Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2593: Jailbird (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2593-jailbird-20420/)

Keith 03-20-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintman (Post 858876)
Would Keith's JusticeŠ apply in this case?

No, you moron. When 2 people walk into a turnstile together, is that so cut and dry that they'd be killed? This is why my great idea will never work: Idiots.

Seriously though, yes it would apply here. The cops would be murdered for lying about someone being or not being under arrest.

Keith 03-20-2017 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Girl (Post 858883)
Lanfear, you are making up that I ignored letters. I never received letters. I specifically said that I've looked up my license. I also got a new ID at least twice since that ticket. No one said anything.

Lanfear: "Doubt it."

shadowcat 03-20-2017 11:46 AM

I have to say, hearing Chemda tear into Michael like that kind of made my day. Also, you've now not only survived a tumor but jail too. Massive street cred.

memecherry 03-20-2017 12:01 PM

This episode is the closest to "triggered" I have ever felt in a long time.

I was about to type out my horrible experience with the police...

Ugh.. I just can't..

Chemda, I told you the story last year when I came to NYC. :(

I'm so sorry you went through this...

Is Chemda perfect? No... Are any of us on this forums? No...

Maybe take a sec to show compassion while trying to lecture somebody that was caught up in a fucked up system...?

Can we agree the system is fucked up? Can we agree it's built to make money off making people criminals for petty or sometimes no reason? Can we agree it is a system that relies on criminals staying criminals so they can keep money pumping through the prison system? YES!!

STOCKS IN PRIVATE PRISONS WENT UP THE DAY AFTER DT WAS ELECTED.

Broken window policing? Anyone heard of that??? Stop & frisk?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e193f66184c0

Should Chemda stop her petty theft streak? Yes.

Should she have paid the fare? Yes.

Did she need to get lied to on the way to jail by people in positions of power? No. Did she need to be treated like an animal once in the system? FUCK NO

Is Chemda gonna be scared everytime she sees a cop car or a person in police uniform like I am? Probably... That is fucked up, I'm sorry.. It just is....

Pintman 03-20-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 858896)
Pintman, why are you thinking we'll forget that the cops said she WASN'T under arrest by saying that a cop doesn't have to SAY when someone's under arrest?

You gettin' tricky?

It would have been nice if they did, I guess. But, again, what difference would that have made? What would Chemda had done differently? How would the outcome have been different? That's a red herring.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 858896)
Also, what do you mean the court wouldn't have a person's new address? Somehow they keep finding us for jury duty.

C'mon now...

Because jurors are selected (varies from state to state) from voter rolls, tax records, driver license records, and so forth. Not from lists of defendants with outstanding warrants. You C'mon now!

Sparrow 03-20-2017 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintman (Post 858901)
It would have been nice if they did, I guess. .

it would have been nice, huh? you guess? mhm. for the people paid by your taxes, that are bound to serve and protect you, to inform you you're being arrested while they send you through the process of being arrested?

you have rights when you're being arrested. they wanted to delay her opportunity to "do something" long enough to get her to sign it away.

THEIR ARREST TACTICS ARE BUILT TO BYPASS RIGHTS. but, it would have been /nice/, you guess.

Sparrow 03-20-2017 12:22 PM

you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.

Pintman 03-20-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 858903)
it would have been nice, huh? you guess? mhm. for the people paid by your taxes, that are bound to serve and protect you, to inform you you're being arrested while they send you through the process of being arrested?

you have rights when you're being arrested. they wanted to delay her opportunity to "do something" long enough to get her to sign it away.

THEIR ARREST TACTICS ARE BUILT TO BYPASS RIGHTS. but, it would have been /nice/, you guess.

I'll ask these simple, straightforward questions a third time: What would have been different if they would have said at the start "you are under arrest"? What would Chemda have done differently? How would the outcome have been any different?

Maybe you and some others here are confusing "getting arrested" with "getting charged."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 858903)
you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.

Bull. Absolute bull. The taxpayers lost money on Chemda's arrest.

You want to break the law on little things like weed, hopping turnstiles, sneaking into movies, jumping on the tab because the barman's an asshole? Fine. I have. But if you get caught, own it. Don't make excuses.

Sparrow 03-20-2017 12:49 PM

she can own it while still being disgusted with her treatment, the state of the facility, and the system wherein that is the tip of the ice berg.

Lanfear 03-20-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 858898)
Lanfear: "Doubt it."

Yes I do doubt that even in your fucked up racist/classist/sexist prison industrial complex bullshit system they never sent any letters and just decided 15 years later to arrest somebody because these 2 cops needed a ride back to the station.

Sorry everything with your government is worse than I can rationally imagine.