Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2606: Now Hiring (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2606-now-hiring-20449/)

Michael's Servant 04-05-2017 11:00 PM

2606: Now Hiring

with Hann Cowger – A KATG internship interview; tattoos, addiction, cancer, and her dead father

Guest:
Hann Cowger
http://static-4.keithandthegirl.net/...ah-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Sakugenken 04-06-2017 12:15 AM

What a great guest! I hope you hire her, I'm interested to see what kind of spinoff show she will come up with.

Keith 04-06-2017 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859367)
I hate baby voice. Hate.

And oh, creating low expectations as a woman and than doing anything? No .
It might help in the moment. But people still think you are an idiot.

Chemda if you start talking like this we might be over with us.( not really)

I record myself on a podcast and I do lots of annoying stuff, but not that voice.

But why don't you know grammar a little bit? Is that baby talk?

You know after "over with us." there'd be a space before the parenthesis and then not a space after the parenthesis right? Cause then why was there no space before the end parenthesis?

I'm not talking silly misspellings. I'm saying Good Gravy.

Honest to God Apia, help us help you. Make it make sense.

It could be your FIFTH language, but Christ in Heaven I'd rather you just did a baby voice.

Keith 04-06-2017 02:33 AM

Stop adding English to the list and we can give you the benefit of the doubt on the other ones.

Keith 04-06-2017 04:56 AM

Me: :(

Keith 04-06-2017 07:52 AM

And all of that was perfect. I knew you could do it.

Mermaid 04-06-2017 10:20 AM

The higher pitch voice thing irks my soul.

It doesn't bother me when it's obviously part of a bit but in real life conversations it's a vexation to my spirit.

Most of my experiences with it have been from passive aggressive white women in working environments. The queens of passive aggression.

When I hear that pitch change I automatically become suspicious like "what are you up to now bitch? Who you finna snitch on, then go to lunch with?"

memecherry 04-06-2017 10:57 AM

Baby voice sounds fake because it is....

I think Han has a great personality & could fit in well with the KATG fam.

I've done things with "fake intent" to get bills paid... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. She came across as honest & raw, good fit in my opinion based on that!

Sparrow 04-06-2017 11:21 AM

she said my name on air and i blushed down to my roots. i have a crush happening on this chick and i'm pretty confident she's competent enough to do this job. shit, Danny did this job (#DannyBoyz4lyfe), i think Hann can handle it. i would also like more opportunities to see that dimple work. #voteyes

Sparrow 04-06-2017 11:25 AM

we live in a world where Brexit, Trump, and the Cubs winning a world series happened. i'm not taking any chances.

memecherry 04-06-2017 11:26 AM

She quoted a friend in regards to disarming men with the baby voice by lowering expectations...

In a world mostly run by patriarchy I'm a bit more forgiving of women that find ways to cope & work around the world they are surrounded in.

Not everyone does it the same way.

Do I speak in a baby voice to get things done? No, it's not my personality, but I do have a brief history of sex work...

Soooo... I don't judge women for sometimes bending their femininity to survive.

Not every woman is comfortable being assertive & a badass (and most of the time labeled a "bitch").

I'm surrounded by them at work right now & try to coach some of them out of their shyness...

Sparrow 04-06-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memecherry (Post 859392)
She quoted a friend in regards to disarming men with the baby voice by lowering expectations...

i often go into things underestimated. it's a power position if you work it right.

Sparrow 04-06-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859397)
It might help in the moment, but I don't think that's a position of power.

the respect you win over makes those people look like idiots and they're less apt to do it again and it gives them additional impetus to have your back further down the road and to sing your praises to others. shame is a potent tool.

i'm a young-faced puppeteer without a college education; i got fewer legs to stand on, but the ones i do have could kick a hole through a mule. it surprises people. and i like that. they like it, too.

dEadERest 04-06-2017 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859375)
Good. I just wanted to hear that you care about me despite my terrible grammar. I'll try to improve. ❤❤❤

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 859376)
And all of that was perfect. I knew you could do it.

. . and there is love
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 859388)
she said my name on air and i blushed down to my roots.

thank you :p
Quote:

shit, Danny did this job

lolz
Quote:

Originally Posted by memecherry (Post 859392)
In a world mostly run by patriarchy I'm a bit more forgiving of women that find ways to cope & work around the world they are surrounded in.

very Team_memecherry, c u in a week :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 859394)
i often go into things underestimated. it's a power position if you work it right.

always Team_Sparrow
Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859398)
I don't mind sex work.
Sex work has many variations.

Apia . . continuing to win me over;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 859400)
i got fewer legs to stand on, but the ones i do have could kick a hole through a mule.

think about that!
And who's gonna clean that up? A woman?

Haven't listened, can't vote . .:mad:

Sparrow 04-06-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859401)
And now I remember why I dislike this behaviour so much. That's the stereotype of an East European woman who is sweet and non threating. Can " play" men. The woman I'm supposed to be. No thanks.

you ain't got to. you are you and i like the you that you are. i happen to enjoy playing bloodsport with my feminine wiles or pure sweet innocence if someone is susceptible to it. sometimes just for shits and giggles. don't show me your weakness, bros.

Sparrow 04-06-2017 12:51 PM

luckily enough, i'm surrounded by an oddly high number of powerful and smart lesbians and that keeps me in check most of the time. that shit does not work on them nor the company they tend to keep.

Jmsmittyroad 04-06-2017 01:32 PM

Put me down for a yes!

dEadERest 04-06-2017 01:35 PM

one of dEad's fave life aphorisms:
Quote:

don't live your stereotype
the prerequisite to that being, know your stereotype:D
then you can 'play with it', sparrowesque

memecherry 04-06-2017 02:20 PM

When the housing market crashed & I had to change careers from loan processing to office management, I took a nasty paycut... It was also around the same time that I broke up with a long term boyfriend who helped pay the bills when things got tight...

I had already dabbled in fetish modeling & knew some sex workers so I figured I would give it a try, cause hey I enjoy sex!

I went on enough dates to pay the bills for a few months, and quickly started to realize I wasn't meant to be on the "front lines". I started to look into more of a "management" type role & even had a few ladies interested in me helping them... Then the craigslist killer came out in the news (I used craigslist at the time to help me screen potential dates) and I freaked out. The thought of one of my girls possibly landing in a deadly situation made me stop everything & reroute my direction. I moved to a much cheaper apartment & basically starved till I got myself two jobs & was able to finally take care of myself again with a legal paycheck.

Should sex work be legal & safe? yes
Is it for everybody? no....

I don't give all women carte blanche to be asswipes in regards to their femininity, but a woman that has a relatively good head on her shoulders, especially after seeing some of the under belly of the world..

Well... I have a softer spot for them...

alex_vincent 04-06-2017 05:19 PM

she's qualified

those tats are horrendous but I like her

Enunciated Piffle 04-06-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859417)
I'm absolutely for sex work being safe and legal.

I'm all for legalizing the baby voice. If you're that open to manipulation; so be it.

Fuck 'em.

Mermaid 04-06-2017 08:29 PM

I'm all for women using their feminine wiles to get ahead.

Even to the extreme. Girl you can get your rent paid by a older man? Go for it.
You can get that promotion by flirting? I aint mad. You got the job or out of a ticket cause you showed some cleavage? More power to ya.

I'm almost certain I've gotten most of my jobs because I was not only qualified but also apparently every 50+ year old white man's swirl fantasy. As evidenced by their need to tell me I have "the perfect body".

I'm just trying to figure out how I can leverage this safely.

Mermaid 04-06-2017 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859410)
All is good. It was like a therapy for me to write this. My mother and other women in my family wanted me to behave like that and I hated it. That's why I react so negatively to baby voice and so on.

My mom has never and would never teach me to act dumber. However, I have noticed that she pretends to be ditzy and incompetent on occasion in order to not have to do stuff and she also thinks it's cute-usually around men.

It's extremely jarring because she is the stereotypical "I'm a strong black woman and I don't need no man". Has 3 degrees, raised 2 kids mostly alone, paid for both their college tuitions alone, her version of "asking" for help from a man was occasionally dropping us off at our dad's front door on saturday morning cause she needed to pull a double shift so we can go to disney world for spring break.

Now suddenly in her 50s I'm seeing her being ditzy and passive and it's a little upsetting.

Sparrow 04-06-2017 08:41 PM

when i was 20, i 100% absolutely was hired at an adult store b/c i looked like jailbait. i wore a lot of pig tails on purpose.

Todd 04-07-2017 11:52 AM

Hann may have her shit too together to be a proper KATG employee, but I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and gamble on her having some neuroses that will make themselves known at a later date.

In.

thirteen 04-07-2017 12:54 PM

Baby voices are atrocious. People may do things for you because they honestly think you're disabled.

Bucho 04-07-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

... shit, Danny did this job (#DannyBoyz4lyfe), i think Hann can handle it ...

Danny's my main man but I had this exact same thought.

#HannyGirlz4lyfe

flerchin 04-07-2017 07:57 PM

You're more likely to end in a Max the Magician situation than Kyle the drummer.

If hired, I'm sure we'll get some good podcasts.

amnesiac 04-07-2017 11:30 PM

Holy shitsnacks I LOVED her! Aces babillion! I'm considering pulling an Eats Paste and making a bunch of fake accounts to vote for a thousand times.

punk'n 04-08-2017 12:47 AM

Maybe it's cos I also am a former drunken punk rocker from Kansas City, but yes to her! She was an awesome guest. Team Hann!

beerchick 04-10-2017 09:14 AM

Baby talk if you gotta

Women have had to use alternative means to get ahead throughout history. This is because they are not taken seriously or given the same consideration as men. Though I don't think using baby talk should necessarily be an encouraged behavior, I'm all for using whatever means necessary to trick men to get ahead. Until they treat us as equals, we do what we gotta do.

KOUNTRY 04-10-2017 10:00 AM

Just now heard the show it's ace's I vote yes.

KOUNTRY 04-10-2017 10:16 AM

Baby voice reminded me of Betty boop had no problem with it or the playing dumb thing EVERYONE does it men women children think back bet we all have done it to get out of something. My better half pretends she don't know how to back the car down the driveway its just too hard and I am soooo much better at it. I on other hand don't know how to shop how can I tell what's ripe what's 2 ply whats the difference mayo and miracle whip ARE SAMETHING arnt they ? Maybe you should go babe there's no way I don't mess this up

bw81 04-10-2017 11:53 PM

I loved Hann's energy and the rapport with K&C. Hope she sticks around!

shoebootie 04-11-2017 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apia (Post 859386)
I hate the idea of women making themselves small and stupid to surprise someone with knowing anything. Men fell threatened by you? Their problem. Not all men are like this.

As I said, I work as a sales representative.
I'm quite successful and work for 11 years in this field.
Being fake doesn't help. Be the person you are and you will find people who like you.

WE ALL KNOW YOU WORK AS A SALES REP FOR PHARMA. WE KNOW.
Working in pharma sales, do you get nervous about job stability? It's a pretty volatile industry. Have you been with the same company for long? (not sarcasm)

As for the voice, whatever, it can come in handy. Don't act like men don't have their version of "the voice" - except their version is doing some task very, very poorly so that either a. we don't ask them to do it again... or b. when they do it well they get a gold star and happy little ego boost.

KOUNTRY 04-11-2017 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoebootie (Post 859510)
WE ALL KNOW YOU WORK AS A SALES REP FOR PHARMA. WE KNOW.
Working in pharma sales, do you get nervous about job stability? It's a pretty volatile industry. Have you been with the same company for long? (not sarcasm)

As for the voice, whatever, it can come in handy. Don't act like men don't have their version of "the voice" - except their version is doing some task very, very poorly so that either a. we don't ask them to do it again... or b. when they do it well they get a gold star and happy little ego boost.

Love my gold star ego boosts I got my self one for not washing a work sweater of my ladie's in hot hot water # what's the lint trap babe

amnesiac 04-11-2017 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOUNTRY (Post 859512)
Love my gold star ego boosts I got my self one for not washing a work sweater of my ladie's in hot hot water # what's the lint trap babe

Kountry you should apply to be an intern at KATG.

KOUNTRY 04-11-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnesiac (Post 859522)
Kountry you should apply to be an intern at KATG.

I am game hit me up Keith and Chemda gal ��

memecherry 04-11-2017 01:32 PM

I think Keith would shoot himself if he has another intern with poor grammar...

I like Keith (most of the time), let's keep Keith alive please.

KOUNTRY 04-11-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memecherry (Post 859524)
I think Keith would shoot himself if he has another intern with poor grammar...

I like Keith (most of the time), let's keep Keith alive please...

Wat ya talkin bout? Wat B this "grammar" thing u speek of. ? ��