Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been arrested?
Yes 21 25.61%
No 61 74.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree334Likes

Old 03-20-2017, 01:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.
memecherry likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #32 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
it would have been nice, huh? you guess? mhm. for the people paid by your taxes, that are bound to serve and protect you, to inform you you're being arrested while they send you through the process of being arrested?

you have rights when you're being arrested. they wanted to delay her opportunity to "do something" long enough to get her to sign it away.

THEIR ARREST TACTICS ARE BUILT TO BYPASS RIGHTS. but, it would have been /nice/, you guess.
I'll ask these simple, straightforward questions a third time: What would have been different if they would have said at the start "you are under arrest"? What would Chemda have done differently? How would the outcome have been any different?

Maybe you and some others here are confusing "getting arrested" with "getting charged."

Quote:
you know what's "nice" Pintman, talking it out over a cup of tea. this is profiteering.
Bull. Absolute bull. The taxpayers lost money on Chemda's arrest.

You want to break the law on little things like weed, hopping turnstiles, sneaking into movies, jumping on the tab because the barman's an asshole? Fine. I have. But if you get caught, own it. Don't make excuses.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:49 PM   #33 (permalink)

she can own it while still being disgusted with her treatment, the state of the facility, and the system wherein that is the tip of the ice berg.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Lanfear: "Doubt it."
Yes I do doubt that even in your fucked up racist/classist/sexist prison industrial complex bullshit system they never sent any letters and just decided 15 years later to arrest somebody because these 2 cops needed a ride back to the station.

Sorry everything with your government is worse than I can rationally imagine.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
she can own it while still being disgusted with her treatment, the state of the facility, and the system wherein that is the tip of the ice berg.
I agree 100%. Still, 2 wrongs don't make a right.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
I'll ask these simple, straightforward questions a third time: What would have been different if they would have said at the start "you are under arrest"? What would Chemda have done differently? How would the outcome have been any different?
What would be different if she knew what was happening?

Aye yie yie...

I guess for one, she would know what was happening.
memecherry and Mermaid like this.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:01 PM   #37 (permalink)

2 wrongs don't make a right, *shrug* *smile* *runs off with a flower*

comparing Chemda's petty crimes with something you can argue as modern day slavery is…i don't know, tastes a little…smug, maybe? it certainly smacks of asshole.
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:07 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
I'll answer your question, Pintman. It's a question of trust -- being able to trust that in the US, the person arresting you is not a lying, sadistic bully and you have no idea where he's taking you or for how long. That's supposed to be one of the benefits of living in the US, that there are fair processes in place that respect basic human rights.
Keith, Tech007, memecherry and 2 others like this.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Pintman,

The difference would be psychological and informative. Both are reasonable.

It made a huge difference to find out the way I found out. It scared the shit outta me. Made me worried that complying might have been what got me arrested to begin with.

I don't believe I deserved to be jailed but I know I would have still gone to jail even if they told me they were arresting me.

Now I want to ask you if it made a difference to know. And if next time I can have the benefit of knowing that I am a human. And that when I'm not treated that way, maybe don't get mad at me. Get mad that they could and would do it to you too. And that you are probably just as big a criminal as I am. Do you deserve to be locked up?

I feel the same about weed. Do parents deserve to be locked up for giving their kid medicine for their seizures? Will the "shouldn't have done that" still apply?

I don't believe that tickets, even outstanding ones, should result in locking people in a cage.

Can we stop getting mad at each other for breaking laws that we don't believe in? Who is actually responsible for calling us criminals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Most of the men that tanked our economy in illegal ways are still running free, making tons of money... I bet a bunch of them made a shitload while investing in the private prison system the day after DT was "elected".

Chemda missed a summons/"jumped a turnstile" & was treated way worse than any of them will...

Does anyone else see a problem here???
Scorpion, Sparrow and Mermaid like this.