Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who do you find yourself agreeing with most during this show?
Keith 26 65.00%
Chemda 14 35.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree31Likes

Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Lol Thank you Sparrow!
Sparrow likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 06:44 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hennessy probably reacts differently to alcohol on different days because of his ADHD medication.

ADHD meds are stimulants and alcohol is a depressant. So if you drink within 12 or so hours after taking the meds you won't feel the buzz from alcohol as well. I advise against it cause the buzz is how you can tell if you have reached your limit. On meds one minute you are sober and the next you are passed out or have alcohol poisoning because you couldn't feel it coming.

My tolerance is much higher on days I've taken my meds. Whereas on other days I feel loopy after one drink.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:53 AM   #13 (permalink)

I kinda get what Apia is saying.

People who smoke weed talk about weed a lot. It's kinda like the way Evangelical Christians talk about Jesus. "Have you heard the good word?"

It also reminds me of how teenagers and underaged adults talk about their alcohol consumption constantly. Then when they turn 21 it's not as cool to talk about 24/7 anymore.

I think the same will happen when weed is legal. The "coolness" and edgy "fuck the man" part won't be there anymore and folks will stop being so obsessed.
Lanfear, punk'n and Apia like this.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

Kyle Ayers is one cool dude, one of my favorite guests lately. Good that he can keep up with K and C when things get slightly heated or personal. Also I was 100% with him about spirituality. Hope he gets some sleep.

I'm surprised Hennessy can lucid dreaming smoking weed. Whenever I quit, I dream like crazy for a week or two, having lots of lucid dreams. I haven't smoked in two weeks and every morning I write in my dream journal because the shit in my head is wild. I've also been reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics which are all about dreams.

I've read that marijuana inhibits REM sleep, which is the stage in your sleep cycle where your brain is most active and where they say you have most dreams (Marijuana, REM Sleep, and Dreams - Leaf Science). Not dreaming as vividly or at all is one of the worst side effects of weed for me, which really shows how free of side effects it is!
Old 05-07-2017, 12:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
exactly.
Weed is cool and fun and everything, but can we ALSO talk about something else?
Apia likes this.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
Not dreaming as vividly or at all is one of the worst side effects of weed for me
that's definitely true for me as well. tolerance breaks are like stepping into goddamn technicolor Oz when i go to sleep.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia View Post
My ex boyfreind:

"But that's not possible! Weed is always great for everyone! You dream even better! You just don't realize it because you believe all the lies " they" told you! Free your mind! I'm so high! Hahahahahahahahaha!"
I think my favorite part of this thread is your impressions of your stoner ex-boyfriend haha, I practically hear the exasperation in the text "Why did I bother with that guy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcro21 View Post
I've read that marijuana inhibits REM sleep, which is the stage in your sleep cycle where your brain is most active and where they say you have most dreams (Marijuana, REM Sleep, and Dreams - Leaf Science). Not dreaming as vividly or at all is one of the worst side effects of weed for me, which really shows how free of side effects it is!
Ahh this article is very interesting. I've been doing some reading on this topic myself after the show and I was specifically looking for a link based on long term marijuana use to the detriment of short memory faculties which could point to shortening of attention span.
I have also read suggestions that regular marijuana users should supplement was Omega 3 DHA to counterbalance wear on their memory. In that vein of thought nootropics may help as well.

There's definately evidence with alcohol and marijuana that until you're 25 years old and your brain is fully formed your should only partake in either drug quite sparingly. So potentially the impact of excessive/abusive marijuana for several years while under 25 may have an exponentially more deleterious effect on the brain compared to someone over 25.
Apia likes this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 05-07-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

ok but where can i get some weed tho
Keith and Sparrow like this.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Chemda in 2005: "Keith, you drink too much."

Keith in 2017: "Chemda, you smoke too much."
jcro21, arty, Lanfear and 1 others like this.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:38 AM   #20 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I knew we'd get her!!!