I even do some duets alone if no one is around who can sing the other part seriously.
I don't get how that's fun unless you're really practicing your singing, in which case how can you really learn something with those acoustics?

Do you think the rest of the room won't recognize your talent?
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I think Keith is correct about Star Trek The Next Generation not holding up. I watched the entire series in my mid-20s (late 1990s) and read many of the books. I recall enjoying it at the time. I re-watched all 7 seasons again in 2015 in my late 30s and it was rough making it through. It may just be one of those series that aren't re-watchable. They rehash a lot of stories, some of the acting is very bad, and the special effects don't compare to new CGI from big studios (although not bad for an old TV Sci-Fi show).

FYI - Robin Hood stole from the government and gave back to the overtaxed.
Keith likes this.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:58 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I don't get how that's fun unless you're really practicing your singing, in which case how can you really learn something with those acoustics?

Do you think the rest of the room won't recognize your talent?

Um I don't sing professionally but I guess I'm an entertainer and like attention? Sometimes I just need to sing a song to get some emotions out and if everyone is shouting off key or getting the words wrong it kills my experience. I suppose the effect wouldn't be as strong just singing in my room. Seeing and hearing that people understand why I'm singing 7 Whole Days by Toni Braxton or Hero by Chad Kroger gives me more catharsis. So while not the same kind of "fun" as singing the songs as a whole yelling group I enjoy it.

Hope that makes sense. It's 6 AM and I'm recently no longer drunk
Keith, Bucho and Mermaid like this.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Junkies are stealing anti diarrhea medicine because taking a large amount of it gives a mild opiate like high. It's been in the news a lot. He's not stealing because he's got the mega dumps. He's got face tattoos, what do you think is going on?