Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Where did you lose your virginity?
Bedroom 35 72.92%
Vehicle 6 12.50%
Other 7 14.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree11Likes

Old 04-03-2017, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2604: You Can’t See Me

with Emily Lubin and Liz Magee – Waitress mom; fat camp; losing your virginity; your dad not being your dad; John Cena’s big mistake; Jews’ devil horns; storm chasers crash into each other, everyone dies; Boss Baby, Beauty and The Beast, Ghost in the Shell, and Power Rangers reviewed

Guests:
Emily Lubin

Liz Magee

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 05:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Living room with a fold-out bed. In Queenstown. If I gave a shit about romantic locations it would've been perfect.

Lanfear and Sparrow like this.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

People complaining about the gay Disney agenda is a real thing. Growing up my parents would take my sister and I to Disney 3-4 times a year and around when I was 10ish I believe Disney started providing health insurance to "partners" and my dad said we would never go to Disney again. I've never been back with my family
Keith and Apia like this.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Gay LeFou:

He spends the movie fawning over Gaston, acting catty about women smitten with Gaston.

During the villager invasion of the castle, the Wardrobe clothes three men in dresses and makeup. Two men run away in fear, one man smiles with wide eyes that let you know he likes it.

At the end when everyone's dancing in the ballroom, LeFou dances with a woman. She spins away and is replaced by a man (I think the villager who liked the dress). LeFou and the man smile and continue ballroom dancing.

That's pretty much it. I knew there was something the media was calling "the gay moment" going in. I don't know if I would've caught all of the above without knowing that, but at least the two men dancing should've been obvious even without.

Also, this.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

this speaks to what's has been historically "appropriate" community representation of LGBTQ in mainstream family pictures. the joke of it always ended with red-faced shame all around that a man would be put in a dress or be surprised with another man in his arms. there can be gay and it can be funny, but for it to not be obscene for the kids we all have to nod that it wasn't normal. Disney is a big, hungry, nasty corporation, but i will certainly pass along a head nod at the exclusion of the stigma.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I never read the Ghost in the Shell manga, but from what I remember of the tv show and the pictures I've seen online, Major looks a lot like Scarlett Johansson. I believe she did have a Japanese name before she was a cyborg, but if you're looking for a faithful visual representation of the character I think they chose well. I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel View Post
I never read the Ghost in the Shell manga, but from what I remember of the tv show and the pictures I've seen online, Major looks a lot like Scarlett Johansson. I believe she did have a Japanese name before she was a cyborg, but if you're looking for a faithful visual representation of the character I think they chose well. I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.
So your argument is that a movie based on Japanese source material you never saw, set in an Asian world with a character described as having black hair that was drawn in manga style originally is perfectly embodied by a blond western actress.

Good for you for proudly stating that opinion?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I just remember losing my virginity in a bedroom, but on the floor, NEXT to a bed.

SO dumb
Old 04-04-2017, 08:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

ya know, i don't remember a lot of detail from losing my virginity because i was also stoned for the first time, but, hot damn, i remember real good what it felt like to have somebody eat me out for the first time. ho boy. was not expecting that initial cold shock. fucking ruled. it was my brother's best friend, this freaky tall motherfucker, on the floor in the unfinished back room of Sean McNeal's basement; Sean was fooling around with some girl i did not know on the couch just outside the door. we ended up going to prom together and he broke my hymen parked outside the church i grew up in. that ruled, too. i don't know if he felt guilty about the brother thing or if he was one of those "everything, but…" kind of Christians, or maybe he just loved slurping my sweet virgin pussy, but he could have fucked me on those and many more occasions, but didn't.
Keith and Bucho like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.

Last edited by Sparrow; 04-04-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Such poetry.
lizsquiz and Apia like this.