Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   2609: Have a Pepsi and a Smile (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/2609-have-pepsi-smile-20456/)

Michael's Servant 04-10-2017 11:00 PM

2609: Have a Pepsi and a Smile

with Rosebud Baker — Astrology; the past you didn’t know you had; Kendall Jenner’s Pepsi commercial; drivers; sobriety; Botox; abusive boyfriends; The Boss Baby, Going in Style, and CHiPs reviewed

Guest:
Rosebud Baker
http://static-2.keithandthegirl.net/...er-100x100.jpg

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

snowflake 04-11-2017 05:52 AM

when she talks about abusers gaslighting and posing sd victims i totally had flash backs to two exes of mine. This woman knows whats up and is super funny. so good

Chmpy 04-11-2017 06:23 AM

Saying "if you are white and your family lived in this country for a long time means they had to have owned slaves at some point." is like looking back at the 2000s and saying "if your family was white in the 2000s you must have owned a mansion and a Porsche."

Some very rich white people owned slaves. There were plenty of poor white people and plenty of rich white people who didn't own slaves.

KOUNTRY 04-11-2017 11:45 AM

My moms side of family has been here for very long time and had farms and where poor and had slaves. But there version of slaves where having a bunch of kids and putting them to work often instead of school. At Least on my grandmas side my grandpa says he was little and remembered using the N word but also remembered there never being black people in his town that's what they called the lazy and stupid people and in his town they where white. He saw black people for his first time in air force and immediately hated the way they where treated. He remembered working close to one and liking everything about him so much that when the weekend came around once he looked for him and asked him to hang out go watch a movie look for girls. Morgan told him he would but he had no money my gramps asked how that could be they just got paid Morgan replied oh we don't get paid but I am happy to have food floors that are not dirt and boots. My grandpa told him everyone gets paid and took him to pay roll to get his CHECK's yes checks cause the had been piling up in the hopes he was guessing that him and others like him would never go get them. After some stink eyes from payroll morgan and my gramps went out on town but not before Morgan had my gramps show him how he could send all of his money minus last check to his mom for his family. That wasn't the only story about Morgan I heard but got the impression racism wasn't around much in my family's past but extreme hatred for LAZY NESS was

memecherry 04-11-2017 01:58 PM

Re: phone usage

Lot's of folks get paid a lot of money to keep you hooked on your phone/apps

60 min just did a piece on it:

Hooked on your phone? Anderson Cooper can relate - CBS News

Lanfear 04-11-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KOUNTRY (Post 859516)
My moms side of family has been here for very long time and had farms and where poor and had slaves. But there version of slaves where having a bunch of kids and putting them to work often instead of school. At Least on my grandmas side my grandpa says he was little and remembered using the N word but also remembered there never being black people in his town that's what they called the lazy and stupid people and in his town they where white. He saw black people for his first time in air force and immediately hated the way they where treated. He remembered working close to one and liking everything about him so much that when the weekend came around once he looked for him and asked him to hang out go watch a movie look for girls. Morgan told him he would but he had no money my gramps asked how that could be they just got paid Morgan replied oh we don't get paid but I am happy to have food floors that are not dirt and boots. My grandpa told him everyone gets paid and took him to pay roll to get his CHECK's yes checks cause the had been piling up in the hopes he was guessing that him and others like him would never go get them. After some stink eyes from payroll morgan and my gramps went out on town but not before Morgan had my gramps show him how he could send all of his money minus last check to his mom for his family. That wasn't the only story about Morgan I heard but got the impression racism wasn't around much in my family's past but extreme hatred for LAZY NESS was

ohhhhhh nooooo didn't we just celebrate you not writing unreadable text walls on the forums anymore?

KOUNTRY 04-11-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lanfear (Post 859530)
ohhhhhh nooooo didn't we just celebrate you not writing unreadable text walls on the forums anymore?

Premature celebrations I think. Never EVER give me to much credit 😁

memecherry 04-11-2017 05:24 PM

Re: Botox as preventative measures...

I personally wouldn't use botox because people younger than me are doing it...

For as much as Kylie Jenner looks good in the right angle/lighting/makeup I can already see how much her face is NOT natural looking from everything she injects in it when she's bare faced... She's not even 21 yet...

It also requires too much maintenance, it's not a one time thing = $$$$$$$$

All you need to see is the people with faces frozen weirdly from a wrong placed needle to rethink the concept at all.

Do I fall down the rabbit hole sometimes of considering surgical options to "fix what I don't like"? Yes.. Consume enough media & have society give you more love when you are made up/thin/etc & you will probably consider it too.

I ultimately try to just make peace with the face & body I have...

Feels like it would be healthier in the long run...

Curt 04-12-2017 08:59 AM

Only about 6% of white southerners owned slaves in the south prior to the Civil War which is part of what made so many poor white non-slave owners fighting to keep slavery around completely ridiculous. The "free" labor slave owners got made it harder for non-slave owners in the American South to make money. It would be like people making minimum wage today fighting a war so that the Kochs, Waltons and Mercers can keep their corporations.

Since slave owners made up such a small portion of Americans in the mid-19th century (1.5% of all Americans in both the North and the South owned slaves) its not a stretch to believe you could be white, have family that was here then and didn't have connection to slave ownership.

Caveats to keep from getting in trouble. No, this does not absolve the US, especially the South, of any culpability. Slavery was never a good thing and bringing people here against their will can never be justified. Reparations are still required.

This is all to say that along with slavery being a crime against humanity it was also a issue of class struggle.

jcro21 04-12-2017 09:13 AM

Loved Rosebud on the show, great name, great face, great tweets.

All my favorite KATG guests are the ones that have stories so horrific it hurts to listen to. Between the surgery (OUCH), the abuse, the near-suicide, and the friggin hot tub (jesus christ in heaven) this episode really made me feel something while sitting in traffic.

I'm eagerly awaiting the reverse Whats-My-Name about al-anon. I guess the whole ANON part might make this not happen.