Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been arrested?
Yes 21 25.61%
No 61 74.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree334Likes

Old 03-21-2017, 01:19 PM   #81 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Michael Wood is proposing civilian led policing, he is out here proposing change. We need more people like him speaking up that have worked within the system:

https://twitter.com/MichaelAWoodJr

https://twitter.com/MichaelAWoodJr/s...39584776482816
MichaelApproved likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
she wasn't expecting a /good/ result. i think as a citizen you /ought/ to expect to be treated with due regard to your rights. it's what the whole framework is built on; trust btwn the public and the police.

they are literally in charge of your life and limb while you're in custody. it's not too much to ask to be seen as human.

and to the latter point, FUCK YA. FUCK YA THAT'S WHY! BECAUSE I'M ANGRY. BECAUSE IT MAKES ME FEEL IN CONTROL OF SOMETHING. BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS GODDAMN INSANE AND IF I DON'T GET IT OUT OF MY SKIN ONCE IN A WHILE I MIGHT BURST INTO FLAME.
But you're not in control of anything because you jumped a turnstile.
You must actually realize this, no?
Pintman likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #83 (permalink)

it's symbolic…jesus christ.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:48 PM   #84 (permalink)

People in prison hoard sugar packets for rolling cigarettes. You peel the inside plastic off and take one regular smoke and make it into three.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #85 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Can we please have a guest on that can remind folks of the history behind our police system??! It was to keep slaves in line, to protect white land owners & their property!!!! The slave labor off cotton did not end with the cotton picking!!! It's still VERY alive in our prison system, and the racist GOP that profits off this shit is keeping the Orange puppet around.. liability and all.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #86 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Holy hell! this ep filled me with such anxiety!
#FuckThePolice
#SorryChemda
The Girl and MichaelApproved like this.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 AM   #87 (permalink)

I literally made an account for this because I can't believe that so many people can argue that Chemda's experience was Ok, and as she said multiple times was easier than for most. When a person or institution has authority over others they must be held to lpl greater, let alone the same standards of those they hold authority over. What happened to Chemda was not ok, but when this is happening in jail (which is the place they can get the most scrutiny for because even rich, privileged, connected people may from time to time have to experience) JUST IMAGINE THE WAY PEOPLE ARE BEING TREATED IN PRISON, not just the horrible blatant abuse and solitary shit, but the basic lies and psychological games that everyone is subject to, some more than most. I was treated similarly in San Diego and Vista CA, as well as Austin TX, and I know I was getting treated much better than most people. So how about we all worry about the extent the cops can dehumanize and abuse most people without worrying about repercussions or feeling bad because they don't "look like they could be their daughter"
Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #88 (permalink)

Police system was made because the night watch wasn't working the system that was basically Nieghbor hood watch where volunteers policed. People where sleeping or dinking on the Job go figure lol. It was made shortly after england made there system and tried to mirror it at the beginning. I am sure wealthy slave owners surely took advantage of the police but it was not the sole purpose of the police starting
Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUNTRY View Post
Police system was made because the night watch wasn't working the system that was basically Nieghbor hood watch where volunteers policed. People where sleeping or dinking on the Job go figure lol. It was made shortly after england made there system and tried to mirror it at the beginning. I am sure wealthy slave owners surely took advantage of the police but it was not the sole purpose of the police starting
I meant the history of it in THIS country..... (OUR system)