Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would you rather go to a Silent Smoking Session or a Yelling Coke Party?
Silent Smoking Session 23 63.89%
Yelling Coke Party 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree26Likes

Old 03-26-2017, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2598: Party Session

with Daniel Hartley – Video game stress; Chemda’s Silent Smoking Session vs. Keith’s Yelling Coke Party; Chemda’s case and law facts; I Am Not Your Negro reviewed; Chemda’s wannabe lovers: Erik Estrada, Isaac Hayes, Alfonso Ribeiro, and Sway Calloway; Daniel’s drug problem and recovery

Guest:
Daniel Hartley

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 12:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

i /love/ when Chemda gets giggle fits. so good! the dude energy was fun.

clearly i'm Team Coke & Yelling, but ideally, that party starts at, like, 10 and the silent session picks up at dawn so that when i start to come down at sunrise i can switch gears, do some quiet stretching, hydrate, eat something fresh, and calm my body with weed before going home to crash.
The Girl, Bucho, jcro21 and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Sparrow; 03-27-2017 at 12:56 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Arrest

Note that I'm not an actual lawyer, just married to one...

With the separation of Branches of Power, in this case Executive vs. Judicial. Police are not lawyers, and thus they fuck up the law all the time, which is where the lawyers come into play. They can falsely arrest, mistakenly arrest, etc. and can then be punished by the judicial branch later for failure to execute their powers properly.

Miranda Rights only protect what you say while in custody from being used against you (unless they read you your rights, then they can use it). Up until you are in custody, everything you say is fair game, which is why the police were asking you questions before they put you under arrest. Then once they had all the information they needed, they put you under arrest and didn't plan on asking you anymore questions, so they didn't care to read you your Miranda Rights.

Regarding the not being told you're under arrest, at least from the Ohio Bar perspective (assuming it's the same for NYC), you have the right to be told why you are being arrested and the nature of the charges against you (the crime for which you are being arrested). If you are arrested on a warrant, you have the right to see the warrant within a reasonable time after your arrest, to read it and make certain your name appears on it, and to see the charge against you. It's possible that because you never specifically said "why am I being arrested?" (obviously since you thought you were not being arrested), they did not have to tell you why they were actually arresting you.

For them telling you that you're not under arrest, it's a bit of gray area (supposedly police can lie to suspects, as long as the lies don't force the suspect to believe they have no choice but to agree to what the police are saying), but normally it seems that the cops are completely within their rights to lie. Unlike prosecutors and judges, who have professional ethics to comply with, the police are allowed to use whatever lawful tools they have in order to solve a crime.
Pintman likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

"...in order to solve a crime."
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

No coke party for me. If we're doing coke we better be dancing, not yelling. So silent weed party but only if Dan and Keith are allowed to be there and we have stare at each other's hardons for the entire 3 hours while tapping.

Kieth, Layers of Fear is 100% not a game for you. It's one of those walk around for 5 hours, looking at pictures of things bleeding and listening to sad audio messages with a few jump scares. Fucking boring. If you're in the mood for a horror game lemme give ya some suggestions!

Resident Evil 7 - came out a month ago and breathed new life into the RE franchise. Actually scary, even if it goes a bit hard with the body horror in the beginning.

Outlast

Dead Space - These games are on last gen and I dunno if you still have your 360. Right now only the first game is backwards compatible one the XB1- but its also the best one so just play that.

The Evil Within...this is kinda like RE4 but set in an insane asylum/broken reality. Don't expect to understand the story.

Dying Light - its an open world horror game. Like GTA but with zombies rushing after you and zip lines
memecherry likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I'll take a coke or molly dance party...

Even passionate debating, but please no yelling

(unless it's in the bedroom cause the fuckparty is so rocking!)..

..so silent weed party was the vote for me..

I can sit in the corner making drawings of everyone or ponder the latest thing in my life worth pondering about
The Girl likes this.
Old 03-27-2017, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Neither option sounds good to me. I enjoy weed and quiet as much as the next person, but why fuck it up by bringing other people into the mix. Why not just a normal weed party where you can talk and yell like humans?
Old 03-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Regarding the poll about parents doing drugs:

My mom smoked weed when she was younger and that's about it(as far as I know). My dad, on the other hand, will pretty much do any and all drugs that are put in front of him. They have been (surprisingly!) divorced for most of my life.

Today, he started his 6th and last round of chemo for stage 4 lymphoma. About a month ago, I found a glass meth pipe in his bedroom while looking for his CBD oil. Two weeks later, after my sister in law and I were done cleaning his house, he wanted to give me a nug of weed. Who am I to turn down free weed?! He handed me one of his older diabetic test strip containers to put the weed in and when I opened it, I found a baggie of what I can only assume was meth.

He grabbed the baggie away from me and said, "you knew I did that shit." After my earlier discovery, I told him that I definitely had a hunch. He then says, "I'll change once the world changes." This was after he swore up and down to our whole family that he has been clean for over a decade.

To find the meth itself is disheartening, but to find it while he's battling cancer makes it even more so. I've been fighting with myself whether or not I should tell him how it makes me feel, but I keep coming back to, "who am I to tell a cancer patient what they should or shouldn't be doing?" He may never be able to walk without crutches/a cane or pee without a catheter again, am I really in a position to scold him about his drug use, especially if I've never seen him tweaking?

I have no proof that he has smoked meth since he has been diagnosed, but for him to immediately get defensive when responding makes it really hard for me to believe that he stopped.

Apologies for the diary entry. I'm just trying to figure out my next move with all of this bullshit and listening to this fantastic episode made me think about it even more.
The Girl and Bucho like this.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipaloozi View Post
Regarding the poll about parents doing drugs:

My mom smoked weed when she was younger and that's about it(as far as I know). My dad, on the other hand, will pretty much do any and all drugs that are put in front of him. They have been (surprisingly!) divorced for most of my life.

Today, he started his 6th and last round of chemo for stage 4 lymphoma. About a month ago, I found a glass meth pipe in his bedroom while looking for his CBD oil. Two weeks later, after my sister in law and I were done cleaning his house, he wanted to give me a nug of weed. Who am I to turn down free weed?! He handed me one of his older diabetic test strip containers to put the weed in and when I opened it, I found a baggie of what I can only assume was meth.

He grabbed the baggie away from me and said, "you knew I did that shit." After my earlier discovery, I told him that I definitely had a hunch. He then says, "I'll change once the world changes." This was after he swore up and down to our whole family that he has been clean for over a decade.

To find the meth itself is disheartening, but to find it while he's battling cancer makes it even more so. I've been fighting with myself whether or not I should tell him how it makes me feel, but I keep coming back to, "who am I to tell a cancer patient what they should or shouldn't be doing?" He may never be able to walk without crutches/a cane or pee without a catheter again, am I really in a position to scold him about his drug use, especially if I've never seen him tweaking?

I have no proof that he has smoked meth since he has been diagnosed, but for him to immediately get defensive when responding makes it really hard for me to believe that he stopped.

Apologies for the diary entry. I'm just trying to figure out my next move with all of this bullshit and listening to this fantastic episode made me think about it even more.

What a tough place to be in. I really feel for you in this position.

Sometimes when I'm overwhelmed with which option to take, I do nothing. My justification is that bad she happens when it wants to. So that mean it will take me a minute to get through some of the pain before I can adjust to taking a definitive step in one direction or another.

I found that al-anon helps. Because it helps me clear the info to see what I can do and what parts are or aren't my responsibility in someone else's addiction.

It's a powerless place to come from. It takes time just to adjust to that notion.

I hope you find patience for yourself through this.

Lots of love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bucho, memecherry, bw81 and 1 others like this.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

of /course/ he's using, nobody keeps ornamental meth just around, and you've probably seen him tweak. am i correct in assuming he's under the impression this is kind of it until he passes? i don't know. sounds like something i'd do and want everybody to just shut up about and let me do it. can't speak to the wisdom, but i get it. he's probably very tired otherwise.
The Girl and Tulipaloozi like this.