Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been arrested?
Yes 21 25.61%
No 61 74.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree334Likes

Old 03-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
Would Keith's Justice© apply in this case?
No, you moron. When 2 people walk into a turnstile together, is that so cut and dry that they'd be killed? This is why my great idea will never work: Idiots.

Seriously though, yes it would apply here. The cops would be murdered for lying about someone being or not being under arrest.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Lanfear, you are making up that I ignored letters. I never received letters. I specifically said that I've looked up my license. I also got a new ID at least twice since that ticket. No one said anything.
Lanfear: "Doubt it."
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:46 AM   #23 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

I have to say, hearing Chemda tear into Michael like that kind of made my day. Also, you've now not only survived a tumor but jail too. Massive street cred.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

This episode is the closest to "triggered" I have ever felt in a long time.

I was about to type out my horrible experience with the police...

Ugh.. I just can't..

Chemda, I told you the story last year when I came to NYC.

I'm so sorry you went through this...

Is Chemda perfect? No... Are any of us on this forums? No...

Maybe take a sec to show compassion while trying to lecture somebody that was caught up in a fucked up system...?

Can we agree the system is fucked up? Can we agree it's built to make money off making people criminals for petty or sometimes no reason? Can we agree it is a system that relies on criminals staying criminals so they can keep money pumping through the prison system? YES!!

STOCKS IN PRIVATE PRISONS WENT UP THE DAY AFTER DT WAS ELECTED.

Broken window policing? Anyone heard of that??? Stop & frisk?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.e193f66184c0

Should Chemda stop her petty theft streak? Yes.

Should she have paid the fare? Yes.

Did she need to get lied to on the way to jail by people in positions of power? No. Did she need to be treated like an animal once in the system? FUCK NO

Is Chemda gonna be scared everytime she sees a cop car or a person in police uniform like I am? Probably... That is fucked up, I'm sorry.. It just is....

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.

Last edited by memecherry; 03-20-2017 at 12:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Pintman, why are you thinking we'll forget that the cops said she WASN'T under arrest by saying that a cop doesn't have to SAY when someone's under arrest?

You gettin' tricky?
It would have been nice if they did, I guess. But, again, what difference would that have made? What would Chemda had done differently? How would the outcome have been different? That's a red herring.

Quote:
Also, what do you mean the court wouldn't have a person's new address? Somehow they keep finding us for jury duty.

C'mon now...
Because jurors are selected (varies from state to state) from voter rolls, tax records, driver license records, and so forth. Not from lists of defendants with outstanding warrants. You C'mon now!
MichaelApproved likes this.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
It would have been nice if they did, I guess. .
it would have been nice, huh? you guess? mhm. for the people paid by your taxes, that are bound to serve and protect you, to inform you you're being arrested while they send you through the process of being arrested?

you have rights when you're being arrested. they wanted to delay her opportunity to "do something" long enough to get her to sign it away.

THEIR ARREST TACTICS ARE BUILT TO BYPASS RIGHTS. but, it would have been /nice/, you guess.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-20-2017 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:46 PM   #28 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
it would have been nice, huh? you guess? mhm. for the people paid by your taxes, that are bound to serve and protect you, to inform you you're being arrested while they send you through the process of being arrested?

you have rights when you're being arrested. they wanted to delay her opportunity to "do something" long enough to get her to sign it away.

THEIR ARREST TACTICS ARE BUILT TO BYPASS RIGHTS. but, it would have been /nice/, you guess.
I'll ask these simple, straightforward questions a third time: What would have been different if they would have said at the start "you are under arrest"? What would Chemda have done differently? How would the outcome have been any different?

Maybe you and some others here are confusing "getting arrested" with "getting charged."

Quote:
you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.
Bull. Absolute bull. The taxpayers lost money on Chemda's arrest.

You want to break the law on little things like weed, hopping turnstiles, sneaking into movies, jumping on the tab because the barman's an asshole? Fine. I have. But if you get caught, own it. Don't make excuses.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 PM   #29 (permalink)

she can own it while still being disgusted with her treatment, the state of the facility, and the system wherein that is the tip of the ice berg.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Lanfear: "Doubt it."
Yes I do doubt that even in your fucked up racist/classist/sexist prison industrial complex bullshit system they never sent any letters and just decided 15 years later to arrest somebody because these 2 cops needed a ride back to the station.

Sorry everything with your government is worse than I can rationally imagine.