Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been arrested?
Yes 21 25.61%
No 61 74.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree334Likes

Old 03-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #91 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Can we please have a guest on that can remind folks of the history behind our police system??! It was to keep slaves in line, to protect white land owners & their property!!!! The slave labor off cotton did not end with the cotton picking!!! It's still VERY alive in our prison system, and the racist GOP that profits off this shit is keeping the Orange puppet around.. liability and all.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

Holy hell! this ep filled me with such anxiety!
#FuckThePolice
#SorryChemda
The Girl and MichaelApproved like this.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:42 AM   #93 (permalink)

I literally made an account for this because I can't believe that so many people can argue that Chemda's experience was Ok, and as she said multiple times was easier than for most. When a person or institution has authority over others they must be held to lpl greater, let alone the same standards of those they hold authority over. What happened to Chemda was not ok, but when this is happening in jail (which is the place they can get the most scrutiny for because even rich, privileged, connected people may from time to time have to experience) JUST IMAGINE THE WAY PEOPLE ARE BEING TREATED IN PRISON, not just the horrible blatant abuse and solitary shit, but the basic lies and psychological games that everyone is subject to, some more than most. I was treated similarly in San Diego and Vista CA, as well as Austin TX, and I know I was getting treated much better than most people. So how about we all worry about the extent the cops can dehumanize and abuse most people without worrying about repercussions or feeling bad because they don't "look like they could be their daughter"
Old 03-22-2017, 01:47 PM   #94 (permalink)

Police system was made because the night watch wasn't working the system that was basically Nieghbor hood watch where volunteers policed. People where sleeping or dinking on the Job go figure lol. It was made shortly after england made there system and tried to mirror it at the beginning. I am sure wealthy slave owners surely took advantage of the police but it was not the sole purpose of the police starting
Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #95 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOUNTRY View Post
Police system was made because the night watch wasn't working the system that was basically Nieghbor hood watch where volunteers policed. People where sleeping or dinking on the Job go figure lol. It was made shortly after england made there system and tried to mirror it at the beginning. I am sure wealthy slave owners surely took advantage of the police but it was not the sole purpose of the police starting
I meant the history of it in THIS country..... (OUR system)
Old 03-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #97 (permalink)

And because this young woman is amazingly articulate in regards to these discussions, take the time to check out her work:

Race Convos ? Intelexual Media
Attached Images
File Type: jpg retina-logo.jpg (19.3 KB, 4 views)
rubbintheboywanker likes this.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #98 (permalink)

Slave patrol was what southern states did and started in early 1700 's but they where only for that they where not a organized police force. They where exactly that SLAVE PATROL. In the 1830's small towns where now big city's night watch or concibles where not enough and city's statrted making police forces based closely on England's police force Boston first then New York and so fourth
Old 03-22-2017, 02:08 PM   #99 (permalink)

I will be interviewing this talented young man in two weeks for my podcast:

https://twitter.com/anthoknees

https://extranewsfeed.com/lets-stop-...355#.1apqzwwg3

https://medium.com/@anthoknees/the-t...67f#.luace6bqu

If we want ANYTHING to change, we need to start paying attention to other people's experience in the systems we live in.

Like my statement regarding the rich (mostly white & mostly men) wallstreet folks that tanked our economy & faced no repercussion vs broken window policing that disproportionately affect brown & black folks.

The fact that black parents have to teach young kids to be basically scared of the cops so that they make it home safe at night...

If anyone wants anything to change in this world, they need to look outside themselves and accept that other people are experiencing other things in the same world just because of the color of their skin or the $ in their bank account...

I'm challenging myself to learn more, listen more, observe more.

Challenge passed on to the rest of you that care enough to take it on...
The Girl and bellalugosi like this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:15 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
I meant the history of it in THIS country..... (OUR system)
I too am talking about this country only a little more accurately and not just trying to form others opinions. When I first read your comment of policing being started for slave owners I was pissed thinking those mother fuckers then I looked into it and you where not right.