Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2604: You Can’t See Me (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2604-you-can-t-see-me-20445/)

Michael's Servant 04-03-2017 11:00 PM

2604: You Can’t See Me

with Emily Lubin and Liz Magee – Waitress mom; fat camp; losing your virginity; your dad not being your dad; John Cena’s big mistake; Jews’ devil horns; storm chasers crash into each other, everyone dies; Boss Baby, Beauty and The Beast, Ghost in the Shell, and Power Rangers reviewed

Guests:
Emily Lubin
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...-o-100x100.jpg

Liz Magee
http://static-3.keithandthegirl.net/...ee-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Bucho 04-04-2017 05:30 AM

Living room with a fold-out bed. In Queenstown. If I gave a shit about romantic locations it would've been perfect.

https://lonelyplanetimages.imgix.net...&vib=20&w=1200

ahungryninja 04-04-2017 08:33 AM

People complaining about the gay Disney agenda is a real thing. Growing up my parents would take my sister and I to Disney 3-4 times a year and around when I was 10ish I believe Disney started providing health insurance to "partners" and my dad said we would never go to Disney again. I've never been back with my family

Todd 04-04-2017 12:11 PM

Gay LeFou:

He spends the movie fawning over Gaston, acting catty about women smitten with Gaston.

During the villager invasion of the castle, the Wardrobe clothes three men in dresses and makeup. Two men run away in fear, one man smiles with wide eyes that let you know he likes it.

At the end when everyone's dancing in the ballroom, LeFou dances with a woman. She spins away and is replaced by a man (I think the villager who liked the dress). LeFou and the man smile and continue ballroom dancing.

That's pretty much it. I knew there was something the media was calling "the gay moment" going in. I don't know if I would've caught all of the above without knowing that, but at least the two men dancing should've been obvious even without.

Also, this.

Sparrow 04-04-2017 12:52 PM

this speaks to what's has been historically "appropriate" community representation of LGBTQ in mainstream family pictures. the joke of it always ended with red-faced shame all around that a man would be put in a dress or be surprised with another man in his arms. there can be gay and it can be funny, but for it to not be obscene for the kids we all have to nod that it wasn't normal. Disney is a big, hungry, nasty corporation, but i will certainly pass along a head nod at the exclusion of the stigma.

Electric Squirrel 04-04-2017 03:39 PM

I never read the Ghost in the Shell manga, but from what I remember of the tv show and the pictures I've seen online, Major looks a lot like Scarlett Johansson. I believe she did have a Japanese name before she was a cyborg, but if you're looking for a faithful visual representation of the character I think they chose well. I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.

Lanfear 04-04-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel (Post 859326)
I never read the Ghost in the Shell manga, but from what I remember of the tv show and the pictures I've seen online, Major looks a lot like Scarlett Johansson. I believe she did have a Japanese name before she was a cyborg, but if you're looking for a faithful visual representation of the character I think they chose well. I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.

So your argument is that a movie based on Japanese source material you never saw, set in an Asian world with a character described as having black hair that was drawn in manga style originally is perfectly embodied by a blond western actress.

Good for you for proudly stating that opinion?

Enunciated Piffle 04-04-2017 06:14 PM

I just remember losing my virginity in a bedroom, but on the floor, NEXT to a bed.

SO dumb :rolleyes:

Sparrow 04-04-2017 08:25 PM

ya know, i don't remember a lot of detail from losing my virginity because i was also stoned for the first time, but, hot damn, i remember real good what it felt like to have somebody eat me out for the first time. ho boy. was not expecting that initial cold shock. fucking ruled. it was my brother's best friend, this freaky tall motherfucker, on the floor in the unfinished back room of Sean McNeal's basement; Sean was fooling around with some girl i did not know on the couch just outside the door. we ended up going to prom together and he broke my hymen parked outside the church i grew up in. that ruled, too. i don't know if he felt guilty about the brother thing or if he was one of those "everything, but…" kind of Christians, or maybe he just loved slurping my sweet virgin pussy, but he could have fucked me on those and many more occasions, but didn't.

Keith 04-05-2017 12:22 AM

Such poetry.

WittyReference 04-06-2017 12:08 AM

I can't stand when entertainment things are "rebooted" and they call it the same thing as the original. It's so short sighted to think that won't be confusing to future generations or to people now. At least add the year to the title.

Mermaid 04-06-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric Squirrel (Post 859326)
I understand that white washing is a major issue, however in the case of an anime where characters in the source material are often drawn to look white, it doesn't really seem like an odd casting choice.

This is where we fuck up. I've seen this argument be torn to shreds by Asian people.

They only look white to us because white is the default here (in the west). The characters look Asian to people from Asia. If you actually go and look at some anime with this in mind you can totally see it.

WittyReference 04-06-2017 10:43 PM

I mean for fucks sake, this is a game that only has three versions so far.

Star Wars: Battlefront (2004)
Star Wars: Battlefront II (2005)
Star Wars: Battlefront III (cancelled 2008)
Star Wars Battlefront (2015)
Star Wars Battlefront II (expected 2017)

Why aren't the new ones just 3 & 4? Instead the colon is the only difference.

theycallmepyro 04-20-2017 01:37 PM

Cena accidentally says ?You can?t see me? to blind kid - Kayfabe News

^ a literal fake news article from 5 years ago.

Keith 04-20-2017 03:25 PM

That's why I have you timely keeping us on track. You're the best in the business.

flerchin 04-20-2017 03:32 PM

Fake news or not, Cena absolutely is that moronic.

Sparrow 04-20-2017 03:46 PM

dat ass, tho.