Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Have you ever been arrested?
Yes 21 25.61%
No 61 74.39%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree334Likes

Old 03-21-2017, 01:45 AM   #61 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
By the way I don't think it works this way in Germany. I wondered how those things are handled here, but I'm not sure. Fact is, way less people get arrested.
Maybe if you are acting violent. Or are so drunk that you are a danger for yourself and others.
She was very violent. She left that part out.

But you of course can only speak for yourself I assume, you crazy what the duck language are you ever speaking I don't know peace and love.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 AM   #62 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I assume you're saying your system is better.

If if only we had the words to say we agree.

WE AGREE, YA GOOF!
Apia likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:59 AM   #63 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
Also I lost my temper on my brother. That tells me I should think more on this. I'd like to be able to debate the things I believe in in a calm way. I hope that me getting that upset was because it was 'too soon' but I'm still thinking on it.
We good fam

I should've waited a bit before getting into a debate. I came off as attacking you and I didn't mean to do that. Sorry. I meant to debate your opinion on justice and social order, not attack you for being arrested.

There are people who think you were too hard on me and others who think I was too hard on you. What they don't realize is that we spoke briefly before the show where we were probably further apart in our opinions than we were on the show, so it might've seemed more strange based on the conversation they heard.

That's not to say that either of us should've been upset with the other but it was a conversation based on a previous one.

If you listen to the show again, you'll notice that Chemda points me out specifically on the show before I call in. She was referencing that earlier call. It wasn't like we were yelling at each other but we were talking about the "system".

However, in that brief few minutes after the call and before the show, we both came closer to each others opinions. Without going into detail, we both softened our stance. One important change in my opinion was that you reminded me how dumb it was to arrest someone for not paying a fine.

It's one of the dumbest things this country does. Stop criminalizing citizens. Fuck arresting someone for a victimless crime. Fuck arresting someone for failure to pay a fine or debt.

Alternative punishment could be a 1 year written trespass from the MTA until the fine is paid or you can garnish wages but don't arrest.

Anyway, why was I harping on asking you for a solution? Partly because I think it's a good debate to have and partly because I had an over reaction to the inaccurate information I believe your opinions are based on.

Inaccuracy is my trigger. I'm not flying around with a cape on correcting people but, when I'm in a discussion, I have a hard time resisting correcting someone when they are saying something that isn't untrue.

If I'm ever saying something that isn't true, I would want someone to correct me. It doesn't make sense to me when people don't do that. We have amazing computers in our pockets connected to the world's information. Why not look something up?

Of course, I don't always have the facts straight but when I hear something that I believe is wrong I tend to give a reactive response.

It sometimes comes off as insensitive because it sometimes is. I'm not always right and my timing isn't always great. I sometimes go into "correct mode" when discussing what boils down to an opinion.

Talking when I should be listening? Mars/Venus maybe?

Having said that......................................

@Chemda - on the show you asked something along the lines of why don't I wait 5 minutes before responding. Partially it's because of what I just mentioned above and partially because it's current events. It's topical. Why wait months when a story is stale?

It's not like I refuse to accept other's opinions. The forums have plenty of examples where I continue a conversation from the show and concede points to others. These discussions help everyone who follows them grow, especially me.

It's not like I'm Billy Madison

The Girl and GreeningOA like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:04 AM   #64 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcat View Post
I have to say, hearing Chemda tear into Michael like that kind of made my day.
Oh yeah?
Attached Images
File Type: gif thumbs down.gif (1.87 MB, 44 views)
Keith, The Girl, shadowcat and 3 others like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:10 AM   #65 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
Bull. Absolute bull. The taxpayers lost money on Chemda's arrest.
You're right that the tax payers lost money on this but don't forget that harsh penalties are often there because those who impose those penalties are lobbying for them.

The city lost money on Chemda's arrest but the officers profited with cushy overtime.
Keith and GreeningOA like this.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:23 AM   #66 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Michael was frustrating because he's trying to rationalize a system that is inherently unjust. He's accepting the fact that people are fined and put away for all sorts of shit that doesn't matter, and being nitpicky about how we should best accomplish fining and putting people away.
The fuck kind of fantasy world do you live in where fining someone for jumping a turnstile is "shit that doesn't matter".

Quote:
Anyway, I enjoyed him getting shouted down
Probably because that's how you're used to communicating with people Chill out and lets exchange some ideas.

Quote:
it seems like lately he only calls in when y'all are discussing serious things and he feels the need to set the record straight or insert himself as the voice of reason or whatever.
It's not whatever, it's a fact.

Quote:
I just wanna hear some drunk Michael stories.
Fair enough I'll get cracking on those for ya
Old 03-21-2017, 05:25 AM   #67 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinrich View Post
I guess we can all agree that america is no longer #1, right?
We're #1... with incarcerated citizens.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:29 AM   #68 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
Your brother is the worst.

He's the guy who walks up to a mom crying on the side of the road and asks her to propose a plan of action for how to solve police brutality. Like at that very moment she needs to be able to come up to a solution to a centuries long systematic problem. And if she doesn't have one he gives the "well if you can't speak like a scholar on the subject then just shut up" tone and face. All while claiming to be on her side. I see your bullshit Micheal.
Dramatic much?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 AM   #69 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeningOA View Post
I think this is the answer to Michael's question about what should be done if not jailing someone. You can't renew State ID after ignoring warrant for a year. Done.

And they could send you an email to give you a heads up too. That might help.
I wish the computer systems were that well tied together. It's dumb that they can look up warrants based on your drivers license but the DMV isn't tied into the warrant system.

Regardless, I don't think you should be punished with an unrelated service. A fuck up on the MTA shouldn't cost you your license. A fuck up with your car shouldn't cost you MTA privileges.
GreeningOA likes this.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:45 AM   #70 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Culprit View Post
ahhhhhhh holy fuck

I couldn't give two shits about what points of Micheal's I agree with or not, exasperated Chemda is so fucken funny and real. Next time she gets arrested or debates with Micheal she should just go and record stand-up straight afterwards.
Bucho, jcro21, Sparrow and 4 others like this.