Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who did you find yourself agreeing with regarding kids, football, and child pageants?
Keith 23 82.14%
Chemda 5 17.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree53Likes

Old 05-17-2017, 11:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Can I also add that this show reminded my why I love you guys so much & everyone should listen to KATG.

I find myself agreeing with Chemda on almost everything most of the time, but there is that once in a blue moon that I agree with Keith, & being able to listen to both of your POVs is def part of the secret sauce that keeps me hooked!

LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Thank you and how dare.
memecherry likes this.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
I would say a fair analogy to a kid playing tackle football is a teenager aggressively speeding when driving a car. They both raise the risk of serious damage.

By the way, most teenagers are terrible at risk analysis. Heck many adult are poor at risk analysis too.
The difference is most parents/adults aren't encouraging kids to speed when driving a car, but they will encourage to hit the opposing team harder & to just "shake it off" when they get concussions...
Keith, Bucho and Apia like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 04:11 AM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good old Science backs up Shane's "common sense" argument that MMA is significantly safer than boxing when it comes to the most serious type of injury because in boxing 80% of the time you're attacking the head with strikes, while in MMA there are many other options for how to score points/finish a match.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...1106062447.htm

"... MMA fighters face a slightly higher risk of minor injuries. Boxers, however, are more likely to experience serious harm from concussions and other head trauma, loss of consciousness, eye injuries, smashed noses and broken bones.

"Yes, you're more likely to get injured if you're participating in mixed martial arts, but the injury severity is less overall than boxing. Most of the blood you see in mixed martial arts is from bloody noses or facial cuts; it doesn't tend to be as severe but looks a lot worse than it actually is."
Keith likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 07:49 AM   #15 (permalink)

I cringed for a lot of this episode.

I did a pageant when I was 8 and did Barbizon at 14. I also have friends who still do pageants.

They aren't all dumb and vain. My friend is a military Captain pursuing a law degree.

The winner of Miss USA is a chemist that works for a division of NASA. She just isn't versed in social justice. She also clarified on Good Morning America the next day. I can see how nerves could have effected her, she even had a nervous laugh in the audio. She is a scientist so she probably doesn't have the same experience speaking in front of crowds as yall comedians. And she was in front of the world.

Just because a girl is into makeup and looking pretty doesn't mean she cant also be smart or that she has some kind of internal conflict.

That false dichotomy is annoying.
Bucho likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:02 AM   #16 (permalink)

I also want to point out the dangerous thinking about little girls in makeup.

Its interesting that Chemda didn't fight the thought that they are more at risk of attack by pervs.

Pervs don't care if little girls are wearing makeup or not. They are not at any more risk than if they were in any other extracurricular activity.

Pedos like kids. They go wherever kids gather. It is not specific to pageants.

joe paterno.
memecherry likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
I also want to point out the dangerous thinking about little girls in makeup.

Its interesting that Chemda didn't fight the thought that they are more at risk of attack by pervs.

Pervs don't care if little girls are wearing makeup or not. They are not at any more risk than if they were in any other extracurricular activity.

Pedos like kids. They go wherever kids gather. It is not specific to pageants.

joe paterno.
Also the notion that by wearing makeup that ratchets up the "asking for it" -- makeup or not anyone that thinks "she's asking for it" will think it, makeup or not... I didn't get into makeup like I am till a few years ago, my mid 30s.

I've been harassed by men since I was 13...
Old 05-18-2017, 09:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
The winner of Miss USA is a chemist that works for a division of NASA. She just isn't versed in social justice. She also clarified on Good Morning America the next day. I can see how nerves could have effected her, she even had a nervous laugh in the audio. She is a scientist so she probably doesn't have the same experience speaking in front of crowds as yall comedians. And she was in front of the world.
Social Justice?

They're morons every single year.

You really could have just stopped with saying your friend is smart because then we'd never know.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Social Justice?

They're morons every single year.

You really could have just stopped with saying your friend is smart because then we'd never know.
There are morons in every profession everyday.

People are just stuck on the "pageant girls are dumb" thing because its confirmation bias. Pretty girls who like makeup are just supposed to be dumb.

The 2016 winner of Miss USA was also a Military Captain with a masters degree.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 AM   #20 (permalink)

Yes, social justice.

Everyone isn't "woke" to social injustices. Doesn't make them dumb all around.
The Girl, jcro21 and memecherry like this.