Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you find yourself agreeing with regarding kids, football, and child pageants?
Keith 23 82.14%
Chemda 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 05-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

2632: Standing on a Ladder

with Shane Torres – Taking your dad off life support; children and football; children and beauty pageants; waking up gay; the controversial new Miss USA; the Spokane Spanker

Guests:
Hann Cowger

Shane Torres

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

i used to get pageant brochures in the mail when i was a kid. i kept them in a secret drawer in my room and looked at them a lot. having brought it up as an adult, my mother said she would have allowed me had i spoken up, she got a serious kick out of my whims and fancies, but as it was the idea of interacting with a group of girls i didn't know was really scary, so i just took my tiaras out in the woods and pretended. i have to imagine, looking back, getting my confidence that early born in the Southern pageant circuit would have turned me into a huge bitch. i'd probably still be going to church.
Keith, Bucho and memecherry like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 05-16-2017, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

speaking of, Casting JonBenet on Netflix is a good watch.
lizsquiz likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

And who still loves tiaras?
Old 05-17-2017, 01:29 AM   #5 (permalink)

"My view on kids is, talk to their core-self and teach both sides of the story and give them enough confidence and love that hopefully they'll make the right decisions in the end" - Chemda

I'm not sure I can vote on this pole, my main issue with Chemda's point is that on one hand kids pick up a lot of ideas from their environment which includes the people they're exposed to at school. From what Chemda was saying I think she's picturing the desires of the children coming from their 'core-selves' whereas Keith's point of view is that these ideas are coming from an external place.

If I had a child that suddenly got the idea that they'd be very interested in football I would look for the source of that and would point them in the direction of a less dangerous sport. They key difference for me is that sports are broadly in a category of athleticism, and nailing one particular sport as the be all and end of for the child is silly.
Each and every calling isn't so damn specific when you're a child much less for adults. For pageant kids you could just as easily encourage them into making clothes, hair and makeup without the permanent dangers to their self-esteem that comes with child beauty pageants.
jcro21 and Apia like this.

Last edited by Jo_Culprit; 05-17-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Sounds like you can vote.
Old 05-17-2017, 04:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
And who still loves tiaras?
…i do.
Keith, Bucho, memecherry and 1 others like this.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

A post coital grilled cheese sandwich sounds amazing. Then wash it down with a summer ale. I need to be rich.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

"Make like a beast with two baby back ribs." P. Diddy Shakespeare
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Another part of my passion against boxing & football is that it has become an exploitative way for brown & black kids to "make it out of the hood"...

Just like we look back at gladiator fights as barbaric, we will look back at football the same way.

No amount of padding stops the brain from jostling around in the skull & unfortunately one of the few things that CAN help, cannabis, is prohibited by the league. Many players not only develop CTE, but the pain they put their bodies through leaves many of them hooked on painkillers, etc...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...STL/story.html

"As parents become more cautious, football will be left to communities with fewer options. This has always been true of boxing, where the gladiators tend to have nothing to lose. The current popularity of football on television and the high salaries of players mask the sport’s stratifications as surely as Muhammad Ali’s dancing in the ring concealed the brutality of boxing. Majority African-American teams essentially beat one another’s brains out in front of mostly white crowds and the white skybox elite."
shoebootie likes this.

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.